• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Underrated moment from Sunday's games: Chip Kelly calling the shotgun victory formation to troll Schiano.

rs53zA7.gif

I don't think I've ever seen this before.

Colasante

Only two NFL teams have scored at least 20 points in every game. Denver obviously is one. The other... the Buffalo Bills

Their handling of the backup QB situation has been abysmal since they release Tarvaris Jackson, but the Bills have been a very impressive team this season, all things considered. I'm still not sure that Doug Marrone is a good coach, but the arrow is pointing up for the Bills.

Their handling of the backup QB situation has been abysmal since they release Tarvaris Jackson, but the Bills have been a very impressive team this season, all things considered. I'm still not sure that Doug Marrone is a good coach, but the arrow is pointing up for the Bills.

I just dont understand why the use Spiller so little. He has the 50 yard TD against the Browns and then gets 1 more carry the rest of the game. Most games this year he has had like 10 carries. He is probably their most explosive player and he is barely used.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
In an interview with Jarret Bell of USA Today, Irsay eventually boils the departure of Peyton down to one fact: Irsay preferred to chase team achievements, not individual ones.

“We’ve changed our model a little bit, because we wanted more than one of these,” Irsay said, referring to his Super Bowl XLI ring. “[Tom] Brady never had consistent numbers, but he has three of these. Pittsburgh had two, the Giants had two, Baltimore had two and we had one. That leaves you frustrated.

“You make the playoffs 11 times, and you’re out in the first round seven out of 11 times. You love to have the Star Wars numbers from Peyton and Marvin [Harrison] and Reggie [Wayne]. Mostly, you love this.”

And again, Irsay pointed to the ring.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...irsay-says-he-chose-championships-over-stats/

Damn. (Accurately) calling his former QB a playoff choke artist.

Syrinx

Bucs are gonna upset the Falcons this week, watch. Falcons aren't very good and no Julio Jones. Think we can keep them in check.

THU, OCT 17
Seattle at Arizona 8:25 PM

SUN, OCT 20
Tampa Bay at Atlanta 1:00 PM
Cincinnati at Detroit 1:00 PM
Buffalo at Miami 1:00 PM
New England at NY Jets 1:00 PM
Dallas at Philadelphia 1:00 PM
Chicago at Washington 1:00 PM
St. Louis at Carolina 1:00 PM
San Diego at Jacksonville 1:00 PM
San Francisco at Tennessee 4:05 PM
Cleveland at Green Bay 4:25 PM
Houston at Kansas City 4:25 PM
Baltimore at Pittsburgh 4:25 PM
Denver at Indianapolis 8:30 PM

MON, OCT 21
Minnesota at NY Giants 8:30 PM - The Comeback Begins...

From the Browns Facebook page:

1380433_10151940217409684_183744_n.png

Brandon Weeden - why do you suck so incredibly bad given the offensive minded gurus you have surrounding you in Chud and Norv? Why can't you improve? Why can't you throw two accurate passes in a row? Why can't you read defenses pre-snap? What in the HELL were you thinking on the Flipper ball? Oh I'm sorry, were we only granted one question??

Brandon Weeden: Does sucking at football actually physically hurt? Or is the pain only emotional?

Can I ask weeden " why you suck so bad!!!!"

We all hate you weeden.... Go away

One question for Brandon Weeden. Respectfully, What's Wrong With You?

Weeden? What the f*** is wrong with you ?

I forgot! Ill pm you later tonight!

Go Cards this week!

I was out of town all weekend so wanted to make sure you didn't post it and think I was trying to flake out of it. I'm a man of my word!

Thanks, brah. I hope we recover by feasting on some Chicken Thursday. What was up with your fellow fans doing the wave when Campbell went down though? That was some douchey behavior right there! At least the Niner players showed class. If Campbell doesn't play, it's going to be rough, that'd be a big blow to our D. Fitz injured the other hammy too...SF did not go well for us.

Deacon,

I was able to test out that pit beef sandwich you recommended in Baltimore. Looked around and found Chaps right before I was headed out yesterday.

It was really good. Nothing super special but it was solid . I just got basic beef sandwich though.

You're blaming an injury on front office personnel?

What you should be worrying about is why Gronkowski doesn't want to play for your sad sack team.

You're blaming an medical decision by doctors on front office personnel?

What you should be worrying about is that you have a severe lack of talent, no depth on your roster and barely any recently drafted players who add something to your team.

Congrats on your 1 win this season though!

Deacon,

I was able to test out that pit beef sandwich you recommended in Baltimore. Looked around and found Chaps right before I was headed out yesterday.

It was really good. Nothing super special but it was solid . I just got basic beef sandwich though.

Looks it.

When I went to Baltimore I had Pioneer's which was pretty good. I'm surprised - they barely put any meat in your sandwich!

Milchjon

Deacon,

Pit beef always sounded like the retarded cousin of other beef sandwiches to me.

jbug617

Banned
THU, OCT 17
Seattle at Arizona 8:25 PM

SUN, OCT 20
Tampa Bay at Atlanta 1:00 PM
Cincinnati at Detroit 1:00 PM
Buffalo at Miami 1:00 PM
New England at NY Jets 1:00 PM
Dallas at Philadelphia 1:00 PM
Chicago at Washington 1:00 PM
St. Louis at Carolina 1:00 PM
San Diego at Jacksonville 1:00 PM
San Francisco at Tennessee 4:05 PM
Cleveland at Green Bay 4:25 PM
Houston at Kansas City 4:25 PM
Baltimore at Pittsburgh 4:25 PM
Denver at Indianapolis 8:30 PM

MON, OCT 21
Minnesota at NY Giants 8:30 PM

5-1 without him >>> 1-5

Lololololololol. The Steelers their irrelevance is highly entertaining, too bad your quality of trolling went down with the Steelers their talent level.

Figured you'd back off the point. GRONK GRONK

Another front office misfire. Poor Belichick can't get anything right these days.

Nice OP, Godslay :)

Ugh this Sunday night is gonna feel weird. That said, hoping Von brings his A game (apparently he's up to 262 now and trimmed down to 10% body fat), which should help with the pass rush. Hope Peyton stays patient and doesn't throw a pick six like he did against the Jags.

I'll be so confused if Mathis sacks him or he throws a pick to Bethea.

PS. Seeing Collie catch passes from Brady made me die a little inside.

cashman

Banned
In an interview with Jarret Bell of USA Today, Irsay eventually boils the departure of Peyton down to one fact: Irsay preferred to chase team achievements, not individual ones.

“We’ve changed our model a little bit, because we wanted more than one of these,” Irsay said, referring to his Super Bowl XLI ring. “[Tom] Brady never had consistent numbers, but he has three of these. Pittsburgh had two, the Giants had two, Baltimore had two and we had one. That leaves you frustrated.

“You make the playoffs 11 times, and you’re out in the first round seven out of 11 times. You love to have the Star Wars numbers from Peyton and Marvin [Harrison] and Reggie [Wayne]. Mostly, you love this.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...irsay-says-he-chose-championships-over-stats/

Peyton Romo.

Bowser

Surprised no one is picking the Eagles. Eagles always do well against the Cowboys, but maybe that was just a Reid thing. Skins where doing a damn good job of running on the Boys, but RGIII was so off they couldnt burn the D with any playaction passes. Eagles are the top rushing team, and with Foles the redzone offense has been perfect. It has been interesting hearing everyone say Djax cant be a redzone weapon all these years and now he has 3 redzone TDs the last 2 games. Hopefully that keeps up. I really think this game is going to be a shoot out, the only question is can the Eagles D get any stops.

This is why I'm picking Dallas. Glennon looked like a competent starter vs your defense. I really think Romo is gonna eviscerate y'all.

squicken

This is why I'm picking Dallas. Glennon looked like a competent starter vs your defense. I really think Romo is gonna eviscerate y'all.

Yeah I don't trust Philly to beat any team with a decent QB. They'll outscore bad teams, but they need another offseason to address that D. Still, 6-10 could win the NFCE, so it could be a satisfying bridge season anyway

Hunter S.

http://www.denverpost.com/hochman/ci_24303318/hochman-von-miller-broncos-return-defense

The Broncos' secondary is proud, but porous. If the playoffs were this weekend, the secondary would be the weakest link. Entering Sunday's game, Denver had allowed more passing yards than any team in the league. Yes, teams are going to pass more against Denver because they need catches to play catch-up.

The issues are many for the Broncos' pass defense. Denver must provide Bailey with more safety help. The team's tackling technique needs to become textbook — enough of this holding-on-for-dear-life stuff.

Miller will change the dynamic. His voracious rush will force quarterbacks to throw faster, perhaps to receivers who haven't separated enough from the Denver defenders. When it comes to the Broncos, it is Peyton Manning who is known for the "hurry, hurry," but that'll change once Miller returns into the defensive scheme.

It reall sucks for Von I know his friends will not quit just like my friends never quit when I had to years ago. Von will have to be strong to avoid the MJ. Hope he does it right.

KingGondo

Banned
Honestly, this is bullshit. Browns fans need to stop using him as a punching bag for the Holmgren era. His last INT was bad, but there's no need for this kind of shit.

QB A: 202 yds, 0 TDs, 1 INT (which ended the game)
QB B: 292 yds, 2 TDs, 2 INT (1 of which ended the game)

QB A: Andrew Luck
QB B: Brandon Weeden

I understand the frustration of Browns fans, and that includes me. The second half performance was shitty, but putting it all on Weeden is also complete bullshit.

Fuck it. I hope they start Jason Campbell so they'll realize their offensive issues extend far beyond the QB position. Or bring back Colt McCoy. I'm sure some fans would absolutely love that.

gutshot

Yeah I don't trust Philly to beat any team with a decent QB. They'll outscore bad teams, but they need another offseason to address that D. Still, 6-10 could win the NFCE, so it could be a satisfying bridge season anyway

Does Eli count as a decent QB this year?

I do think it will be a shoot-out but it will be a close game. Let's not forget that Romo is capable of throwing some bone-headed INTs. Ware and Murray being out helps as well. Although Dez Bryant will likely go OFF. It should be a fun game.

That should close the book on whether or not Peyton is a choker. The owner of his former team says he is!

Beyond that, he makes a pretty interesting insight - too much focus on the quarterback is not a good thing. It's no surprise the Polians got the axe after reading this.

Brandon Weeden - why do you suck so incredibly bad given the offensive minded gurus you have surrounding you in Chud and Norv? Why can't you improve? Why can't you throw two accurate passes in a row? Why can't you read defenses pre-snap? What in the HELL were you thinking on the Flipper ball? Oh I'm sorry, were we only granted one question??

Guy brings up good points.

I hate Dallas so I want the Eagles to beat them, but I want Dallas to be the team that wins the division and gets destroyed by GB in the 1st round. I want to see the Eagles focus exclusively on the defense in the offseason, if Foles continues to play well. I would love to see the Eagles pick in the top 10 again next year. Get 2 new safeties and a corner in the draft. The DL is doing a really good job with getting pressure but the DBs cant cover/tackle at all.

Clockwork5

A little red koolaid for this Tuesday morning.

Arrowhead Pride said:
This is not just a really good defense that Kansas City currently employs. At this rate, its one of the best of all time. The Chiefs have 31 sacks on the season, putting them on pace for over 80. The record for sacks in a season was set by the 1984 Chicago Bears, who had 72.

According to PFF, the Chiefs defense has a 101.7 rating. The second rated team is the Seahawks, at 52.3. Do the math, and you have a 49.4 difference. For perspective on that, the Patriots are ranked 15th, coming in at 9.6.

Also at PFF, KC has a rating of 28.9 in pass coverage. No other team has hit 10.5. Hali and Houston rank first and second in the NFL in QB hurries with 39 and 25 respectively, nobody else has above 21. The Chiefs also have 2 of the top 5 cornerbacks in football when judging by QB rating against, with Cooper and Smith coming in spots 2 and 5.

Also first in pts allowed, by a large margin, and first in forced turnovers as well as turnover ratio. Cmon Denver!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom