• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Mike Fran wondering why Fox isn't moving Dallas Philly to 4pm to be a national audience game instead of being forced to show SF-Tenn.

Don't flex games start later in the season? You can't just move the game to 4pm in week 7.

FUCK ITS WEEK 7 ALREADY?!!!

Texans chefs was flexed this week

sangreal

there is no way vick doesn't get signed if the eagles don't want him. how can that even be a legitimate concern when people like blaine gabbert, carson palmer, josh freeman and brandon weedon have starting jobs. if you're worried about his injury history you just get a career backup. He might take another pay cut, but he will have a job

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 1h
"I try to play to prove everybody right that’s believed in me, more so than play to prove everybody wrong," Keenum says. #Texans

Keenum said he read Drew Brees's book and took lessons from him as a fellow short quarterback and one who came back from injury. #Texans

Keenum shows more personality in here than Schaub, who goes to great lengths to hide his publicly. #Texans

"I guess I can officially say, this is going to be the best NFL defense I’ve ever faced," Keenum says with a grin. #Texans

"It means a lot to have the guys have my back," Keenum says. #Texans

"It’s our job to go out and play a football game, which is pretty sweet," Case Keenum. #Texans

Love this kids moxy.

I'm thinking Jets. It is kind of odd that SEA will let their two CBs walk when they have the league's best secondary. What depth that staff has been able to build

niners and seachickens will both suffer a bit when some of these contracts come due on guys who are getting paid peanuts right now

Milchjon

Damn, that NBA 2K14 trailer is great. And I don't even care about the game or basketball, it's just a really well made trailer.

Afrikan

Michael Irvin again making a good point on this subject.

The fans weren't cheering Schaub's injury...as in YES HE IS INJURED I HOPE HE IS HURT BAAAAAAD.

but more so, YES FINALLY A CHANGE AT QB! \o/

when the Candlestick crowd was "chanting" for David Carr...it wasn't because they wanted David Fucking Carr....lol...but more so, they just wanted Alex out of there at QB for that time being....they had enough.

the fact that as a fan, you have to resort to cheering for David F'n Carr is sad enough...but the fucking Front Office/coaching staff brought that upon themselves by trading Shaun Hill for a f'n 7th round pick.... ..they thought, hey Alex doesn't have to look over his shoulder...the fans have no choice but to support Alex no matter what. Alex can't play soooooo bad that the fans would actually want David Carr lololololol.

but no, it actually happened...and as a fan that is all you have left. You have no control, but to boo, cheer, call for David F'n Carr...that's all you can do....besides holding on to season tickets of course.

These fans are paying alot of money....when you shove a player/coach/performance down their throat over and over and over and over...they will eventually snap and go nuts, like say... chant for David Carr. :x

sure the right thing to do would've been to just be happy that he is finally leaving the field..but don't show/express it publicly. But all it takes is for a couple of people to start it and all the others who have held in that emotion will feel FREE and let it out.

Branduil

I'm dying.

iitsjQTKRsIOj.jpg

ibdjmowmG9KoBo.jpg

Afrikan

They should've started him in the Superbowl. His 5yd checks would've winded Ravens D.

imo, if Kyle would've held on to those punt returns....yes Alex would've beat the Pats in the SuperBowl with that 49er 2011 defense and special teams (Best David Akers). They were incredible that year.

but Jim saw it half way through the 2012 season...our defense wasn't the same..and our special teams were struggling. I don't think Alex would've brought them back against the Falcons or the Ravens.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Holy shit, Jake Locker cleared for contact.

Munchak is saying if he dresses, he plays.

Damn, I love this kid. Can't believe he may be back already. Can't wait to get rid of Fitzy.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Wouldn't surprise me if Texans either play them close or beat them.

Texans are going to get annihilated. Keenum has no chance against that defense and Charles is going to run roughshod over them.

Upset of the week will be the Jets over the Patriots. This will be one of Geno's good weeks.

Spinluck

Might've just found a future avatar in there, fucking hilarious.

imo, if Kyle would've held on to those punt returns....yes Alex would've beat the Pats in the SuperBowl with that 49er 2011 defense and special teams (Best David Akers). They were incredible that year.

but Jim saw it half way through the 2012 season...our defense wasn't the same..and our special teams were struggling. I don't think Alex would've brought them back against the Falcons or the Ravens.

Yea I was kidding around for the most part, there were pretty apparent weaknesses to Alex's game. And I still think that KC offense will be exposed at some point with him under center. Their having a great year so far though.

Godslay

Banned
Texans are going to get annihilated. Keenum has no chance against that defense and Charles is going to run roughshod over them.

I don't see it happening that way to be honest with you. Shut down Charles, and the offense is shutdown. Texans D can do it. Keenum is a wildcard certainly, but in all honesty, a 10 point lead beats the Chiefs, if the offense and special teams don't turn the ball over. If Fitz and CJY2PC could put up 17 (should have been 20) then I believe that Keenum/Foster/Johnson/Hopkins can scrape together something. I think it will be closer than you think.

If they can score more points than the Chiefs they can win.

Goddamn lizards!

:)

MechDX

Uh what?

I'll take Alex Smith checkdowns over a guy playing in his first game going up against the best defense in the league.

Id take an avatar bet with you but I wont wear one of those monstrosities

Personally I feel Kubiak said "Fuck it! Start Case. Cant get any worse." Im also thinking he finally opens the Dennys menu playbook to the specials on the insert with this "Fuck it Im going deep!" attitude. Finally has a QB who can move in the backfield. Those roll outs have shown in the past they can be deadly.

effzee

there is no way vick doesn't get signed if the eagles don't want him. how can that even be a legitimate concern when people like blaine gabbert, carson palmer, josh freeman and brandon weedon have starting jobs. if you're worried about his injury history you just get a career backup. He might take another pay cut, but he will have a job

I should have clarified. I don't think he signs anywhere to start. He will get tons of interest to be a back up and might even play if the starting QB starts becoming Shaub.

Hmm Vick to Texans! Full circle.

The fans weren't cheering Schaub's injury...as in YES HE IS INJURED I HOPE HE IS HURT BAAAAAAD.

but more so, YES FINALLY A CHANGE AT QB! \o/

when the Candlestick crowd was "chanting" for David Carr...it wasn't because they wanted David Fucking Carr....lol...but more so, they just wanted Alex out of there at QB for that time being....they had enough.

the fact that as a fan, you have to resort to cheering for David F'n Carr is sad enough...but the fucking Front Office/coaching staff brought that upon themselves by trading Shaun Hill for a f'n 7th round pick.... ..they thought, hey Alex doesn't have to look over his shoulder...the fans have no choice but to support Alex no matter what. Alex can't play soooooo bad that the fans would actually want David Carr lololololol.

but no, it actually happened...and as a fan that is all you have left. You have no control, but to boo, cheer, call for David F'n Carr...that's all you can do....besides holding on to season tickets of course.

These fans are paying alot of money....when you shove a player/coach/performance down their throat over and over and over and over...they will eventually snap and go nuts, like say... chant for David Carr. :x

sure the right thing to do would've been to just be happy that he is finally leaving the field..but don't show/express it publicly. But all it takes is for a couple of people to start it and all the others who have held in that emotion will feel FREE and let it out.

Exactly! Same way Philly fans were cheering when Irvin got hurt. Not that he got hurt but FINALLY A CHANGE AT WR!

but more so, YES FINALLY A CHANGE AT QB! o/

As a niners fan, I will never defend the fans that chanted for Carr...that was just pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom