• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

RyanDG

I swear to god, if Jack Del Rio spends another week playing zone the majority of the game, despite the other team gashing us through the air, I'm going to drive to Denver and stand out in front of Mile High @ Invesco Field with a sign that says "Fire Jack Del Rio", and I will be standing there for the rest of the damn season.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I Schaubed the hot link.

Don't know. Kids will play with this. You can get a new release at TRU now for $130 but screw that. Got this one for $90 with shipping included. Some reason my kids are just now getting into Star Wars and all they talk about is that big AT AT toy

0308.9.2013.jpg

Already got them a POTF X Wing, POTF Vaders Tie Fighter and Obi Wans Jedi Starfighter. I spoil my kids

Why that AT-AT and not the other big one?

MechDX

Why that AT-AT and not the other big one?

The one from 2010 with the clone trooper in the top corner? Too expensive, they go for around $130-150. The Power of the Force ones can be had for less than a $100 if you look enough. I got mine for $70 before shipping

The new model that Toys R Us is carrying now goes for $129.99.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Fuck it.

If we win another game Ill be shocked.

Thanks to your 2nd division placement last year, you guys have the hardest remaining schedule in the NFC North! I don't think there's a winnable game for you guys left. Maybe if you're lucky the Lions won't play their starters in Week 17 and you'll avoid a blowout.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Thanks to your 2nd division placement last year, you guys have the hardest remaining schedule in the NFC North! I don't think there's a winnable game for you guys left. Maybe if you're lucky the Lions won't play their starters in Week 17 and you'll avoid a blowout.

Nah we will lose. We blow heres to a long term for the worse.

cdyhybrid

Thu Oct 24
8:25 pm Carolina Panthers Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Sun Oct 27
1:00 pm Buffalo Bills New Orleans Saints
1:00 pm Cleveland Browns Kansas City Chiefs
1:00 pm Dallas Cowboys Detroit Lions
1:00 pm Miami Dolphins New England Patriots
1:00 pm New York Giants Philadelphia Eagles
1:00 pm San Francisco 49ers Jacksonville Jaguars
4:05 pm New York Jets Cincinnati Bengals
4:05 pm Pittsburgh Steelers Oakland Raiders
4:25 pm Atlanta Falcons Arizona Cardinals
4:25 pm Washington Redskins Denver Broncos
8:30 pm Green Bay Packers Minnesota Vikings

Mon Oct 28
8:40 pm Seattle Seahawks St. Louis Rams

Go Hawks

Gobias

Banned
Thankfully I didn't have to watch the Brows game. Christ, Campbell might be better, not that it matters.

We better do all we can to draft a good qb, although we'll probably just wait around and pick a shit one.

Milchjon

So my Browns/Packers recap:

I DROVE FUCKING 12 HOURS TO WATCH WEEDEN AND THE BROWNS PLAY SO TERRIBLY!

tumblr_m9bnozf1up1rtmazu_zps77f58b3a.gif

But it was all worth it. I'd still do it again, absolutely fantastic to finally see my Brownies in person. Also amazed at how many Browns fans I saw there, the theme after the game seemed to be "well there's always next week..." :jnc

I will say Green Bay and the fans there are all classy as fuck. I got chirped of course but everyone was so nice and welcoming.

Highlights:

• One lady sitting next to me and my friend kept laughing at how much I was pained over my poor team. She even bought me a beer because she was impressed I would still follow this team.
  • I boarded a bus filled with only Packers fans, they all clapped and cheered at me for being brave enough to board.
  • Talking with a Browns fan outside of the washrooms and both of us shaking our heads over how little faith we have in Weeden. The goal was he'd give us at least 2 quarters of good football...
  • What I believed to be a sconi was on one of those red scooter things going down the street.

A photo from after the game:

WARNING DO NOT CLICK IF YOU STILL WANT TO BELIEVE I'M A GREY CAT!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/kiwipanda/1377446_10100461937008210_2014341874_n_zps1a221452.jpg

Awwww.

Didn't you have some kind of
sexy
bet going with her?

I Schaubed the hot link.

Don't know. Kids will play with this. You can get a new release at TRU now for $130 but screw that. Got this one for $90 with shipping included. Some reason my kids are just now getting into Star Wars and all they talk about is that big AT AT toy

0308.9.2013.jpg

Already got them a POTF X Wing, POTF Vaders Tie Fighter and Obi Wans Jedi Starfighter. I spoil my kids
The force is strong in this Jedi.. Well done...

Speaking of Star Wars, family guy version of star wars is on right now

So my Browns/Packers recap:

I DROVE FUCKING 12 HOURS TO WATCH WEEDEN AND THE BROWNS PLAY SO TERRIBLY!

tumblr_m9bnozf1up1rtmazu_zps77f58b3a.gif

But it was all worth it. I'd still do it again, absolutely fantastic to finally see my Brownies in person. Also amazed at how many Browns fans I saw there, the theme after the game seemed to be "well there's always next week..." :jnc

I will say Green Bay and the fans there are all classy as fuck. I got chirped of course but everyone was so nice and welcoming.

Highlights:

• One lady sitting next to me and my friend kept laughing at how much I was pained over my poor team. She even bought me a beer because she was impressed I would still follow this team.
  • I boarded a bus filled with only Packers fans, they all clapped and cheered at me for being brave enough to board.
  • Talking with a Browns fan outside of the washrooms and both of us shaking our heads over how little faith we have in Weeden. The goal was he'd give us at least 2 quarters of good football...
    [*]What I believed to be a sconi was on one of those red scooter things going down the street.

A photo from after the game:

WARNING DO NOT CLICK IF YOU STILL WANT TO BELIEVE I'M A GREY CAT!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/kiwipanda/1377446_10100461937008210_2014341874_n_zps1a221452.jpg

The highlights were beautiful :jnc

Good to hear you had fun!

Miguel

I've never even been to an NFL game. Been to at least 50 college games between FSU (student and lived there a few years after) and UT (season tix the last 3 years) but no Bucs games when I lived in Orlando (no ride or money) and no Bears when in Chicago (too expensive). Some day I'll go to one. Surely.

Come see Keenum vs the Colts!

sonicmj1

I hear the Giants won a football game. Time for me to watch it, and see my team earn a victory.

I can't wait to leave this game and feel hopeful about the Giants chances during the second half of the season!

sonicmj1

I'm in the middle of the third quarter.

Well, I guess we can beat a completely non-functional offense if we get lucky with turnovers.

Three wins would be an undeserved blessing for this team.

cajunator

Banned
Thu Oct 24
8:25 pm Carolina Panthers Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Sun Oct 27
1:00 pm Buffalo Bills New Orleans Saints
1:00 pm Cleveland Browns Kansas City Chiefs
1:00 pm Dallas Cowboys Detroit Lions
1:00 pm Miami Dolphins New England Patriots
1:00 pm New York Giants Philadelphia Eagles
1:00 pm San Francisco 49ers Jacksonville Jaguars
4:05 pm New York Jets Cincinnati Bengals
4:05 pm Pittsburgh Steelers Oakland Raiders
4:25 pm Atlanta Falcons Arizona Cardinals
4:25 pm Washington Redskins Denver Broncos
8:30 pm Green Bay Packers Minnesota Vikings

Mon Oct 28
8:40 pm Seattle Seahawks St. Louis Rams

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Must win game for the Lions, which means they'll lose it.

Have faith brother. Demarcus Ware and Demarco Murray are out which helps us, but its still going to be a tough game. I`m expecting 60+ points combined but our defense has to produce some turnovers which we did not last week.

Regardless:

Dallas Cowboys at Detroit Lions

eznark

Banned
Minnesota should run the Badger Barge formation. 7 lineman, 3 tight ends and a running back. When all of our QB's were hurt last year we ran it and it was awesome! We also ran it against Nebraska just to shit on them for laughs.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I don't think Jason Campbell is better than Weeden but at this point I think we gotta give him a shot. What's the worst that can happen?

Also just remembering it, Weeden needs to be benched for the sole reason he threw that ridiculous underhand pass again on Sunday.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Of Briggs hadn't gotten hurt I would've liked the Bears chances. They got a lot better with that scrotum tear.

It's not going to take long for the other teams to figure McCown out and play to his weaknesses. And since the Bears are going into a bye week followed by 2 divisional games of all things, McCown won't get the chance to be very effective. And once he's figured out, his lack of athleticism compared to Cutler is going to hurt.

Of course Briggs is the bigger issue. McCown will be serviceable but the defense is tailspinning to disaster already. Rodgers is gonna destroy the Bears D

Narag

McAfee said the ref said he wanted the doctor to check him after that hit as it was "big." Lol He's on bob & Tom right now

jmdajr

Man, so much Texans news...I wish some of it was good.
Catching up here....

Lose game by a point.
Cushing is done..again
Foster is hurt..again
Tate is hurt... again.
3 people fired from the team, which could have helped Sunday
Bum Phillips is dead.

And somehow, Keenum is not our QB yet.

Am I supposed to be happy Bud Adams is gone? God upstairs, that doesn't help me.

Miguel

Man, so much Texans news...I wish some of it was good.
Catching up here....

Lose game by a point.
Cushing is done..again
Foster is hurt..again
Tate is hurt... again.
3 people fired from the team, which could have helped Sunday
Bum Phillips is dead.

And somehow, Keenum is not our QB yet.

Am I supposed to be happy Bud Adams is gone? God upstairs, that doesn't help me.

I really want one of these... Thinking about throwing caution to the wind and buying it, which guarantees Keenum will never play another down again.

memNBwf.jpg

Top Bottom