• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I have a lot of friends that are Seahawks fans and all they do every Sunday is whine about the refs on twitter. Search: Seahawks refs on twitter and you will see what I mean. Such crybaby fans.

So someone explain it to me because I'm confused.

How did the Packers win?

I mean I heard all about the dominant Lions' offense all week long. Was it because Calvin Johnson is a freak athlete that doubles as a PI machine in this modern, pussy ass, defense-less NFL?
Were the Lions just playing trash teams all along?

Some one please explain.

I'm really scared right now. I think the Packers might have called in a mob hit or something.

That's the only reasonable explanation.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm going to play some video games while watching the Pirates. These afternoon games suck.

But I'm going to stay up late for some owl time shame ball!

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure about the matchup part, but any game they play is automatically one of the best games of the week if for no other reason than watching Peyton destroy another defense.

It's true. Peyton=ratings. Who doesn't enjoy watching him play? I mean, unless your team is playing against Denver.

I have a lot of friends that are Seahawks fans and all they do every Sunday is whine about the refs on twitter. Search: Seahawks refs on twitter and you will see what I mean. Such crybaby fans.

the funniest thing about seachickens fans complaining about officiating is how much they get away with on a weekly basis themselves

exarkun

lol buckethead with the swagger after beating the bipolar lions.

You guys prolly enjoyed the benefits of Schwartz being a dumbass, like we did on thanksgiving

cdyhybrid

VQgbM8T.png

Clowney future!

why does the NFL do this? there are only 2 games this afternoon. i realize there should be 3 (raiders/chargers) but even 3 isn't much. why don't they split the games up more evenly?

Because west coast teams that play at east coast teams games must start at 10:00am but east coast at east coast teams can play at either 10:00am or 1:00pm.

Another week of the Chiefs offense doing the bare minimum to win. Just terrible.

Impressed with the job the Titans did against Hali & Houston.

Kicking a field goal with 2 seconds on the clock was hilarious.

How did the Packers win?

The Lions two receivers were Kris Durham and Ryan Broyles. Burleson broke his arm driving and Megatron got kicked by Starscream in some gif pages ago. So no passing game. From there, the Lions did what they could to stop Cobb and Nelson, so Jones beat them.

Patriots7

He's routinely hit open receivers the entire season and they've done nothing but drop passes. Even his go to guy Edleman dropped four or five passes today, including a red zone drop. Brady hasn't been perfect, but his receiving core is at the top of the NFL in terms of drops.
Some of Edelman's drops kept them in the game. He would have still been in play and time would have kept running on the last drive for 2 of them.

I'm not saying that the receivers are dropping the balls. They are. (Although, wasn't some of the fodder when Welker left that he lead the league in dropped balls? Doesn't seem to be doing the same in Denver...)

I'm saying that blaming the drops on the receivers does not highlight the fact that Tom Brady has just been off.
His reads have at times just been poor. Hell, Dobson WAS WIDE OPEN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD on the last drive.
His accuracy has been questionable (for as many dropped balls, there have been some unnecessarily hard catches these guys have had to make due to Brady's passes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom