• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

BigAT

nfln says JaMarcus Russell is still too fat to come back

qa9bN.jpg

"But I'm not!"

Wes

venison crêpe
Seems I left IRC on overnight.

[03:50:10] <Freeman> Where's Chan
[03:53:29] <~snesfreak> Hopefully being deported

Why did they have Freeman throw 53 times? Are the Vikings trying to tank?

The Giants weren't going to give Peterson an inch to run. Running 8-9 men in the box on every play is basically daring the other team to pass.

They guessed that Freeman wasn't going to be able to beat them through the air, and they guessed right.

rando14

Glad to hear you had a great time, Kave! Did you pick up any trinkets?

The Giants weren't going to give Peterson an inch to run. Running 8-9 men in the box on every play is basically daring the other team to pass.

They guessed that Freeman wasn't going to be able to beat them through the air, and they guessed right.

100% correct. Freeman had like 10 days to learn the playbook to run that (already crappy) offense, and the Giants called their bluff.

Draxal

Some PFF stats from last night:

I'd still like to see Hankins get more snaps but there's a big STFU for those of us who were calling for him to play over Rogers last night.

The Hankins thing is more of playing for the future. I have no confidence in the Giants winning another game with how poor their interior oline is.

Bowser

hahahaahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

what you laughing at bro?

Luke Kuechly might not have the highest tackle total, or the most sacks but he's still one of the best linebackers in the NFL.

Pro Football Focus updated their player grades following week six, and Kuechly stands above the rest at a +8.1 grade on the season -- best in the NFL.

The evolution of Kuechly has been from tackling machine to all-around star. He's playing much better football this year, despite having less eye-popping plays in 2013. This can often be a hard idea to grasp, especially given that we've become conditioned to equating statistics with success.

Kuechly finished with a +5.2 rating last year on the back of stellar run stopping play. He graded at +8.8, mitigating his struggles in coverage and as a pass rusher. This season he's able to make plays in both phases of the game, stopping runs at almost an equal rate (+6.2) while improving his pass coverage to being a strength, now at +2.5. Kuechly is allowing just 7.8 yards per reception in coverage, third among 4-3 middle linebackers.

The Panthers' middle linebacker will never evolve into a true pass rusher, it's not his game. Kuechly tends to get lost in the pile without a great way of fighting his way into the backfield, but that's really not an issue if your outside linebackers and defensive line can get pressure.

Where he's winning the most is making stops. These are defined by Pro Football Focus as:

Stops are what we judge to be tackles that prevent an offensive success (defined as gaining 40% of required yardage on first down, 60% on second down, and the entire required yardage on third or fourth).

In short: Stops are more important the tackles. They define how a player is making plays, rather than being the last man in and adding an assist. This season Kuechly has an astonishing 24 stops on 31 tackles, a stop rate of over 77-percent. This is a huge number, and by comparison Sean Lee of the Dallas Cowboys has a stop rate of 45-percent, while Patrick Willis is at 50-percent.

Enjoy what you're seeing Carolina Panthers' fans, even if it doesn't pop off the screen. Luke Kuechly is having a season for the ages, and it's fun to watch.

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2013/10/15/4840584/luke-kuechly-best-linebacker-pff

I wish the skins would just cut Meriweather. He's a prick and he's not even that good. Kerry Rhodes can't get a job but Meriweatjer stays employed?

Chili

I wish the skins would just cut Meriweather. He's a prick and he's not even that good. Kerry Rhodes can't get a job but Meriweatjer stays employed?

Frankly, I'm amazed that he's only injured three players this season. He has attempted (and completely missed) at least six or seven other launches at players. Despicable player, embarrassed to have him on the team.

Go Cards! We rule the skies this week!

8:25 pm Carolina Panthers Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Sun Oct 27
1:00 pm Buffalo Bills New Orleans Saints
1:00 pm Cleveland Browns Kansas City Chiefs
1:00 pm Dallas Cowboys Detroit Lions
1:00 pm Miami Dolphins New England Patriots
1:00 pm New York Giants Philadelphia Eagles
1:00 pm San Francisco 49ers Jacksonville Jaguars
4:05 pm New York Jets Cincinnati Bengals
4:05 pm Pittsburgh Steelers Oakland Raiders
4:25 pm Atlanta Falcons Arizona Cardinals
4:25 pm Washington Redskins Denver Broncos
8:30 pm Green Bay Packers Minnesota Vikings

Mon Oct 28
8:40 pm Seattle Seahawks St. Louis Rams

Omega

Banned
they should add 2 games for trying to appeal it

i don't see why they don't.

Make it a risk/reward thing. You lose, you double your suspension. Hopefully it cuts down on all these stupid players appealing shit they have no right to.

Top Bottom