• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

Miguel

Yup no doubt that's what will happen.

SMPCdVBl.jpg

So Mike and Mike this morning were saying that the Vikings coach didnt want to play Freeman but that he was forced to. I wonder how much truth there is to that?

Smokey

I just noticed next texans game is on SNF against indy

Kind of want schaub to play now to continue his string of meltdowns on national tv

gutshot

Last night's game was just another example of why Thursday Night Football sucks. Can't wait for the real games to start in a couple days!

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
from last thread, yesterday
"This team has been decimated by injuries, we cannot expect anyone to succeed under the circumstances. We will continue with Gary in 2014 with a healthy roster and get the ox out of the ditch."
what do you expect him to say? he's not gonna say yup, kubes is gone, i just haven't told him yet. I would bet money that the only way he keeps his job is if this team somehow makes the playoffs, which is not gonna happen.

Also the team wasn't decimated by injuries when the coaching staff let Schaub throw 4 consecutive pick sixes.

So Ben tate has 4 broken ribs.. Foster has a bad hamstring.. Cierre wood was cut today

Tank da season. Suck for whoever and a new coach
Damn, hadn't heard about the Tate news.

I just noticed next texans game is on SNF against indy

Kind of want schaub to play now to continue his string of meltdowns on national tv
Hey, you should be rooting for Schaub to start, pretty much guarantee's Kubes is gone.

For all you beer drinkers that love a frosty mug with your beer. I put a couple of these on the wedding registry, cause you know almost everything else is girly shit.

These things are way better than a regular glass mug, keeps the drink colder much longer. Bonus points if its for your team that sucks and your drinking your sorrows away.
4132Ct4TBxL_zps390e75ed.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000RHV7IU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Yeah. I cant get over that pic, I look at it all the time. On the bigger version you can actually see her arm bones to. It is wild to me how well they can see the bones on stuff like that.

Yeah it's pretty amazing, especially since what you're looking at is half the size of a baseball.

I show my daughter her sonogram pictures and tell her that's her and she looks at me funny.

bionic77

So my Browns/Packers recap:

I DROVE FUCKING 12 HOURS TO WATCH WEEDEN AND THE BROWNS PLAY SO TERRIBLY!

tumblr_m9bnozf1up1rtmazu_zps77f58b3a.gif

But it was all worth it. I'd still do it again, absolutely fantastic to finally see my Brownies in person. Also amazed at how many Browns fans I saw there, the theme after the game seemed to be "well there's always next week..." :jnc

I will say Green Bay and the fans there are all classy as fuck. I got chirped of course but everyone was so nice and welcoming.

Highlights:

• One lady sitting next to me and my friend kept laughing at how much I was pained over my poor team. She even bought me a beer because she was impressed I would still follow this team.
  • I boarded a bus filled with only Packers fans, they all clapped and cheered at me for being brave enough to board.
  • Talking with a Browns fan outside of the washrooms and both of us shaking our heads over how little faith we have in Weeden. The goal was he'd give us at least 2 quarters of good football...
  • What I believed to be a sconi was on one of those red scooter things going down the street.

A photo from after the game:

WARNING DO NOT CLICK IF YOU STILL WANT TO BELIEVE I'M A GREY CAT!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/kiwipanda/1377446_10100461937008210_2014341874_n_zps1a221452.jpg
I should never have clicked on that picture. :(

I propose that this link and picture both be destroyed.

bionic77

Has Ben ever won in Oakland? I don't think he has. First time for everything!
It is going to be hilarious to see how excited we all get to be 3-4.

How the mighty have fallen!

At least we look like an NFL team again. Even though the Giants have a win on the board I am not sure I can say that about them. Jesus that game was horrible. I was flipping through the channels and saw Say Anything and was tempted to start watching it but I just said fuck it and went to sleep. Not a good sign when a bad 80s movie I loved as a teenager is more tempting than a football game!

BigAT

Some guy tweeted death threats at Brandon Jacobs yesterday, threatening him and his family if Jacobs didn't do well for his fantasy team last night (Jacobs was inactive due to injury).

BXLjnVUIUAArPdO.jpg

The guy went full bitch mode though as soon as Jacobs retweeted and exposed him:

"Gotta change my @ and everything for a couple days.."

"@gatorboyrb BRUH STOP PLAYING ... YOU KNOW THAT AINT SERIOUS AND I APOLOGIZE. PLEASE ACCEPT ?"

"@gatorboyrb BRANDON.. CAN YOU AT LEAST TALK ABOUT IT TO ME I REALLY DIDNT MEAN IT"

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/...d_by_disgruntled_fantasy_football_player.html

Thu Oct 24
8:25 pm Carolina Panthers Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Sun Oct 27
1:00 pm Buffalo Bills New Orleans Saints
1:00 pm Cleveland Browns Kansas City Chiefs
1:00 pm Dallas Cowboys Detroit Lions
1:00 pm Miami Dolphins New England Patriots
1:00 pm New York Giants Philadelphia Eagles
1:00 pm San Francisco 49ers Jacksonville Jaguars
4:05 pm New York Jets Cincinnati Bengals
4:05 pm Pittsburgh Steelers Oakland Raiders
4:25 pm Atlanta Falcons Arizona Cardinals
4:25 pm Washington Redskins Denver Broncos
8:30 pm Green Bay Packers Minnesota Vikings

Mon Oct 28
8:40 pm Seattle Seahawks St. Louis Rams

The dream is dead.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I should never have clicked on that picture. :(

I propose that this link and picture both be destroyed.

The dream is dead.

HAH I fooled you all, that's not me at all. I used photoshop to appear to be a black man.

Truth is here is the REAL photo:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/kiwipanda/realkaveman_zps217bd088.jpg

I have gone back and edited in the real photo in my original post. Sorry for fooling you all with my amazing photoshop skills.

I just got this from the TV show thread:

@Stus_Views 4m
Broncos-Colts posted a 17.3 overnight rating and 29 share, marking the best primetime overnight for an October NFL game in 15 years.

gutshot

Almost every single Eagles beat writer is reporting that Michael Vick will start against the Giants, despite not being 100%.

bionic77

HAH I fooled you all, that's not me at all. I used photoshop to appear to be a black man.

I have gone back and edited in the real photo in my original post. Sorry for fooling you all with my amazing photoshop skills.
You did fool me, but I did know something was off about that picture.

I could not figure out what it was until now. There is no way that a black man could lay hands on a white woman in that stadium without causing a riot. Now it all makes sense.

Almost every single Eagles beat writer is reporting that Michael Vick will start against the Giants, despite not being 100%.

I am really surprised by that. Adam Caplan made it sound like he was a long shot on Eagles Live yesterday. He said he tried to push it on Thursday of last week but had a set back and that was why he was inactive against the Cowboys. Hope they are not rushing him back. Just let Barkely take the loss if Vick isnt ready.

KingGondo

Banned

I knew it!

You almost had me with that original pic, but I knew something was fishy.

bionic77 said:
I could not figure out what it was until now. There is no way that a black man could lay hands on a white woman in that stadium without causing a riot. Now it all makes sense.
Oh shit. :jnc

Nightz

Go Chargers! Bye week came at the right time with so many key players injured. Hopefully they come back strong after the week off.

Some PFF stats from last night:

Justin Tuck got the Giants only sack of Freeman, but Pro Football Focus said Tuck, Shaun Rogers and Jason Pierre-Paul combined for 20 pressures. A Rogers' pressure led to a third-quarter interception, which negated a Rueben Randle fumble. Rogers' six pressures in 19 pass rush snaps earned him PFF's highest pass-rushing productivity score of the week, a 23.7. I guess this is why Rogers was playing and rookie Johnathan Hankins was inactive.

I'd still like to see Hankins get more snaps but there's a big STFU for those of us who were calling for him to play over Rogers last night.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

:jnc

You got jokes!

:jnc

Pats sign Andre Carter. He was very good in New England until he got hurt.

Hmmm, wonder what he has left in the tank. He was a stud, but that was 2 (3?) years ago already. Still, can't hurt to add a veteran player to that DL.

gutshot

I am really surprised by that. Adam Caplan made it sound like he was a long shot on Eagles Live yesterday. He said he tried to push it on Thursday of last week but had a set back and that was why he was inactive against the Cowboys. Hope they are not rushing him back. Just let Barkely take the loss if Vick isnt ready.

Really? I was pretty certain he'd be back out there once Foles got knocked out. Chip can't really in good faith put the rookie out there when an 80% Vick gives them a better chance to win. My guess is there won't be much zone read and that there will be a lot of designed runs and quick passes.

Top Bottom