• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uuuuuuugh. Poor Romo. That was quite the performance by him. :-(

Also, did Mech survive? Did he hurt himself or anyone else?

He's wishing that trade for Josh Gordon was true right now.

Also, yes, Romo had a great game. Sucks it'll only be remembered for that INT he threw at the end.

ibeF102jjWClye.gif

Romo gonna Romo

Love this gif

Hunter S.

In Sunday's thrilling 51-48 victory over the Dallas Cowboys, Peyton Manning passed Dan Marino to move into second place on the all-time passing yards list. With 61,371 yards, Manning still has some work to do before eclipsing Brett Favre's NFL-record 71, 838 yards passing.

Peyton Manning and the Broncos have scored the most points in NFL history through the first five games of a season, 13 points more than Kurt Warner's St. Louis Rams of 2000.

Manning's 20 passing TDs are the most in NFL history through the first five games of the season, two more than Daunte Culpepper, who threw 18 for the Vikings during the first five games of 2004.

Before throwing his first INT of season in the third quarter Sunday at Dallas, Manning had 20 TDs and no INTs. Manning's 20 TDs are most TD passes to start a season without an INT in NFL history, four more than the previous record-holder, Milt Plum of the 1960 Cleveland Browns.

With Sunday's win, Manning joins Tom Brady as the only QBs in NFL history with multiple win streaks of 16+ games. Manning's other major win streak was 23 games, extending over the 2008-09 seasons. Brady has winning streaks of 21 and 18 games.

Peyton Manning threw for 414 yards during the Broncos' Week 5 victory over the Dallas Cowboys, giving him 300+ yards passing in seven consecutive games. Only Drew Brees has had a longer streak, passing for 300+ yards in nine consecutive games, during two separate stints. Brees' most recent streak was snapped in Week 5 at Chicago, when the Saints QB threw for 288 yards against the Bears.

Mind blowing stats at NFL.com .

Enjoy the good times baby woooo!

My Broncos, Bengals, Raiders, Saints, Niners, Packers, Colts, Ravens, Eagles, Chiefs, Cardinals, and Rams won today though. That makes up for my Cowboys, Patriots, Chargers, Bears, Lions, Seahawks, Dolphins, Giants, Titans, Jaguars, Panthers, and Texans losing.

Tabris alt?

Man Carson is still looking terrible, somehow we are 3-2 while the offense hasn't put together a game of football yet.
Good to see D Wash back though, 2 sacks and a pick in his comeback game can't ask for much more.

Hunter S.

Only one more week I have to use my pumped up Von avatar. Phew.

Anybody played GTA V online and had it consistently work well yet on 360?

squicken

Based off the way he's playing, I'd say he's still learning the offense. He's doing his job when it comes to short yardage and such. He seems a little slow coming out the backfield at times. Not sure why that is. I'm trying hard not to have a premature reaction to his performance just yet... Since this was a long-term move, but I must say I feel you guys got the better end of the deal.

Somehow Trent makes the Donald Brown pick look better, b/c Donald is running the ball really well

U2NUMB

Wait wtf.. I wake up and we signed Freeman? Not sure how I feel... one year deal.. lets roll with it and see what happens. Best part is that this signals the end of Ponder so very happy about that.

Matthews with a broken thumb is going to make things interesting. Mike Neal started at OLB like I expected, and he did well against the run and the pass. Looks really good at that spot. At least Perry showed up this game to replace Matthews, so if he has to start next week hopefully he can at least contribute something. D Line looked amazing all game.

Wrayfield

Wait wtf.. I wake up and we signed Freeman? Not sure how I feel... one year deal.. lets roll with it and see what happens. Best part is that this signals the end of Ponder so very happy about that.

Nothing to lose for you guys, really. You can to evaluate Freeman for a few months. It's such a shame Peterson seems destined to have a similar career to Barry Sanders. Great RB on a really mediocre team...

U2NUMB

Nothing to lose for you guys, really. You can to evaluate Freeman for a few months. It's such a shame Peterson seems destined to have a similar career to Barry Sanders. Great RB on a really mediocre team...

Well to be fair we have had some good years and one great one where if AP (and others) had not fumbled multiple times they would have been in the SB.

Bills signed QB Thaddeus Lewis off their practice squad and announced he will start Week 6 against the Bengals.
He's back TL9!!! I even said last week why do the bills have Tuel as a Backup when Thad is in the practice squad! He actually did pretty well against the steelers last year. A American Hero has returned.

He's back TL9!!! I even said last week why do the bills have Tuel as a Backup when Thad is in the practice squad! He actually did pretty well against the steelers last year. A American Hero has returned.

BlackGhost pls

Your optimism for this young man is bordering on crazy.

squicken

Irsay taking selfies again

Dolphins Offensive Line Emergency Management

Function: The Dolphins allowed 18 sacks through four games, entering their matchup with the Ravens. Left tackle Jonathan Martin, and particularly right tackle Tyson Clabo, adopted an all-too-lenient policy of allowing pass rushers to get to Ryan Tannehill.

Status: Shut down. The Dolphins allowed six more sacks in a 26-23 loss.

Essential: Absolutely. Critically.

On the Dolphins' second-to-last possession, with the score tied 23-23, Terrell Suggs bull-rushed Martin straight into Tannehill for a four-yard sack on first down. After an incomplete pass, Suggs and Elvis Dumervil obliterated Martin and Clabo, meeting for coffee and doughnuts atop Tannehill's torso on third down. A 4th-and-20 punt gave the Ravens the field position they needed to get their typically sputtering road offense into field goal range.

On the Dolphins final possession, Tannehill got flushed from the pocket on fourth down but uncorked a miraculous 46-yard pass to Brandon Gibson at the Dolphins 34-yard line. Out of timeouts, Tannehill clocked the ball on first down, then dropped to pass on second down, hoping to get the Dolphins into comfortable field goal range. Dumervil rocked Clabo backward and sacked Tannehill for a five yard loss that kept the clock moving. The hurrying Dolphins could get nothing going on 3rd-and-15, and Caleb Sturgis' 57-yard field goal attempt was not close.

So the Dolphins' pass protection cost them a game in which the rest of the team played well enough to win. It could also cost the Dolphins a quarterback prospect. Tannehill is up to 24 sacks this year. A young quarterback does not have to get injured to be ruined by sacks; he can develop happy feet, a too-fast pocket clock, and other bad habits that are hard to break. The Dolphins must solve their protection problem before it not only nullifies their promising start, but starts to define their future.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/62608490/

effzee

Didn't really post yesterday. Hate that I skipped out on the Denver-Dallas game because I thought it would be an one sided blow out. Went to see Gravity instead. OMG WHAT A MOVIE.

Amazing experience in IMAX 3D. I'd recommend it to all.

Anyway one impression I got from Eli and the Giants is that they play well and close until something goes wrong. After that first INT Eli threw it was like they just knew it was over and everything would go wrong. The body language and energy completely changed. He isn't confident in the pocket at all. 3 intentional grounding calls and he just seems to panic.

They finally got it going when they went to shorter routes but eventually the pressure got to him and he mad some odd choices.

AND LOL QBR but on Mike and Mike just now they mentioned the Giants D allowed 2 of the top 5 QBR performances yesterday (Vick in the first half and then Foles in the 2nd).

On the Cowboys game...

Its hilarious to me that some tv analysts, hosts, and other idiots keep talking about Romo and how he isn't the problem and how WHY WOULD YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT HIM NOW?!!?!?!?

He had 1 amazing game. He has had tons of amazing games. The problem with Romo has never been what he does in September/October. Its when it really counts, in December, during the playoffs push, or that 1 time in the playoffs, he is one of the main reasons, if not he main reason, for why they lose. 1 game crowning smh.

jmdajr

Fuck, what an embarrassment.

You know what I felt when Matt threw that pick six? Nothing.

Nothing. I didn't laugh, I didn't scream. Wasn't mad..or happy.

I was just like.

"Oh, it's that play we run."

cajunator

Banned
Sorry Texans fans.
Schaub used to be pretty decent. I think his confidence went to shit for whatever reason and he needs to be dropped. asap.

squicken

Sorry Texans fans.
Schaub used to be pretty decent. I think his confidence went to shit for whatever reason and he needs to be dropped. asap.

He's 32. All players have a physical decline at around 30, and Schaub just didn't have enough to lose. He's slow, not quick, and has a noodle arm. He has no way of compensating for an inability to throw crisp or deep passes, and now it's in his head b/c everyone is sitting on the throws he can make

ToxicAdam

Words consecutively constructed that I never thought I'd read one day, "continue to develop Pryor".

Sorry Texans fans.

Browns trade Weeden for Matt Schaub!

Let's do this.

squicken

Dallas-Denver was the highest rated game all year, which means the NFL will give you all more of what you crave

-Peyton

Yesterday was frustrating as fuck.

Seattle is one of the best teams in the league, so I fully expected to lose to them and wasn't upset when it happened.

The Buffalo loss was more sad than angry at how many times that game could have been over yet luck (and Rivera) gave it away.

But yesterday just pissed me off.

The thing is they weren't being blown out at first. In fact, I would argue that the Panthers solidly outplayed the Cardinals in the first half overall. But they couldn't turn that into a big point margin because of silly penalties and receivers dropping catchable balls (Steve Smith, what happened man?)

Then in the second half, the defense turns into 2011 Kleenex mode, Cam (whose shown not nearly enough progression as a QB in his third year as he should) shits the bed, and we end up getting beaten the fuck up. As much I want to, I can't even blame this game on Rivera at all. Outside of Kuechly and a few opportunistic turnovers made in the secondary, no player on the team played worth a damn in that second half.

cajunator

Banned
Rob Ryan isnt an elite D coordinator but look what he has done for the defense thus far

Total: 2280
Pass: 1416
Rush: 864
Points/Game: 30.8

Total: 1652
Pass: 1109
Rush: 543
Points/Game: 14.6

Other stats:

Total sacks - 6th in the NFL with 15
Turnovers: 2th in NFC at +6 (10 total: 7 INT, 4 FUM)
Interceptions: 3th in the NFL with 7
3rd down %: 10th in the NFL with 35.7

I am completely satisfied with this improvement. Its amazing how much better it is.

LevelNth

Banned
I actually don't mind the Vikings signing of Freeman. It's low risk, and while it's likely Freeman has nothing left, a change of scenery might just be enough and worst case, he's not worse than Ponder.

How do you see tonights game playing out?

I think we could sit a few of our starters (for an extra week of rest going into a bye) and still come out a touchdown or more ahead. The Jets are even more depleted than the Falcons in a number of key positions, so I see this as a pretty easy win.

Yesterday was frustrating as fuck.

Seattle is one of the best teams in the league, so I fully expected to lose to them and wasn't upset when it happened.

The Buffalo loss was more sad than angry at how many times that game could have been over yet luck (and Rivera) gave it away.

But yesterday just pissed me off.

The thing is they weren't being blown out at first. In fact, I would argue that the Panthers solidly outplayed the Cardinals in the first half overall. But they couldn't turn that into a big point margin because of silly penalties and receivers dropping catchable balls (Steve Smith, what happened man?)

Then in the second half, the defense turns into 2011 Kleenex mode, Cam (whose shown not nearly enough progression as a QB in his third year as he should) shits the bed, and we end up getting beaten the fuck up. As much I want to, I can't even blame this game on Rivera at all. Outside of Kuechly and a few opportunistic turnovers made in the secondary, no player on the team played worth a damn in that second half.

I don't get how Cam can throw every single one of his passes flat footed when he's in the pocket.

And not get picked more often that he already does.

jakncoke

Banned
I actually don't mind the Vikings signing of Freeman. It's low risk, and while it's likely Freeman has nothing left, a change of scenery might just be enough and worst case, he's not worse than Ponder.

If he cant beat Ponder, then his life will be over and instead of drowning himself in alcohol like most people that are depressed. He will become a tacoholic, some say he is already there

cajunator

Banned
I think we could sit a few of our starters (for an extra week of rest going into a bye) and still come out a touchdown or more ahead. The Jets are even more depleted than the Falcons in a number of key positions, so I see this as a pretty easy win.

Mike smith is a solid coach but he needs that killer instinct. He needs to keep the foot on the gas and go for the throat until the end of the game. I think the Jets is a good bounce back game but dont take their defense lightly.

Striker

Pryor was pretty underwhelming at Ohio State. So it's a little surprising to see him doing fairly decent so far. And with lesser known receivers.

Hunter S.

Dallas-Denver was the highest rated game all year, which means the NFL will give you all more of what you crave

-Peyton

For a 2 and 3 team they are pretty popular.

It seemed like they scored on almost every drive. It was pretty insane. I do not see many games being that high scoring. It is more popular when it is rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom