• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a bittersweet day of football for me. I'm glad the bengals won but Tom Brady is my favorite QB and I wanted his streak to continue

First off, :jnc @ you.

Second, I wanted him to continue too. Mostly just to hear how that doucher Brees would try to convince people he didn't care about the record after having a 2 hour on field ceremony when he broke it.

Cousteau

This is the worst I've seen as far as the number of below average to god awful teams goes.

Truly a nightmarish season for a bunch of folks.

That's a lie that all New England fans keep telling themselves.

Tom Brady is just out of sync with his entire offense.
For as much as people have been citing the drops of the receivers, a lot of his throws have just been plain bad.
And it's not as if his receivers are having problems getting open, this is some of the best separation I've seen NE wideouts get in a while.
Not only that, he has completely missed open receivers numerous times in all 4 games.

The playcalling is also questionable.

The return of Gronk still means that Brady has to be able to hit open receivers, which he honestly does not seem to be able to.

Thats true. Maybe its just them not having much experience with each other. If they keep playing like that late in the season then we know things are just bad.

exarkun

God, watching this game makes me sick since all I can think of is:

A. Luck is already better than schaub
B. Texans should have won that game

eznark

Banned
Really fun game in Indy. Great for football to have two young guys like that dueling it out. Personally I was worried about the quality of quarterbacks after the Rodgers/Brees crop but it's nice to see there are some elite guys taking the reins behind them. Imagine if all we had to look forward to were Scam chokes and Pryor ducks. Ugh.

Peyton's stat line in the first game of the season surpasses anything Eli has done this entire season so far. Eli has been an interception machine since game one.
*gasp*

Are you sure??!

*goes to check the stats page on NFL.com*

Yep. You're right man. I totally lost this round of stating the fucking obvious.

2rmMvB7.gif

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Still frustrated about fucking Sweezy costing us a huge gain by being an idiot. It games where every chance you get matters you can't do shit like that.

Caja 117

He's routinely hit open receivers the entire season and they've done nothing but drop passes. Even his go to guy Edleman dropped four or five passes today, including a red zone drop. Brady hasn't been perfect, but his receiving core is at the top of the NFL in terms of drops.
Yup and anyone that watched the Pats knows that Pats are second in the league in drop passes at the beggining of the game....after this game, wont be surprised if they are in first place.

What an absolutely disgusting performance by the offense.

-Brady looked terrible, like he didn't care, walking into the huddle with his head down, shoulders down like he knew he was doomed. Terrible showing.
-Amendola was about the opposite of himself during the Bills game, dropping important passes and not getting the TD at the 1 inch line.
-Edelman couldn't do jack shit today.
-Thompkins needs 2 tries to catch a ball and that cost him today as well.

Add to that that you don't have any TEs, the RBs you have left can't catch either and your passing game looks like what it did today. Then you have an O-line that looked bad, with weird blocking schemes at times and bad execution overall, which didn't help either against a good Bengals D.

Defense outplayed the O by the biggest margin I've seen in years. Great game by all of them, stopping the Bengals at crucial times and forcing turnovers when needed most, holding them to only 13 points. Defense did everything in their power to give the offense the opportunity to win it, but they ducking blew it.

Even with the Bengals trying to give the game away with the late fumble and the penalties on the last drive, we still didn't manage to pull it off . Saints are going to absolutly wreck us next week.

Congrats Coldplay and whatever Bengals fan is out there.

LordCanti

That last second missed Titan FG, bwahahahahaha.

My Chiefs are 5-0 in a year where Peyton is unstoppable. It's wildcard or bust baby.

why does the NFL do this? there are only 2 games this afternoon. i realize there should be 3 (raiders/chargers) but even 3 isn't much. why don't they split the games up more evenly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom