• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 5 |OT| - Are you ready for some 11:35 pm football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steelers only paying Levi the prorated vet minimum, AZ is still paying him 3 million. So Pitt is only paying 715k. Makes a bit more sense now.

IMO It's a last ditch effort by Colbert and co. to try and salvage the season. I don't think they think it will mean playoffs, I think they're just trying to get to mediocrity so that shit doesn't get blown up in the offseason. If Brown manages to be decent, that means they picked up two guys (he and Velasco) during the season that were better than the draft picks they went all through camp with, how sad and telling is that of their recent drafts? I'm hoping for 5-11, shit needs to be blown up.

jakncoke

Banned
IMO It's a last ditch effort by Colbert and co. to try and salvage the season. I don't think they think it will mean playoffs, I think they're just trying to get to mediocrity so that shit doesn't get blown up in the offseason. If Brown manages to be decent, that means they picked up two guys (he and Velasco) during the season that were better than the draft picks they went all through camp with, how sad and telling is that of their recent drafts? I'm hoping for 5-11, shit needs to be blown up.

That saying "Its going to get a whole lot uglier before it gets better" is really true for the Steelers

That saying "Its going to get a whole lot uglier before it gets better" is really true for the Steelers

And that's not such a bad thing. It's just that we're not used to it as it hasn't happened a whole lot over the last, well, really 20 years. Cowher had two years in a row in the late 90s of losing and since then it was only one bad season here and there a couple times. The only sucky part about going through it now is that they're wasting Ben.

jakncoke

Banned
And that's not such a bad thing. It's just that we're not used to it as it hasn't happened a whole lot over the last, well, really 20 years. Cowher had two years in a row in the late 90s of losing and since then it was only one bad season here and there a couple times. The only sucky part about going through it now is that they're wasting Ben.

Yeah thats when I first watching football in the late 90s. We had a nice little make 2 playoffs miss 1 year string going.

squicken

bradford-gabbert-facelrotk.jpg

Flacco's last performance has me thinking about interceptions a lot lately and man if Favre didn't have the best ones.

wa7TVFW.gif

Favre intercepted by a fan at a Bengals game. Eznark, do you have an alibi for that day?

effzee

I can't believe how stupid tv/radio analysts consistently.

Currently talking about the Giants/Eagles game on Mike & Mike...

Said Eagles and Giants are the biggest disappointments in the league. What? Giants maybe but Eagles were terrible the past 2 seasons and are basically where they are supposed to be considering they have no defense and a brand new coach/regime.

Keep harping on offense only looking good for 30 minutes against Washington. WTF? They didn't score the last TD until the 3rd quarter so first of all it wasn't just the first half. Secondly obviously up by nearly 30 points the team took the foot off the pedal. How is this so difficult for these idiots to understand? Even Denver could score 60+ each game but at some point in these blowout wins they take it down a notch. Same Eagles offense scored 30 against the Chargers (which included missed FGs and dropped TD passes) in a game where the offense was great but the D was so bad that they couldn't force a punt or get off the field. Every time the offense took a lead, the D gave it back. But somehow this is an indictment on Chip not working in the NFL.

Then about how "everyone" claimed the Eagles would be great or how they re invented offense in the NFL. No you assholes not "everyone"...it was you morons. No informed fan saw the read option or hurry up offense and thought wow they are re-inventing the game!

squicken

I think Gondo might be one of the Grantland football guys. They were saying that with Hoyer, CLE has gone to a short passing game where they are having Hoyer get the ball out quick, and the offensive linemen aren't getting exposed. While with Weeden they were using 7 step drops. This with no Josh Gordon, who Hoyer has had both games. They said if you wanted to do everything you could to make Brandon Weeden look as bad as possible, you'd do what the Browns have done. No idea why teams like CLE and TB feel like playing these kinds of games with their players

jakncoke

Banned
Its amazing how tiring 1 man moving crew can be. I should of recruited some the people here to help. Im sure these degenerates(say 3) would of been happy splitting a 30 pack of PBR

I can't believe how stupid tv/radio analysts consistently.

Currently talking about the Giants/Eagles game on Mike & Mike...

Said Eagles and Giants are the biggest disappointments in the league. What? Giants maybe but Eagles were terrible the past 2 seasons and are basically where they are supposed to be considering they have no defense and a brand new coach/regime.

Keep harping on offense only looking good for 30 minutes against Washington. WTF? They didn't score the last TD until the 3rd quarter so first of all it wasn't just the first half. Secondly obviously up by nearly 30 points the team took the foot off the pedal. How is this so difficult for these idiots to understand? Even Denver could score 60+ each game but at some point in these blowout wins they take it down a notch. Same Eagles offense scored 30 against the Chargers (which included missed FGs and dropped TD passes) in a game where the offense was great but the D was so bad that they couldn't force a punt or get off the field. Every time the offense took a lead, the D gave it back. But somehow this is an indictment on Chip not working in the NFL.

Then about how "everyone" claimed the Eagles would be great or how they re invented offense in the NFL. No you assholes not "everyone"...it was you morons. No informed fan saw the read option or hurry up offense and thought wow they are re-inventing the game!

You have to realize they're taking yankeehater's banning into account when they're talking about their disappointment in the Eagles.

bionic77

Its amazing how tiring 1 man moving crew can be. I should of recruited some the people here to help. Im sure these degenerates(say 3) would of been happy splitting a 30 pack of PBR
Moving sucks. Though be thankful that you are not moving a big ass CRT. God moving those things was horrible back in the day.

That said, don't be like your team and get in shape!

jakncoke

Banned
Moving sucks. Though be thankful that you are not moving a big ass CRT. God moving those things was horrible back in the day.

That said, don't be like your team and get in shape!

Yeah im sweating my ass off here. sweating out all those toxins and burning all the chub. Its like 60 outside and even with the AC inside feels like 110

There's a reason we moved on from him for better or worse. That's not a decision you can second guess Reese on easily. Great player, great guy but he was already being held together by tape/glue when he was released.

He's got two rings. He should retire and try to salvage some semblance of his body moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom