• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleTap

Good analysis because it's true.

thanks. it's more venting than analysis. it's been a frustrating season so far.

it wasn't a comparison of the two. kap has played like shit and i'm sure part of it is the coaches have told him to not run. he's also obviously having a problem reading the defenses and making decisions quickly. so you take away his running he has nothing to fall back on. maybe he'll improve or maybe not!

kap sucking balls doesn't make wussles performances good though. here are his stats against opponents who aren't the jags:

45/75, 585 yards, 2 TD, 2 Int, sacked 11 times, QB rating 82.3

Agreed that both QBs are awful right now, it's just one of them obviously isn't costing them games and has played through it. Having a great D helps too. Kaep kind of just looks lost. Even against the rams there were still plenty of 3 and outs, and a few fumbles.

thanks. it's more venting than analysis. it's been a frustrating season so far.

Agreed that both QBs are awful right now, it's just one of them obviously isn't costing them games and has played through it. Having a great D helps too. Kaep kind of just looks lost. Even against the rams there were still plenty of 3 and outs, and a few fumbles.

there weren't many 3 and outs until the game was out of reach. there was 1 fumble and it came when the game was out of reach in the 4th quarter. it also came on a play where kap was handing off to his rb.

i put the seahawks game on kap and the offensive line. i put the colts game 100% on the coaches. we are abusing them in the run game and then we run the ball like 3 times in the 2nd half. absolute trash.

effzee

lVxJGxz.gif

Oh man I remember watching that live thinking Bush was dead.

Miss the days when we had actual players on D.

RIP Trotter

RIP Dawk

RIP Brown

Stupid TV coverage, I want to see NE/CIN, not KC face a Lockerless Tennessee. I don't care about my division rivals unless we're playing them.

LevelNth

Banned
Watching the coaches film of the Giants/Chiefs. Some positives to take away:

It's a 9 yard David Wilson run. A few things to note here:

- James Brewer (#73) gets a good block to open the hole. He's in for Chris Snee who's been abysmal up until this point in the season.
- The tight end in this formation, Bear Pascoe (#86) comes from the other side of the line to put a block on Justin Houston. It's not a great block but just enough to keep Houston out of the play.

11 yard run early on in the game. Cordle (#63) gets a real nice push here up the middle which is primarily responsible for the gain. Scott simply follows his block.[/IMG]
So with Scott gone what are you expecting out of the backs now in terms of snap share?

I remember when the Steelers could tackle like that. Now we are so bad that we make the Packers tackling look elite in comparison.

:(

i thought i would relish the day when the steelers were absolute garbage but now i just feel sorry for steelers-age. i hope you guys get your smile back someday!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
there weren't many 3 and outs until the game was out of reach. there was 1 fumble and it came when the game was out of reach in the 4th quarter. it also came on a play where kap was handing off to his rb.

i put the seahawks game on kap and the offensive line.
I didn't know the offensive line could hurt a team!

I didn't know the offensive line could hurt a team!

only if your backup offensive line performs poorly. THEN it is a valid excuse! if your starting line sucks dick in a game then its still on the QB. case CLOSED!

Denver already played once on Thursday, that should have excluded us from any more Thursday night games the rest of the year.

and the life longers start pourin' in!

and i don't consider denvers initial TNF appearance legit. they weren't working on any type of short week

Tight end blocking gag reel:

ikw8p7DgliMyV.gif

Larry Donnell (#84) 1 on 1 vs Tamba Hali. Maybe I'm being a little unfair as it looks like Beatty was supposed to double him? Considering his movement in that direction it looks to be the case until he sees the safety blitz and whiffs on that, too!

3rd and 1 pitch to David Wilson. Three tight ends into block on the right side:

iXZIpP5QxDSV3.gif

iGnPtNtFP46US.gif

Pascoe (#86) goes low and whiffs. Myers (#83) barely holds a block and gets pushed away by Houston who makes the initial hit on Wilson. Donnell (#84) makes the most decent block out of the bunch in pushing his man out of the way enough so that he can't hit Wilson.

(I like Eli getting out of the way of #70 who's coming on the left side and leaves Beatty behind. Business decision :jnc)

So with Scott gone what are you expecting out of the backs now in terms of snap share?
Likely see Wilson get a bigger bulk though he'll still come off the field more often than not when pass pro is needed. If we run 20 times a game, Jacobs will get 5-7 of those carries.

bionic77

i thought i would relish the day when the steelers were absolute garbage but now i just feel sorry for steelers-age. i hope you guys get your smile back someday!
We are 10 good players and a coach away from winning another Super Bowl.

That's just 2 drafts! And with how shit we are those will be some high picks!

Twitter seems to hint at Allen/McKenzie power struggle. Allen cut Tyler Wilson (McKenzie's 4th round pick) and demoted and trashed Flynn (the QB Reggie traded for), while playing Pryor (Al's last draft pick)

where are you seeing that at? ive heard nothing of the sort.

reggie cut wilson tho im sure DA had some input. as for pryor many of us thought allen would never give him a shot. i credit olson more with that as DA delegates and is mostly hands off on the offensive side. flynn was low risk and there wasnt a lot of options out there reggie will cut any player with no qualms about it. he has always said DA is his guy.

I was very much on the Reggie McKenzie bandwagon for a while and thought he'd need a couple years to get the situation in order, but he's put together a pretty horrible team and Dennis Allen has turned them into a more competent bunch than I'd have ever expected. If a power struggle developed, I think Allen may be the better person to keep at this point, which is something I never would have thought a couple months ago.

not sure i understand, reggie put the team together. while eating 50 mil in dead money. ive always said they werent flashy but all have solid fundamentals. allen made some terrible coaching hires last year and reggie corrected that this year so we have a much better coaching staff all around which is a big factor in the turnaround.

Godslay

Banned
and the life longers start pourin' in!

and i don't consider denvers initial TNF appearance legit. they weren't working on any type of short week

He's been posting since last year at least. There are a couple new guys, but they are always welcome. Same thing happened with the 9ers last couple of years.

Lunchbox

Banned
I've been wondering this for a while... why is your avatar a pic of Vick in his Atlanta uniform, photoshopped to look like an Eagles uni?

MichaelVick9a.jpg

There are tons of photos of him wearing an actual Eagles uni.

he wants a pic of vick before he didnt kill dogs get caught suck dick have short hair

squicken

Good point on the Grantland podcast. Even if Monroe plays great this year, BAL can't extend him. Falcco's cap hit doubles next year and there just isn't room to pay a lot for either Oher or Monroe

I'm stuck in training downtown this week and there's zero access to any sites so I finally get home to see Levi.....I don't' know what to say. Words can't express my feels right now...

bullsinsano.gif

It's over!!! It's fucking over!!! The dark saga of Levi Brown has ended after 6 long years of suffering at long last!!! I'm still in denial.

MechDX

our line is due for a shitty game too :(

i also deciphered the niners 2013 season. it will be the exact opposite of last year (win 2, lose 1). we will win 1, lose 2! texans and cards gonna style on us. fuck you harbs for sending alex away :(

Bring back old FMT. I have waited 3 years for this game dammit! Need you to talk major shit. How Texans fans sleep with assorted farm animals and all that type of nonsense.

Harbaugh knows the way to beat the Texans is just to wait for Schaub to give you the game.

Bring back old FMT. I have waited 3 years for this game dammit! Need you to talk major shit. How Texans fans sleep with assorted farm animals and all that type of nonsense.

Harbaugh knows the way to beat the Texans is just to wait for Schaub to give you the game.

teenage angst has paid off well, now i'm bored and old

LevelNth

Banned
Lol dumb ass Earl Thomas is trying to call out AP. Guess he forgot the 17/180/2 line AP put on them last year already. Modesty is certainly not a trait of these Hawks this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom