• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

What we learned in Week 3:

Shit's crazy, dude lost his finger, Ravens still don't snitch, Schefter's not as good at taking balls to the face as we assumed, AFC > NFC, The Greatest Offense In The History of History's life span turned out to be 2 quarters, we've stopped caring about The Road to 1800, Regular Season Peyton is snapping necks and taking names, nobody really reads the OT more than once so get over it, here's a picture of a football.

YnVCbKS.gif

Week 4 Schedule
THU, SEP 26
49ers @ Rams

SUN, SEP 29
Ravens @ Bills
Cardinals @ Buccaneers
Steelers @ Vikings
Giants @ Chiefs
Colts @ Jaguars
Seahawks @ Texans
Bengals @ Browns
Bears @ Lions
Jets @ Titans
Redskins @ Raiders
Eagles @ Broncos
Cowboys @ Chargers
Patriots @ Falcons

MON, SEP 30
Dolphins @ Saints

Looking forward to the Dolphins/Saints game, should be a fun one.

hartlinedanceondyn.gif

Also, Cam Wake has a mild MCL sprain in his left knee and could miss two to three weeks. That means the Dolphins d-line will be without its best run stopper (Paul Soliai) and best pass rusher. Time for the rookie Dion Jordan to get in there and make an impact.

Go Dolphins!

Milchjon

I WAS PROMISED BRADY PICS!!!!!!

I hope Dutch didn't invest too much time, otherwise this would be a bit of a dick move.

I WAS PROMISED BRADY PICS!!!!!!

I hope Dutch didn't invest too much time, otherwise this would be a bit of a dick move.

If Dutch had something put together I will happily make it the OT. It was 9 am on Tuesday and there was no new thread. SOMETHING HAD TO GIVE!

jakncoke

Banned
Is this your first thread ever on gaf?

Last week was Dutch like 5th ever

I think its safe to assume sports age dont make many threads :p

lol at the thread title

Spades

Also, Cam Wake has a mild MCL sprain in his left knee and could miss two to three weeks. That means the Dolphins d-line will be without its best run stopper (Paul Soliai) and best pass rusher. Time for the rookie Dion Jordan to get in there and make an impact.

Brian Hartline asked about Cameron Wake on NFL AM: "I'd be surprised if he didn't play."

gutshot

What we learned in Week 3:

Shit's crazy, dude lost his finger, Ravens still don't snitch, Schefter's not as good at taking balls to the face as we assumed, AFC > NFC, The Greatest Offense In The History of History's life span turned out to be 2 quarters, we've stopped caring about The Road to 1800, Regular Season Peyton is snapping necks and taking names, nobody really reads the OT more than once so get over it, here's a picture of a football.

I know this is the national narrative on Chip Kelly now, but his offense is averaging 7.0 yards a play (including a goddamn ridiculous 6.6 yds per run). Last offense to average at least 7 yds/play was the 2000 Rams. The problem is the turnovers and the fact that the defense sucks.

eznark

Banned
I know this is the national narrative on Chip Kelly now, but his offense is averaging 7.0 yards a play (including a goddamn ridiculous 6.6 yds per run). Last offense to average at least 7 yds/play was the 2000 Rams. The problem is the turnovers and the fact that the defense sucks.
And his offense maximizes the time on the field for that awful d. Brilliant.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Maybe I'll take a shot at a thread one week.

I can fill it with optimism and shame at the same time.

You know Omar - glass half empty.
I'm trying to take a Philbin-like approach to the Dolphins this season --- steady, even temperament and whatever happens happens. I feel it will benefit things like my blood pressure and risk of heart attack in the long run if I can master this philosophy.

Of course, all this will be out the window after one loss.

Spades

I'm trying to take a Philbin-like approach to the Dolphins this season --- steady, even temperament and whatever happens happens. I feel it will benefit things like my blood pressure and risk of heart attack in the long run if I can master this philosophy.

Of course, all this will be out the window after one loss.

I just can't do that. I bounce off the walls after every play. When we're playing bad, it feels to me like we're playing the worst an NFL team has ever played and everything is because of our mistakes (rather than the opposition being better or winning a matchup). When we're making plays, in my head it's because we are just brilliant.

Sunday was crazy. Ready my Twitter feed timeline. I was pissed off for the entire game until the final drive! I was literally exhausted when the game was over.

jakncoke

Banned
Apparently Le'veon Bell will be playing against the Vikes, hope his pass blocking is good because Jared Allen going to be in the backfield a lot

I just can't do that. I bounce off the walls after every play. When we're playing bad, it feels to me like we're playing the worst an NFL team has ever played and everything is because of our mistakes (rather than the opposition being better or winning a matchup). When we're making plays, in my head it's because we are just brilliant.

Sunday was crazy. Ready my Twitter feed timeline. I was pissed off for the entire game until the final drive! I was literally exhausted when the game was over.
Haha, awesome.

I used to be a lot more like that but I think I've gotten better over the past few years. I try to approach it with the mindset that I am just an observer and there is literally nothing I can do to influence what happens on the field. I try to watch the game and if someone on the other team makes a great play just say, "wow, that was a really nice play."

It's easier said than done, of course, and boneheaded mistakes are still frustrating, but it makes watching games more fun (which is the point, right?) if you can keep calm. That's not to say my heart isn't beating out of my chest during the first kickoff or final few minutes of a tight game, though. But hey, progress!

gutshot

And his offense maximizes the time on the field for that awful d. Brilliant.

Eh, if your problem is that your offense is so good that it scores points quickly and easily so that your defense is back out on the field, well that's probably a good problem to have. It just means this team will be scary good if/when they get a league average defense.

squicken

I approve of the half assed nature of this OP. Dutch can do Week 4 and then Kave can do Week 5. You ladies just need to coordinate

We need Buckethead to do the weekly posts.

You can't 'demand' shit like this. Bucket has given us great OPs, but those take a lot of time, can't blame the guy for not wanting/being able to do that every week. And expecting every OP to be of the quality he delivers isn't totally realistic.

If you want a great OP and don't like the ones you're getting now, do it yourself.

jakncoke

Banned
This is the week that the Giants turn it around. The march to 13-3 starts Sunday!

Jesse-Pinkman-Crying-Breaking-Bad.gif

Dont worry Steelers and Giants going to show the world. Fuck the stats that only 5 teams since 1990 made the postseason starting off 0-3. We going to the Super Bowl!

I approve of the half assed nature of this OP. Dutch can do Week 4 and then Kave can do Week 5. You ladies just need to coordinate

Like the young gun QBs of the NFL are doing, the new jacks of NFL-GAF need to rise up and take the torch of the older generation. I'M LIKE THE WHITE TYROD TAYLOR BIIIIIIITCH!

Week 4 Schedule
THU, SEP 26
49ers @ Rams

SUN, SEP 29
Ravens @ Bills
Cardinals @ Buccaneers
Steelers @ Vikings
Giants @ Chiefs
Colts @ Jaguars
Seahawks @ Texans
Bengals @ Browns
Bears @ Lions
Jets @ Titans
Redskins @ Raiders
Eagles @ Broncos
Cowboys @ Chargers
Patriots @ Falcons- Fuck this Shit

MON, SEP 30
Dolphins @ Saints

This GIF pretty much sums up the Panthers-Giants game in a nutshell.
ELISACK_medium.gif

This is as simple a four man pressure as you can get. The C and RG double on RT Colin Cole, the back stays in to "chip" on LE Greg Hardy, one to one matchups for Charles Johnson on the other side and Star Lotululei on the inside. The Giants line completely caves as both ends get to Eli at the same time for the sack. It doesn't help that Eli moves like a sycamore tree in the pocket. If you remember, the line also got a lot of pressure on Russell Wilson in the first game. The difference is Wussy can feel the pressure, react, and keep plays alive with his feet.

Wilson-Miracle.gif

Greg

This is as simple a four man pressure as you can get. The C and RG double on RT Colin Cole, the back stays in to "chip" on LE Greg Hardy, one to one matchups for Charles Johnson on the other side and Star Lotululei on the inside. The Giants line completely caves as both ends get to Eli at the same time for the sack. It doesn't help that Eli moves like a sycamore tree in the pocket. If you remember, the line also got a lot of pressure on Russell Wilson in the first game. The difference is Wussy can feel the pressure, react, and keep plays alive with his feet.
:jnc

I love you people this morning

Nate Burleson was involved in a car accident this morning and broke his arm in two places. Alcohol was not a factor.

Dave Birkett @davebirkett

Nate Burleson broke his arm in 2 places in an early morning car accident. Will undergo surgery. Obviously a huge loss for the #Lions

Top Bottom