• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

filler

Banned
I gotta be up in 3 hours, I don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

RAIDERS BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need to play better at KC next week to get the win. Hopefully we get Wiz and Pashos back, maybe even Watson at LT and move Barnes to LG. Nix was fucking atrocious tonight.

remnant

Banned
Preventing long passes that are usually done by team trailing late in the game, 4 secondary usually cover deep in the field.

Done correctly it prevents the deep pass but allows everything underneath, which in a situation where time is the defenses' friend they accept.
I guess that makes sense. Still looks dumb as hell

This is legit the first time in years I've seen a team do it without giving up some points. Whether 3 or 6

HPhins54

Neo Member
Just watch the Dolphins/Ravens game.

Holy fucking fuck. I've never seen a worse offensive line in my fucking life. Marc Colombo was better than the shit we have. Hell, put me in at RT. I'll play just as well and take half of what Clabo's garbage ass is making.

Also, the two PI calls on the same drive felt pretty ticky tack to me. Especially the first one. Although, that drive probably wouldn't have made much of a difference on the game since our O-line sucks so much.

Caja 117

I guess that makes sense. Still looks dumb as hell

This is legit the first time in years I've seen a team do it without giving up some points. Whether 3 or 6

I think Teams use it more when is a 2 or more possesion games, not sure if its actually used in one possesion games, unless is like 5 second remaining and a Hail Mary is coming.

Not Relly sure.

remnant

Banned
Raiders need to get the O-line healthy, continue to develop Pryor, and get him some weapons in the offseason (bye McFadden)

You don't think they will keep Mcfadden? He has made a lot of noise about staying a raider past this year and I think he knows he has a damaged rep all over the league as injury prone. He will probably take a low ball offer from the raiders just to stay out of free agency and really struggle.

You don't think they will keep Mcfadden? He has made a lot of noise about staying a raider past this year and I think he knows he has a damaged rep all over the league as injury prone. He will probably take a low ball offer from the raiders just to stay out of free agency and really struggle.

The Raiders offered him a contract extension, but he turned it down figuring if he performs this year he'll make more money, but he has said he wants to remain a Raider.

remnant

Banned
The Raiders offered him a contract extension, but he turned it down figuring if he performs this year he'll make more money, but he has said he wants to remain a Raider.

They already offered? Well he has to sign or get off the pot now. His season is already close to done, and at this point Marcel Reece is more popular than McFadden in oakland right now

Not really sure Rashad is the guy. He doesn't seem to compliment Pryor as well as Reece or McFadden does. If they can pick up another power runner that can catch in the draft,they would have a lethal backfield

Nope, he simply can't stay healthy and can't be relied on. I'll take a guy who averages 2.5 yards a carry (60 yards a game rushing), but plays 15-16 games a year over McFadden and his constant injury crap. I think his days as a Raider are numbered

The Raiders have NOT offered McFadden a contract:

McFadden says the Raiders have not reached out about an extension as of yet, so for now McFadden is playing for his next contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/27/darren-mcfadden-says-he-wants-to-stay-with-raiders/

They already offered? Well he has to sign or get off the pot now. His season is already close to done, and at this point Marcel Reece is more popular than McFadden in oakland right now

Not really sure Rashad is the guy. He doesn't seem to compliment Pryor as well as Reece or McFadden does. If they can pick up another power runner that can catch in the draft,they would have a lethal backfield

Reece is locked up. I think Houston is in the process, then there's a few others that need to get locked up. The Majority of the team is on a 1-year contract, so we'll see who stays and who goes.

We have quite a bit of surplus money this coming year so we'll see what McKenzie does.

Rorschach

He's an amazing athlete, but he's constantly hurt and he plays scared after injuries. He was just starting to get that toughness back and finishing runs and then he gets sidelined. :(

Reece is locked up. I think Houston is in the process, then there's a few others that need to get locked up. The Majority of the team is on a 1-year contract, so we'll see who stays and who goes.

We have quite a bit of surplus money this coming year so we'll see what McKenzie does.

Houston and Veldheer are the guys we need to focus on getting signed. After that, we can see how these guys on one year deals continue to play as the season continues.

The Raiders will have around 60 million in cap room next year

remnant

Banned
Houston and Veldheer are the guys we need to focus on getting signed. After that, we can see how these guys on one year deals continue to play as the season continues.

The Raiders will have around 60 million in cap room next year

Really excited about cap space. I don't think we have had that much room in a while. Also I'm surprised at how many guys on 1-year deals I would like to see stick around. When i heard that was what they were doing, it sounded kind of gimmicky, but guys like Roach and Porter seem to be stepping up their game.

Is the Texans Cycle re-activated?
I wonder if Matt Schaub has opened himself up to QB competition at the end of this season

Really excited about cap space. I don't think we have had that much room in a while. Also I'm surprised at how many guys on 1-year deals I would like to see stick around. When i heard that was what they were doing, it sounded kind of gimmicky, but guys like Roach and Porter seem to be stepping up their game.

Roach is one of the few players signed to a multi-year contract. The idea is a pretty good one as far as money goes. Plus McKenzie isn't really going to go all Al-Davis with that money and offer bloated contracts next year. So this is a pretty solid rebuilding strategy.

DMczaf

I don't know what to make of this post.

My Broncos, Bengals, Raiders, Saints, Niners, Packers, Colts, Ravens, Eagles, Chiefs, Cardinals, and Rams won today though. That makes up for my Cowboys, Patriots, Chargers, Bears, Lions, Seahawks, Dolphins, Giants, Titans, Jaguars, Panthers, and Texans losing.

LOL no.

Patriots lost to Bengals, Dolphins lost to Ravens and Seahawks lost to Colts, all games that fucked over the Browns.

Raiders, it's just nice to see another underdog win. :p

Greg

I missed a whole day of posts, but I can't wait to go back and look at reactions to the Romo pick and Schaub in general

The better we are, the worst their 1st round draft slot is.

So stop winning so much, dammit. lol.

How you guys liking Richardson? Sure, it's only a few games in to his tenure with you guys, but he's still averaging like 3 yards a carry. He has skills, but he has a ways to go.

Spinluck

So stop winning so much, dammit. lol.

How you guys liking Richardson? Sure, it's only a few games in to his tenure with you guys, but he's still averaging like 3 yards a carry. He has skills, but he has a ways to go.

Based off the way he's playing, I'd say he's still learning the offense. He's doing his job when it comes to short yardage and such. He seems a little slow coming out the backfield at times. Not sure why that is. I'm trying hard not to have a premature reaction to his performance just yet... Since this was a long-term move, but I must say I feel you guys got the better end of the deal.

Based off the way he's playing, I'd say he's still learning the offense. He's doing his job when it comes to short yardage and such. He seems a little slow coming out the backfield at times. Not sure why that is. I'm trying hard not to have a premature reaction to his performance just yet... Since this was a long-term move, but I must say I feel you guys got the better end of the deal.

This is what we've been trying to figure out, man. He has no burst, like, at all.

He has excellent hands, and is very intelligent, that's why I put him above goal line backs like Brandon Jacobs or the like.

I liked him, but there's just something missing there. As you said, it's a long-term move, so time will decide. I actually want him to do well, just ya know, not "too well" so the Browns like real bad in the deal. You guys got your franchise quarterback, hopefully we can get ours now.

Milchjon

Uuuuuuugh. Poor Romo. That was quite the performance by him. :-(

Also, did Mech survive? Did he hurt himself or anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom