• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 15 |OT| Winter Is Coming

squicken

i've gone to quite a few games over the years and its really not that bad. you talk shit back and forth with the other fans (cards fans are particularly mouthy in AZ!) but it never escalates unless you've got 2 drunk idiots or 1 drunk idiot and a sober person who doesn't take into account that there is a drunk idiot talking to him.

Giants and Dodgers have had a few ugly incidents. Your team will no longer play the Raiders in the preseason. Used to be it was druken Eagles fans and fist fights, but it seems like the West Coast has escalated it

cdyhybrid

Giants and Dodgers have had a few ugly incidents. Your team will no longer play the Raiders in the preseason. Used to be it was druken Eagles fans and fist fights, but it seems like the West Coast has escalated it

I was going to say it was just California, but then I remembered the overgrown dumpster that is Autzen Stadium.

squicken

Johnny Manziel is about to sign with a Houston based agency. Prepare yourselves Texans gaf!

I think this is the window most guys choose their agents. It's fine as long as they don't take any money (wink wink) or sign anything. SSG was Geno Smith's agency before he went with Jay Z

Man, finished my finals and saw the box score for the game. Knew this was going to be a trap game. Think the tight window from Sunday to Thursday took a toll on the team. Defense still needs to step up. Miami beating New England is the only thing Denver should be looking forward to right now, otherwise, it's going to be a hard road. It's kind of sad that the top two AFC seeds look so vulnerable right now.

Nori Chan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QARNEhpTA0M

there's the only phillip rivers talk you ever need to hear
Why would you even know about this

you sick fuck
Surprised Nori hasn't been here celebrating. Chargers have a damn good shot at the playoffs now.
You missed it.
Fuck the Chargers. They can beat the god damn broncos and Chiefs on the road but can't beat the fucking redskins or dolphins on the road.

Hmm demons souls isn't too hard but the enemies sure feel a lot cheaper than dark souls

I should go back and play it. I only ended up killing 3 bosses (1-1, 1-2, and 2-1) before giving up on it. 3-1 scared the shit out of me, 4-1 frusterated me with the huge ogre thing at the beginning and 5-1 confused the hell out of me. Did beat Dark Souls though. Favorite game of 2011.

Yeah, Chargers are hard to figure out. This was a quality win though. Broncos wanted to be #1 seed and this seriously puts that in doubt.

I think Chargers make it in if they win next two weeks.

Good morning.

UmecMr6.gif

Yeah, Chargers are hard to figure out. This was a quality win though. Broncos wanted to be #1 seed and this seriously puts that in doubt.

I think Chargers make it in if they win next two weeks.

Ravens definitely have a harder schedule, but the Dolphins have the tie-breaker over SD due to their week 11 win over the Chargers. SD would need to beat both the Raiders (trap game!) and the Chiefs, whereas the Dolphins have both the Jets and Bills even if they lose to the Pats. At least a fighting chance, I guess I wouldn't mind seeing any one of those teams go to Foxboro if they made it past the wildcard round.

It's nutty that there really aren't any dominant AFC teams. Sadly, the Patriots are the most consistent. Consistently pretty average, but they keep winning games regardless. That's all that really matters though, I guess. We'll see how far Gronk-less Brady can take them in the final 3 weeks, but I wouldn't be surprised if they win out (Dolphins-GAF, save us!)

This year has felt like a microcosm of Peyton's career. Stellar, record-breaking offensive numbers, a wishy-washy defense and suspect special teams (outside of MVPrater, naturally). At least the big losses have come in the regular season (Colts, Patriots, Chargers). Hopefully the Broncos are paying for it now instead of a one-and-done knockout in the playoffs by one of these teams. I'm just astounded by how bad the defense got when so many players from last year carried over. Who are we missing? Old man Keith Brooking? Dumervil's sack total has almost already been matched by Shaun Phillips. Justin Bannan has only played 3 games with the Lions. Missing Wolfe and Vickerson has hurt our interior pass rush as of late, but even before then we were still not getting enough consistent pressure on other QBs. Maybe the weed fuels Von to be next level.

I guess looking at last year's schedule, the defense wasn't that impressive. Outside of the New Orleans game, we didn't really shut out any of the good offenses last year. Kansas City is obviously much better this year. Maybe last year was just fortunate scheduling/circumstance and now we're struggling against better offenses this year.

Even with the Texans in full tank mode, I could still see them pulling an upset next week. Gotta get our shit together.

Dragon

Banned
Like I said, find out what Schlereth said about that game, and compare it to this one. Parallels are there. As far as trying to make myself feel better about the loss, I don't need to. The only thing that potentially changes is the #1 seed comes open. Which by my measure, which I said since the beginning of the season I might add, is not as important as clinching a playoff spot. Which has already been accomplished.

With that said, I'm going to bed now, and I think that might make me feel better about the loss. As a matter of fact, I'm sure it will.

failed.gif.pagespeed.ce.X0byPDn_hP.gif

Hey I just heard on the radio Willie McGinest said that the Browns game where they beat a shitty team and pulled it out of their butts reminded him of 2004 when they went 14-2.

gutshot

I love how when a (probably exaggerated) story surfaces about Philly fans beating up an opposing team's fan, everyone has to pile on with their comments, "Typical. Philly fans are trash. SMDH"

When multiple people are stabbed at another game though, it barely warrants a mention and it's brushed off, "Well there's always 1 or 2 drunks at every game. Whadayagonnado?"

Wrayfield

Ravens definitely have a harder schedule, but the Dolphins have the tie-breaker over SD due to their week 11 win over the Chargers. SD would need to beat both the Raiders (trap game!) and the Chiefs, whereas the Dolphins have both the Jets and Bills even if they lose to the Pats. At least a fighting chance, I guess I wouldn't mind seeing any one of those teams go to Foxboro if they made it past the wildcard round.

It's nutty that there really aren't any dominant AFC teams. Sadly, the Patriots are the most consistent. Consistently pretty average, but they keep winning games regardless. That's all that really matters though, I guess. We'll see how far Gronk-less Brady can take them in the final 3 weeks, but I wouldn't be surprised if they win out (Dolphins-GAF, save us!)

This year has felt like a microcosm of Peyton's career. Stellar, record-breaking offensive numbers, a wishy-washy defense and suspect special teams (outside of MVPrater, naturally). At least the big losses have come in the regular season (Colts, Patriots, Chargers). Hopefully the Broncos are paying for it now instead of a one-and-done knockout in the playoffs by one of these teams. I'm just astounded by how bad the defense got when so many players from last year carried over. Who are we missing? Old man Keith Brooking? Dumervil's sack total has almost already been matched by Shaun Phillips. Justin Bannan has only played 3 games with the Lions. Missing Wolfe and Vickerson has hurt our interior pass rush as of late, but even before then we were still not getting enough consistent pressure on other QBs. Maybe the weed fuels Von to be next level.

I guess looking at last year's schedule, the defense wasn't that impressive. Outside of the New Orleans game, we didn't really shut out any of the good offenses last year. Kansas City is obviously much better this year. Maybe last year was just fortunate scheduling/circumstance and now we're struggling against better offenses this year.

Even with the Texans in full tank mode, I could still see them pulling an upset next week. Gotta get our shit together.

I wish I could tell you the Dolphins will take care of the Pats. Not that optimistic. Actually, Dolphins have 16 trap games every season, so at this stage I wouldn't be surprised if we eked one out against the Pats, only to lose to the Jests and Bills.

Dragon

Banned
I love how when a (probably exaggerated) story surfaces about Philly fans beating up an opposing team's fan, everyone has to pile on with their comments, "Typical. Philly fans are trash. SMDH"

When multiple people are stabbed at another game though, it barely warrants a mention and it's brushed off, "Well there's always 1 or 2 drunks at every game. Whadayagonnado?"

I love strawman arguments. You have a convicted dog murderer and a racist scumbag on your team and you're getting self-righteous. That's my job mofo, don't encroach on my territory.

stinkface.gif.pagespeed.ce.GoxpWXdl0v.gif

You guys attacked Santa Clause. Santa!

gutshot

I love strawman arguments. You have a convicted dog murderer and a racist scumbag on your team and you're getting self-righteous. That's my job mofo, don't encroach on my territory.

stinkface.gif.pagespeed.ce.GoxpWXdl0v.gif

At least I don't like that piece of shit series Wheel of Time. Go tug on your braid, bitch.

I wish I could tell you the Dolphins will take care of the Pats. Not that optimistic. Actually, Dolphins have 16 trap games every season, so at this stage I wouldn't be surprised if we eked one out against the Pats, only to lose to the Jests and Bills.
Haha, I have had similar thoughts many a time, my friend. Can't count on this team for anything but inevitable disappointment.

Wrayfield

I was at the Eagles stadium and people seemed pretty relaxed. Chanted "Fire Andy" after one quarter but other than that, regular people. Didn't wear a Santa costume so can't tell for sure. :)

Wrayfield

Haha, I have had similar thoughts many a time, my friend. Can't count on this team for anything but inevitable disappointment.

We should have a self-help group. Cry a little together, then have a beer to forget show shitty the last 20 years or so have been.

:jnc

tumblr_inline_mmaz1bALfM1qz4rgp.gif

Brady is very inconsistent in Miami, doesn't have Gronk, and has a shit defense now. You guys should be okay. Just triple cover Vereen.

Brady's inconsistency is no more. He had a stretch of like 3 or 4 games a while back where he didn't throw for 400 yards (and lost one when Ronnie went all Wildacat on them <3).

Also, do you have a gif of her doing the belly dance in Silver Lininig? Most memorable moment of that film.

Milchjon

Honest hard-working Philadelphians just hated Santa for being a corporation-fueled symbol of consumerism.

It was an act of popular rebellion.

Brady is very inconsistent in Miami, doesn't have Gronk, and has a shit defense now. You guys should be okay. Just triple cover Vereen.
The thing is it doesn't matter who is out there for NE. As long as Brady and Belichick are around they just find ways to eek out win after win, especially against divisional opponents. They could put the practice squad and Brady out there and I still wouldn't have a bit of confidence.

To be honest I think the Dolphins might have more talent on the active roster at the moment, but I don't think it'll matter. The second half of the Pats game from earlier this season totally broke my spirit, man.

Dragon

Banned
Brady's inconsistency is no more. He had a stretch of like 3 or 4 games a while back where he didn't throw for 400 yards (and lost one when Ronnie went all Wildacat on them <3).

Also, do you have a gif of her doing the belly dance in Silver Lininig? Most memorable moment of that film.

tumblr_inline_mmb5ibRTWy1qz4rgp.gif

jlaw.gif.pagespeed.ce.uJYBRcgLAr.gif

The thing is it doesn't matter who is out there for NE. As long as Brady and Belichick are around they just find ways to eek out win after win, especially against divisional opponents. They could put the practice squad and Brady out there and I still wouldn't have a bit of confidence.

To be honest I think the Dolphins might have more talent on the active roster at the moment, but I don't think it'll matter. The second half of the Pats game from earlier this season totally broke my spirit, man.

They definitely do, especially on defense. It's going to be interesting to see how Belichick attacks the defense with the roster he has. There's going to be no space for Edelman/Amendola for those curls and outs when no one is stretching the field. Dobson ain't playing this week again and Thompkins even though he's fast, doesn't seem to go deep as much.

jmdajr

Well pooo. Woodhead and Decker didn't do a whole lot for me.

Anyhow, excited about Texans 3 wins win streak starting this weekend.

Wade told me they are gonna play loose and have fun!

Tom Penny

It will be ridiculous if the Pats win out. They literally have one mismatch on offense which is Shane Vereen. Realistically defenses should have no problems stopping them considering they will never have to drop safties back.

Bread

Banned
We should have a self-help group. Cry a little together, then have a beer to forget show shitty the last 20 years or so have been.

Cassel started that game.

Top Bottom