• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch, EPL avatar? And during NFL season, no less? You've really let yourself go, huh?
You don't know the half of it...it's depressing that cards fans were semi confident going into this season with Palmer and 6 weeks in our offense is still going at Jags levels. Prove me wrong Palmer and win tonight and I will rock ur avatar for the next 6 months.

EWmof.gif
image.php
p0QHO.gif

The back-up is always the most popular guy. Good luck with all this.

Narag

I hope the Chiefs cause Keenum to have such a bad game that Kubiak has no choice but to start Lechler at QB against Indy. Won't even be mad if we lost to tgat awesome.

ShaneB

Ugh we are terrible enough on Sundays I can't imagine how bad we will be on a Thursday night.
There's no way Carson throws less than 2 picks today, I just can't see it.

My outcome/prediction from last night...

Terrible game for the Hawks offence, most of those points came from 2 taints as you said. The 2 Arizona TD's came from big pass plays downfield. Let's see how this turns out.

Also at that fan chart.... I'm such a bandwagoner! :( Bah!

Tom Penny

It is.

But you're the last one to be saying shit, lol. Besides your fraudulent titles, you guys were pretty huge benefactors. Go watch the Tuck Rule game, and lie to yourself.

Not sure what the Tuck Rule has to do with getting rules changed to benefit a team due to epic playoff failures but sure.

effzee

Mike Fran wondering why Fox isn't moving Dallas Philly to 4pm to be a national audience game instead of being forced to show SF-Tenn.

Don't flex games start later in the season? You can't just move the game to 4pm in week 7.

FUCK ITS WEEK 7 ALREADY?!!!

Mike Fran wondering why Fox isn't moving Dallas Philly to 4pm to be a national audience game instead of being forced to show SF-Tenn.

Don't flex games start later in the season? You can't just move the game to 4pm in week 7.

Mid way point next week :(

I read on the Eagles message board that Lurie asked the NFL to stop giving the Eagles 4pm home games since alcohol sales are worse at 4pm starts then any other time. Not sure if that is true or not though.

movie was amazing, and I was pretty impressed with the 3D (never watched a 3D movie before)

I do hate the girl behind me that decided she needed to get up and buy candy in the middle of the movie though...

How did you not see a 3D movie ever before?

The opening scene where it is all quite, in my screen all I heard was people chewing that popcorn. Kinda annoying.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Have to watch the Texans game lol I really planned on not watching.

CASE KEENUM FUTURE.

Fox doesn't have the doubleheader this week.

who is mike fran? he can go eat a bag of dicks. no one gives a fuck about a battle for supremacy in the worst division in football! get sunday ticket mike fran you dumb ass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

Greg

How did you not see a 3D movie ever before?

The opening scene where it is all quite, in my screen all I heard was people chewing that popcorn. Kinda annoying.
I don't know - I only go to the movies once or twice a year, and I just never felt the need to go see one in 3D before

and yeah, the crunching and digging in bags got to me a few times, especially considering how well done the sound was in the movie

I want 3D to go away :(

Go away 3D please :(

I hate shit like this. I go to movies a lot and I have never seen anyone forcing people to go see the 3D version of movies at gunpoint. I love 3D, and would see a lot less movies if it wasnt for it. It is fine if you dont like it, but wishing for people to miss out on something they do enjoy seems nuts to me.

effzee

I read on the Eagles message board that Lurie asked the NFL to stop giving the Eagles 4pm home games since alcohol sales are worse at 4pm starts then any other time. Not sure if that is true or not though.

The Eagles message board is so infested with morons who think everything is a conspiracy I refuse to believe anything they claim. I wonder how these people function in real life.

The 4pm game is decided based on how good a team is and the west coast/east coast scheduling. Lurie can't ask the NFL to do shit. The reasons the Eagles have no more schedule 4 pm games is because they were garbage the last 2 seasons and the league decided to remove them from primetime/national games. If the Eagles continue to play decent or somehow make the playoffs they will be back .

Fox doesn't have the doubleheader this week.

Yeah he just realized and mentioned it. Regardless of who has the doubleheader, I don't think you can flex game this early in the season.

Continuing with more Eagles talk...a rare Eagles fan called in and Mike not only agreed that Foles is already the next big thing and should start, but that the Eagles should go to a 2 QB system and bring in Vick for certain series. His reasoning being that they are so different from each other that it has to work!

Except Foles can run himself. He isn't a Brady like statue in the pocket. He can't out run Vick and he won't be an option QB but he can move. Vick himself says as much. Secondly its 1.5 games that he has looked amazing in. Can we please let him play and see if he keeps it up. Already he should start no matter what?

exarkun

Whats sad about Keenum is that AJ and Deandre have already said more nice things about him than they have about Yates.

Remember that playoff video about "Maybe Yates" can do it? And Andre laughed at the end? Fucked up.

ShaneB

I hate shit like this. I go to movies a lot and I have never seen anyone forcing people to go see the 3D version of movies at gunpoint. I love 3D, and would see a lot less movies if it wasnt for it. It is fine if you dont like it, but wishing for people to miss out on something they do enjoy seems nuts to me.

The opposite of that being that I'd go to the theatre more if movies weren't in 3D. Case in point that I doubt I'll see Gravity at the theatre because there are no 2D options playing near me at my theatres of choice.

If you like it, that's fine and dandy. Just stating that I don't like it because I can't see the 3D.

The opposite of that being that I'd go to the theatre more if movies weren't in 3D. Case in point that I doubt I'll see Gravity at the theatre because there are no 2D options playing near me at my theatres of choice.

If you like it, that's fine and dandy. Just stating that I don't like it because I can't see the 3D.

How are there no 2D options at your theater? Every movie I have ever seen has had a 2D showing, I would figure that would be standard since not everyone is willing to pay extra.

squicken

This is from Sando on Peterson and Sherman on their next contracts. He's obviously plugged in with the Chickens so I think it's pretty interesting

I think the Cardinals will do that with Patrick Peterson. I think the Seahawks might have tougher decisions to make because they'll want to pay Earl Thomas and Russell Wilson more than they'll want to pay Sherman, and I also think Sherman could be the type to really want to maximize his value -- perhaps even in a glitzier market. Most of the top corners are getting $10 million to $11 million per year in the first three years with $20 million or more in guarantees. Peterson will definitely get that money. Sherman could, too, but I'm less sure of it based on his own team's potential priorities.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/49185/nfl-insider-mike-sando

effzee

Or maybe Mike F. is onto something:

Joint Vick and Nick presser:

https://twitter.com/Tim_McManus/status/390901146308456448/photo/1

BWzChXiCMAALgwP.jpg

Pretty cool that they seem to be genuine friends off and on the field. While the parasitic beat writers and media in general try to stir up some controversy pitting one against the other driving the fans into a frenzy, these two seem fine with each other and the situation.

If Foles plays as he has, Vick knows he has most likely taken his last snap as an Eagle. He basically says it anytime he says "I know how the business goes". I wonder if anyone signs him next year.

If Foles struggles or comes back down to earth, Vick knows he has to get as close to 100% as soon as possible to step right back in.

ShaneB

How are there no 2D options at your theater? Every movie I have ever seen has had a 2D showing, I would figure that would be standard since not everyone is willing to pay extra.

There are none, but a quick search shows that there are a few theatres playing 2D showings around the city, but I don't care too much to go to them. No big deal.

Or maybe Mike F. is onto something:

Joint Vick and Nick presser:

https://twitter.com/Tim_McManus/status/390901146308456448/photo/1

BWzChXiCMAALgwP.jpg

Pretty cool that they seem to be genuine friends off and on the field. While the parasitic beat writers and media in general try to stir up some controversy pitting one against the other driving the fans into a frenzy, these two seem fine with each other and the situation.

If Foles plays as he has, Vick knows he has most likely taken his last snap as an Eagle. He basically says it anytime he says "I know how the business goes". I wonder if anyone signs him next year.

If Foles struggles or comes back down to earth, Vick knows he has to get as close to 100% as soon as possible to step right back in.

Vick had a top 10 QBR and lead the #2 offense while keeping TOs down, I bet he signs right away if the Eagles dont bring him back.

effzee

Vick had a top 10 QBR and lead the #2 offense while keeping TOs down, I bet he signs right away if the Eagles dont bring him back.

Yeah but its the injury prone nature of his game. The hammy is weird since usually he gets broken into half and this just happened out of nowhere.

He is going to be 34 next season with a style of play which relies on him running a lot to be effective. I don't think his body can keep up and no team will want to start him knowing that he won't play all 16. As a back up I think he would fit in most places. Hell if no one signs him and Foles plays really well and secures the starting job, I wouldn't mind him keeping him as a cheap back up.

Again so much speculation about the future but we still have so much to see from Foles. I wish the focus was more on just this match up between the Cowboys and Eagles.

movie was amazing, and I was pretty impressed with the 3D (never watched a 3D movie before)

I do hate the girl behind me that decided she needed to get up and buy candy in the middle of the movie though...

Yeah you can't miss like a minute of that movie. lol

Dat Sandra Bullock though, right? ;)

Kiryu

I know NFL Sunday Ticket doesn't support TNF/MNF but does NFL Red Zone work? I hate to watch livestream of NFLnetwork on nfl.com when I have no cable. :/

Mindlog

All that opportunity to start Keenum and it's done now on the road at Arrowhead? Why do they hate him so much?
The Vikings will have a spot open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom