• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 4 IOTI - For a good time call Sweet Pea

JABEE

This reminds me of Lucroy breaking his hand when a suitcase fell on it. It's a totally plausible and normal thing, but since we pretend athletes are super heroes I doubt anyone will believe it.
Like Giroux shattering his golf club.

effzee

I know this is the national narrative on Chip Kelly now, but his offense is averaging 7.0 yards a play (including a goddamn ridiculous 6.6 yds per run). Last offense to average at least 7 yds/play was the 2000 Rams. The problem is the turnovers and the fact that the defense sucks.

Not only that they scored 33 game 1 and 30 game 2. And even though they lost game 2, it was an exceptional game by the offense even with the missed opportunities. But since it wasn't as noticeable or on MNF, apparently the offense was only good for 1 half.

Next to the Broncos I think they lead pretty much every stat on offense.

And speakin of the Broncos, this is why winning a game or both against the Chargers or Chiefs was so important. The Broncos will be even more prolific against the Eagles D then they have been against their first 3 opponents.

Eagles will be 1-3 and all we can hope for is that the Chiefs beat the Giants, Chargers beat the Cowboys, and Redskins lose to the Raiders.

squicken

Interesting hypothetical trade proposed on this week's BS Report: Texans trade Schaub and a 1st to the Steelers for Roethlisberger. Who says no? Probably both teams, but seems like it would be a win-win.

Don't think the Texans owner would ever have Ben on his team. I'm not a fan of how patient and non-demanding he is, but I don't fault him for some of his character stances. Violence against women is really something you don't want to make your fans have to hold their nose over

Zozz

Banned
Seriously after losing to the Browns last week, I have no faith in the Vikings.

I just don't know what this team can do to turn things around, I've lost hope.

this_guy

You can't 'demand' shit like this. Bucket has given us great OPs, but those take a lot of time, can't blame the guy for not wanting/being able to do that every week. And expecting every OP to be of the quality he delivers isn't totally realistic.

If you want a great OP and don't like the ones you're getting now, do it yourself.

Calm the fuck down - where did I demand anything? You cant post shit like this if you cant read. If anything it's a compliment to how good his posts were.

Fins update:
Reaction to the line's shoddy performance against the run without Soliai perhaps? They also brought in six CB's for workouts yesterday. They might be off to a good start but this team is severely lacking in depth (and ironically the d-line is the team's deepest unit).

Also, Future, I just watched the first half of the Giants game. My goodness that had to be tough to watch as a Giants fan. What's the story with the o-line this year?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
huzzah new thread!

I had a dream last night the Texans won the game vs the Seahawks, the wierd thing being that they played the game at 10am est and I missed it :(

I'm also going to get familiar with past Seahawks history and watch the short yearbook films from here, figure I'll just start back at 2000 and watch up to last years.
Team started under ownership of the Nordstrom family in 1976 in the NFC, switched to AFC a year later, Paul Allen's ownership began in 1997, Holmgren was hired in 1999, the uniforms changed in 2002 with the opening of the new stadium, the team also returned to the NFC in 2002, Jim Mora was brought in for 2009, then we wiped the slate clean and brought in Carroll and Schneider in 2010, and then the uniforms changed again in 2012. Oh yeah, 1983 is also of note.

Godslay

Banned
Garbage thread. Just no effort after Ray left. I'd say that hooker had the right idea to knock some sense into these purple clowns.

No one stops this train, GO BRONCOS!

Good enough Bolt, you were always nice.

Also, Future, I just watched the first half of the Giants game. My goodness that had to be tough to watch as a Giants fan. What's the story with the o-line this year?
They stayed on the bus in North Carolina.

Interior of the line was always going to be a problem. The tackles up until that game had played fairly well. Beatty had the worst game of his career but I'm going to consider that an aberration. He's had great games against good competition before and it's an overreaction to ignore all of the good for one bad game. At RT we have a rookie learning on the job and Pugh was going one on one with Ware during the Cowboys game and holding his own. Again, it's a bad game for a young player.

I think the tackles will be fine. The interior of the offensive line has been consistently ignored and well here we are. Baas is average on his best day and woefully overpaid. Watching Chris Snee today is depressing considering how dominant he once was. Age has simply caught up to him. Again, woefully overpaid. Boothe played really well for us during the Super Bowl year and even last year was effective but he's another guy who's average at best and needs better players around him to hide his deficiencies.

In the past, we could get away with a bit of a patchwork line because Eli (despite Grover's comment) IS actually one of the best QB's in the game at sensing pressure and moving in the pocket. Comparisons to Russell Wilson are laughable at best. Eli isn't ever going to be a runner. Unfortunately we're not even "patchwork" right now. We're just plain bad. Justin Houston and Tamba Hali (such an awesome name!) could have a career day against us if the same offensive line shows up against the Chiefs.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Week 4 Schedule
THU, SEP 26
49ers @ Rams - 1-3!

SUN, SEP 29
Ravens @ Bills
Cardinals @ Buccaneers
Steelers @ Vikings
Giants @ Chiefs
Colts @ Jaguars
Seahawks @ Texans
Bengals @ Browns
Bears @ Lions
Jets @ Titans
Redskins @ Raiders
Eagles @ Broncos
Cowboys @ Chargers
Patriots @ Falcons

MON, SEP 30
Dolphins @ Saints

kingslunk

Garbage thread. Just no effort after Ray left. I'd say that hooker had the right idea to knock some sense into these purple clowns.

No one stops this train, GO BRONCOS!

Good enough Bolt, you were always nice.

CartmansMomisaDirtySlut11.gif

Go broncos!

They stayed on the bus in North Carolina.

Interior of the line was always going to be a problem. The tackles up until that game had played fairly well. Beatty had the worst game of his career but I'm going to consider that an aberration. He's had great games against good competition before and it's an overreaction to ignore all of the good for one bad game. At RT we have a rookie learning on the job and Pugh was going one on one with Ware during the Cowboys game and holding his own. Again, it's a bad game for a young player.

I think the tackles will be fine. The interior of the offensive line has been consistently ignored and well here we are. Baas is average on his best day and he woefully overpaid. Watching Chris Snee today is depressing considering how dominant he once was. Age has simply caught up to him. Again, woefully overpaid. Boothe played really well for us during the Super Bowl year and even last year was effective but he's another guy who's average at best and needs better players around him to hide his deficiencies.

In the past, we could get away with a bit of a patchwork line because Eli (despite Grover's comment) IS actually one of the best QB's in the game at sensing pressure and moving in the pocket. Comparisons to Russell Wilson are laughable at best. Eli isn't ever going to be a runner. Unfortunately we're not even "patchwork" right now. We're just plain bad. Justin Houston and Tamba Hali (such an awesome name!) could have a career day against us.
Interesting, thanks for the thoughts.

It sounds like their underwhelming performance has been somewhat of a surprise. Just from watching that game you get the impression that two or three of the starters are out with injuries and they are playing with a bunch of backups or something. At least you know that they are capable of better so hopefully they get their act together, at least until they can address the issues head-on in the offseason (assuming they do).

Fox318

Dennis Waszak Jr.@DWAZ73

Rex walks in and sees the SNY camera and that's it for his presser. Smiles and says: "1 camera when we win, 15 when we lose." #Jets

Ain't it fucking true rex

Just from watching that game you get the impression that two or three of the starters are out with injuries and they are playing with a bunch of backups or something. At least you know that they are capable of better so hopefully they get their act together, at least until they can address the issues head-on in the offseason (assuming they do).
Well both Snee and Baas have been in for X-Rays and are apparently injured but that doesn't excuse the performance of the tackles. I expected the middle to suck regardless of their health but watching the tackles get completely demolished was a bit of a surprise, yes.

It is what it is. I think Chuck said it best in the previous thread - how much of a window do you expect, ya know? Since 2000 we've been to three Super Bowls and won 2. I mean, you expect that eventually the roster will need significant overhaul. The alarming part for me really is that unlike the Steelers which are a bad team right now - is that we aren't even competitive. That doesn't even apply to just this year. Look at the end of last season and the drubbings we took from the Falcons/Ravens, etc. Right now this isn't a decline, we're seriously one of, if not the worst team in the NFL (only Jacksonville has a worse point differential!).

Vio-Lence

Banned
Calvin is going to style all over the Bears.

people would be wise to start any number 1 receiver starting against the bears this year. defense stinks. no pass rush, safeties are suspect, Tillman is injured, Jennings can get beat deep, but turnovers.

midway Jay and the offense are going to have to be more productive on Sunday, if the Bears want to win.

cajunator

Banned
THU, SEP 26
49ers @ Rams

SUN, SEP 29
Ravens @ Bills
Cardinals @ Buccaneers
Steelers @ Vikings
Giants @ Chiefs
Colts @ Jaguars
Seahawks @ Texans
Bengals @ Browns
Bears @ Lions
Jets @ Titans
Redskins @ Raiders
Eagles @ Broncos
Cowboys @ Chargers
Patriots @ Falcons

MON, SEP 30
Dolphins @ Saints

Guys...I just want Gruden back. I just want my coach back. :(

I know that feeling. Felt that all last year :(

BigAT

Interesting, thanks for the thoughts.

It sounds like their underwhelming performance has been somewhat of a surprise. Just from watching that game you get the impression that two or three of the starters are out with injuries and they are playing with a bunch of backups or something. At least you know that they are capable of better so hopefully they get their act together, at least until they can address the issues head-on in the offseason (assuming they do).

There was talk after the game about Baas (C) and Snee (RG) being injured and getting examined. At this point in their careers though, both of these guys are constantly banged up in one way or another and it gets to the point where you can't excuse it for their performance any longer.

Vyroxis

Banned
When is the last time we have had this many teams playing like absolute crap right out of the gate? Normally it takes a few weeks of injuries before more than one or two teams sink but this year... oofta.

There was talk after the game about Baas (C) and Snee (RG) being injured and getting examined. At this point in their careers though, both of these guys are constantly banged up in one way or another and it gets to the point where you can't excuse it for their performance any longer.
Yep.

I'll keep tuning in though and enduring the punishment.:D I sat through the Ray Handley's of the world and Eli taking over the reigns from Warner (that Ravens game!). I can sit through a bad Coughlin year.

Week 4 Schedule
THU, SEP 26
49ers @ Rams

SUN, SEP 29
Ravens @ Bills
Cardinals @ Buccaneers
Steelers @ Vikings
Giants @ Chiefs
Colts @ Jaguars
Seahawks @ Texans
Bengals @ Browns
Bears @ Lions
Jets @ Titans
Redskins @ Raiders
Eagles @ Broncos
Cowboys @ Chargers
Patriots @ Falcons

MON, SEP 30
Dolphins @ Saints

At least Le'Veon Bell is back this week...

On a scale of Redman to Peterson, what is he going to do behind that line?

Top Bottom