• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

Gronk Cleared. AKA we have back to back division games the season begins now..get on the damn field. Knowing Bill he will healthy scratch him...

ShaneB

Guess this is just a way to get use to having a bye week, playing last night, and not again until week 8 MNF will seem like forever :( That being said, it will be nice to have Sunday to just pick a game or two and watch good football.

Just saw that Sony confirmed Drive Club is going to miss launch, that sucks. I was looking forward to trying that out on Plus. Cant believe they are replacing it with that indie game Contrast.

MechDX

Texans first time QB's starting their first game are 7-1 overall and 4-0 under Kubiak. Case is the 8th QB to start a game for the Texans.......

Godslay

Banned
Texans first time QB's starting their first game are 7-1 overall and 4-0 under Kubiak. Case is the 8th QB to start a game for the Texans.......

I know you think I'm a Kubes apologist, but the work that he did with Plummer was amazing really. In the same way Moore sat down with Peyton and reviewed every play for the prior season, Kubiak made Plummer sit down and do the same. It makes me wonder if Kubiak is stretched too thin at HC, or if Schaub was that bad and Kubiak couldn't make him any better than what he is. The guy knows his offensive stuff, especially QB play. It's too bad he doesn't coach like Shannahan used to, in the sense of stepping on a teams throat until the game is over.

How did the controller feel? I am really hoping it is better then the DS3 for shooters. I bought those trigger clips and they helped some but man I hate the DS3.

I didn't like it. It felt better than the DS3 for sure, but still not great. It felt cheap and the weight felt off too, but I'm not sure if it's the final version.

The Xbone controller felt better, but too light as well.

The DS4 feels great. No real complaints about it. Maybe if it was a little thicker?

I didn't like it. It felt better than the DS3 for sure, but still not great. It felt cheap and the weight felt off too, but I'm not sure if it's the final version.

The Xbone controller felt better, but too light as well.

Thanks guys. I am not liking this trend of light controllers. I want it to have some weight to it.

Greg, your music is awesome! Finally got to listen to it today. Looking forward to a game one day with the line "featuring music by the Greg" on the cover.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
itNyZhPkcbnn.gif

Guess this is just a way to get use to having a bye week, playing last night, and not again until week 8 MNF will seem like forever :( That being said, it will be nice to have Sunday to just pick a game or two and watch good football.

You like defense. The Chiefs are having one of the statistically best defensive seasons of all-time. We've given up 65 points all year. By contrast, other defenses I consider great like the Seahawks and 49ers have given up 116 and 118 points, respectively (the league average is 133). We will be playing at Arrowhead, the loudest outdoor stadium in the world this weekend against the Texans.

This is a do-or-die game for the Texans, who I expect will be playing their best ball all year. If they don't, their season is pretty much over. It might already be.

Despite being crapped on, our offense is #8 in the league in scoring. We play smash mouth football, with long grinding drives that suck the life out of our opponents. Jamaal Charles is getting it done on the ground and in the air.

Ablahblahblah strength of schedule talk. Yes, we have the fourth easiest strength of schedule so far, behind the Broncos, Bears, and Jets. The Patriots, Steelers, and Rams are right behind us and will likely pass us in that category by the end of the season. Nobody is complaining about those teams playing easy teams, but they are. You play who the schedule says you play. All you can do is go out there and win games. The Chiefs are getting that done so far.

TLDR: I asked Conan to describe the Chiefs' gameplan and he responded: "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

That's right, Conan. That's right.

rando14

You like defense. The Chiefs are having one of the statistically best defensive seasons of all-time. We've given up 65 points all year. By contrast, other defenses I consider great like the Seahawks and 49ers have given up 116 and 118 points, respectively (the league average is 133). We will be playing at Arrowhead, the loudest outdoor stadium in the world this weekend against the Texans.

This is a do-or-die game for the Texans, who I expect will be playing their best ball all year. If they don't, their season is pretty much over. It might already be.

Despite being crapped on, our offense is #8 in the league in scoring. We play smash mouth football, with long grinding drives that suck the life out of our opponents. Jamaal Charles is getting it done on the ground and in the air.

Ablahblahblah strength of schedule talk. Yes, we have the fourth easiest strength of schedule so far, behind the Broncos, Bears, and Jets. The Patriots, Steelers, and Rams are right behind us and will likely pass us in that category by the end of the season. Nobody is complaining about those teams playing easy teams, but they are. You play who the schedule says you play. All you can do is go out there and win games. The Chiefs are getting that done so far.

TLDR: I asked Conan to describe the Chiefs' gameplan and he responded: "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

That's right, Conan. That's right.

DAMN Tragic you sure are fired up compared to the beginning of the season, Dont let the cockiness consume you man!

Good for you guys, I'm pulling for you brother!

I'm happy to see the Chiefs having some success but I don't believe for a second that they can keep this up. I still expect them to lose at least 5 games and I don't think they'll go far in the playoffs. Regardless, it'll be a great first step if they can manage that, and anything more will be gravy.

DAMN Tragic you sure are fired up compared to the beginning of the season, Dont let the cockiness consume you man!

Good for you guys, I'm pulling for you brother!

If it helps, I still think we end the season 10-6. :p

I'm happy to see the Chiefs having some success but I don't believe for a second that they can keep this up. I still expect them to lose at least 5 games and I don't think they'll go far in the playoffs. Regardless, it'll be a great first step if they can manage that, and anything more will be gravy.

Making the playoffs (and I would have laughed if you brought that up before the season started) is pretty much a foregone conclusion. The Chiefs have made the playoffs eleven times in my life. ELEVEN. I've been watching them play since I was a youngster in the mid-80s, so this is a pretty big deal for KC fans.

What I'm hoping is that we can win a ONE damn playoff game. Nine of those eleven playoff appearances ended in a first round exit. One and done.

We haven't won a playoff game since 1993. You know, the Joe Montana and Marcus Allen team. That team was defensive focused, with Neil Smith and Derrick Thomas eating people alive. Our defense today looks eerily similar in skill and the carnage they're creating. Maybe Jamaal Charles is our Marcus Allen? Highly unlikely that Alex Amith becomes our Joe Montana.

Forecast: first round exit. :/

lol we are heavy favorites against the bills which means we'll come out flat, keep it close until half time, bills will pull ahead in the 3rd and we'll win because of some last min heroics by the offense. Can't wait!

They remind me of the 08 dolphins, good defense, mistake free offense. Hopefully it turns out differently for them though..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom