• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still, if Pryor didn't do what he did, we wouldn't have Urban Meyer at Ohio State now ;)

As for the Monday Night game, is there any chance of Roddy White doing anything this week?

cajunator

Banned
One thing that really amazed me in the Bears game was that Lance Briggs jumped offsides.
The Saints stayed out there specifically to draw them offsides. Everybody knew thats what they were doing. you could feel the momentum shifting towards the Bears. It had the feel of a game turning event and then...Lance fucking Briggs jumps offsides. I was honestly shocked by it.

Smokey

Kubiak is such a clown. Saying he has bigger issues to worry about than his qb.. Like his defense.

Motherfuckers the defense was #1 in the nfl in yards allowed and you're worried about the defense. How the fuck can the opposing qb complete 6 passes and you stop lose by 30 pts? Schaub is contributing more to the opposition than their own qb. It's amazing.

At this point I'm sure that Kubiak is a professional troll

One thing that really amazed me in the Bears game was that Lance Briggs jumped offsides.
The Saints stayed out there specifically to draw them offsides. Everybody knew thats what they were doing. you could feel the momentum shifting towards the Bears. It had the feel of a game turning event and then...Lance fucking Briggs jumps offsides. I was honestly shocked by it.

He was looking for his buddy Grrrlacher. I'm sure of it.

eznark

Banned
Is there any chance the Giants will discover some pride and actually show up on Thursday or has that entire team just curled up and called it a season?

Tabris

Is there any chance the Giants will discover some pride and actually show up on Thursday or has that entire team just curled up and called it a season?

I was honestly pretty disappointed how they gave up at the end of that PHI game.

Before there was always something to blame it on, lack of RB's, horrible OL. But this was just a poor performance by the QB. You could tell 10 mins into Q4 he had given up. It's like Peyton has stole all of his mojo.

Smokey

So what's the talk post-game? Is Schaub officially out going forward? Has Foster spouted off yet?

Foster said y'all keep asking me about another grown man's feeling.. Go ask him. But said he's gonna ride with his qb blah blah.

If you want some real entertainment tune in at 330 for the kubiak press conference where he trolls the entire city and says he has confidence in matt schaub

Joke of an organization

Mike smith is a solid coach but he needs that killer instinct. He needs to keep the foot on the gas and go for the throat until the end of the game. I think the Jets is a good bounce back game but dont take their defense lightly.

I have a feeling this just won't happen. Conservative play-calling is his raison d'être.
You're right about the Jets' D, it's really my sole concern.

Tabris

By the way, did anyone else catch when the CAR coach was freaking out on the offensive team and then he leaves, Cam Newton has a huge smile on his face like he thinks it's a joke, looks up and sees the camera, and immediately goes straight face as he was caught on national tv.

eznark

Banned
So 5 weeks in and we've already essentially seen the end of the careers of Weeden, Newton, Sanchez, Flynn, Schaub, Brady, Ponder and Freeman. That seems insanely high.

Gigglepoo

Bill Barnwell had a great analysis of Romo and the Cowboy, if anyone is interested.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9784782/bill-barnwell-week-5-nfl

Mike smith is a solid coach but he needs that killer instinct. He needs to keep the foot on the gas and go for the throat until the end of the game. I think the Jets is a good bounce back game but dont take their defense lightly.

I disagree. Mike Smith a lousy in-game coach. Just look at last week--Wilfork goes down in the first quarter and the Falcon are still pass happy. If he was smart, they would have pounded them on the ground (and won), but he's terrible at adjustments.

BigAT

They're actually kind of banged up now, so I don't think adding injuries into the equation that represents this shameful team will help them improve at all.

bionic77

Steelers bros, while I am not making any guarantees, the game against the Jets will be our best chance so far to win a game.

I don't remember what that feels like and I am not sure it is what is best for the team.

But things get real ugly after that. We are going to get destroyed by the Ravens, Raiders and Patriots. I might not be posting a lot after the New England game. :(

eznark

Banned
itd8o0k0PfxmA.gif

jmdajr

Kubiak is such a clown. Saying he has bigger issues to worry about than his qb.. Like his defense.

Motherfuckers the defense was #1 in the nfl in yards allowed and you're worried about the defense. How the fuck can the opposing qb complete 6 passes and you stop lose by 30 pts? Schaub is contributing more to the opposition than their own qb. It's amazing.

At this point I'm sure that Kubiak is a professional troll

I just can't

eznark

Banned
Its ok Cowboy fans. Romo is not a choker. According to some fat fuck @ ESPN and Jerry Jones all of those TAINTS and fuckups at the end of games are everyone's else fault.

God I hate these stat retards.

Did you not watch the game yesterday? He was fucking brilliant. It was an absolute pleasure to watch those two QB's play.

bionic77

Did you not watch the game yesterday? He was fucking brilliant. It was an absolute pleasure to watch those two QB's play.
I did watch the game and yes he was on fire. Though there was also some horrendous defense on display as well.

But who was surprised that he pissed it away at the end? It feels inevitable. I feel the exact opposite with Wussle. He just seems to make shit happen at the end of games.

eznark

Banned
I did watch the game and yes he was on fire. Though there was also some horrendous defense on display as well.

But who was surprised that he pissed it away at the end? It feels inevitable. I feel the exact opposite with Wussle. He just seems to make shit happen at the end of games.

That's fine, but the number of quarterbacks who could have kept Dallas in a position to choke away the game at the end is like 4.

cajunator

Banned

This is the definition of throwing games away.
Schaub literally lost three games on these three plays. the one at the 49ers game was recoverable but still terrible. Brees has thrown some boneheaded picks (and pick sixes)but hes a lot smarter/more capable than Schaub will ever be.

eznark

Banned
Going down 10-6 in the second quarter is hardly "literally" throwing the game away.

It's interesting to note that they were all absolute mis-reads on Schaub's part. He flat got fooled. It shows that he is missing something pre-snap, that the receivers are telling on their breaks and, most damning, the play-calling is making those routes so predictable that corners are feeling free to jump underneath with little safety help.

Smokey

Going down 10-6 in the second quarter is hardly "literally" throwing the game away.

It's interesting to note that they were all absolute mis-reads on Schaub's part. He flat got fooled. It shows that he is missing something pre-snap, that the receivers are telling on their breaks and, most damning, the play-calling is making those routes so predictable that corners are feeling free to jump underneath with little safety help.

The Texans are very predictable right now. Schaub can't go deep (except when fucking over the fanbase). He can't run. It's either to the TE, comeback route to a WR, or an out route to a WR. He's not allowed to audible because... Reasons. One being that Schaub is probably slow. Who knows.

I can literally tell you what play is coming when watching the game and defenses can too.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Fuck kubiak and schaub

Garbage

hey hey hey, wait a minute.... don't forget marciano. Fucking christ take a fucking knee on a kick off please.

Case Keenum please.

cajunator said:
Brees has thrown some boneheaded picks (and pick sixes)but hes a lot smarter/more capable than Schaub will ever be.
Drew Brees is a better quarterback than Schaub? Ya don't say. What hard hitting analysis will you come out with next? If you have more points at the end of the game, you'll likely win!

Has a QB ever had an easier win? Kaepernick completed 6 passes. Ridiculous.

MechDX

The funny thing about the aftermath yesterday? The comments on Twitter, Texans fan forums, etc....were a lot quitter than last Sunday. We have already moved on to acceptance.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom