• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 3 |OT| - We're Up All Night To Get Gronky

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnPoint

Close game.

Well it didn't feel that way.

But this is still a more exciting Bills team than I expected.

Loss still feel bad though.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Cheatin Harbs would imply that he helped beat the charge like Cheatin Pete did with Sherman, which clearly isn't the case. The niners are slightly tardy with this honorable move, which is still a substantial improvement over Pete's pharmacy he runs up there.
lol

Godslay

Banned
Cheatin Harbs would imply that he helped beat the charge like Cheatin Pete did with Sherman, which clearly isn't the case. The niners are slightly tardy with this honorable move, which is still a substantial improvement over Pete's pharmacy he runs up there.

Sounds like the pharmacy was in Aldon's car.

Trey

Unfortunately youre going to blame coaching a lot because the screen and run game aren't part of this groups repertoire.

I don't think they've figured out how to pair a no huddle attack with an effective ground game, it's just a complete mess. Say what you want about Gailey, but his gun run game was second to none in this league, so was his screen game.

Spiller owners I warned you!

Yep. Gailey knew the shortcomings of his players last year, which had the same issue as this year's group does. He could game plan around it - knew how to get the most options out of any set which gave the offense an advantage as the defense had to account for all possibilities. This Bills offense is far too one dimensional, which I guess is because Manuel is a rookie.

Problem is that he's not athletic enough to run the read option with the same efficacy Wilson and Kaep enjoy, which means he has to do it with his arm.

Close game.

I knew we would suck this year, with a thimble-full of hope for a wild card berth, but at least we have a few emerging plotlines to follow on this team. Not quite doom and gloom yet.

LJ11

Close game.

You think so? Give Gailey these same players with Pettine at DC and I bet he has a better record.

Pathetic, team should be 0-3.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jets won a game where they had 20 penalties. Thats actually pretty awesome.

Powell looked great. The 10 guys on defense were amazing. Geno was up and down but at least its better than just the down we've had before.

jWILL253

Banned
Points For:
New Orleans: 70
Carolina: 68

Points Against:
New Orleans: 38
Carolina: 36

New Orleans: 3-0
Carolina: 1-2

50b2e0b67c7b8.image.jpg

Those late game, short yardage situations are what separates Payton from Rivera...

Get Gilmore and Byrd back and this D will be more than capable.

Marrone's gotta look at Hackett's schemes......too conservative thus far. At some point they're going to need to open things up more.

Jets let Geno throw today, yeah he threw two picks but he also had several nice downfield completions.

I know EJ is nowhere near Russell Wilson.....but I remember Seattle taking the reigns off midseason and boom that o exploded.

It's only 3 games in but the Bills need to start seeing what they have in EJ.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
They've broken into my football coverage to let me know that the heavens are about to let loose and I should start building an ark.

Trey

Get Gilmore and Byrd back and this D will be more than capable.

Marrone's gotta look at Hackett's schemes......too conservative thus far. At some point they're going to need to open things up more.

Jets let Geno throw today, yeah he threw two picks but he also had several nice downfield completions.

I know EJ is nowhere near Russell Wilson.....but I remember Seattle taking the reigns off midseason and boom that o exploded.

It's only 3 games in but the Bills need to start seeing what they have in EJ.

Manuel was taking shots down the field. They were just woefully inaccurate. 3-4 yards out of bounds every single time, and nothing attempted over the middle.

squicken

Really, though. Aldon doesn't need rehab. The 49ers are just trying to manage his suspension by taking it when the next games are STL, HOU, AZ, TEN, JAX. Tell Roger he's all cured and deserves credit for time served

Nori Chan

why does nfl put the steelers on primetime

they are quite possibly the most boring team in the league. I would rather watch the Browns, yes the browns play.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
http://fansided.com/2013/09/22/colts-francois-knows-beat-former-team-49ers-kaepernick/
4:42pm said:
Colts’ Francois knows how to beat former team, 49ers’ Kaepernick

Indianapolis Colts’ defensive lineman Ricky Jean Francois returns to San Francisco this week to play against his old team and former teammate — quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

Francois knows firsthand the capabilities of Kaepernick, and offered his unique insight into how to contain him.

“Just make sure he’s not comfortable, ”Francois said to Mike Wells at ESPN.com. “Make sure you get him off his point. If you let him stay on his point, as you can see with the Green Bay game, he can get to rolling. Then if you let him add his legs, you know he’s got the most ridiculous stride, almost like he’s Usain Bolt running.”

Francois and the entire Colts’ defense will try to do what the Seattle Seahawks were able to do against the 49ers offense in week two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom