• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

LJ11

Hell of a hook up on the winning TD. Not even sure how you can stop that other than the BB Gonzo defense

Benjamin has a step ladder, not even fair. Winston didn't target him much either.

Rough game for Winston, but he pulled it out, his OL wasn't good but he was shaky in the pocket, looked so flustered.

Jernigan's best game, even if he was completely gassed, dominated often. Still have to worry about his consistency, he's hot and cold.

Malzahn is one hell of a coach, you switch squads and Jimbo gets 70 put on him.

simples

Banned
I take it back

Winston sounds like a dumbass on the mic and a contender for the Jamarcus Russell drank club

rg3 is still the prodigal son

It's so weird. Steve Smith started his career and made his mark as a little dude who wasn't scared of going over the middle. That doesn't even mean anything to kids gata's age. They just assume it was always like this

Sooner than later there's going to be a height requirement for receivers drafted before the 3rd.

squicken

Benjamin has a step ladder, not even fair. Winston didn't target him much either.

Rough game for Winston, but he pulled it out, his OL wasn't good but he was shaky in the pocket, looked so flustered.

Jernigan's best game, even if he was completely gassed, dominated often. Still have to worry about his consistency, he's hot and cold.

Malzahn is one hell of a coach, you switch squads and Jimbo gets 70 put on him.

It's so weird b/c Auburn's defense is crap. Even the winning drive was a short pass to a WR who made a play.

There was an INT early in the game where Benjamin let a DB undercut him, and I wonder if Winston lost confidence in him after that.

Lots of Twitter talk about Marshall struggling with his reads. Just seemed like they got stuffed on all their inside runs. Almost a reverse of Oregon-Auburn

Talon

Jernigan kicked ass in the 3rd quarter. Also, he's way shorter than I thought.

Sort of crappy that Jameis is going to take all the credit, but that was a fully team effort at all three phases of the game in the second half. Defense turned it on in the second half. Special teams provided the spark. Gave offense the opportunity with a one score game.

Auburn's achilles heel was big plays all year, and that came to roost on that last play. Can't let that happen on the most crucial drive of the game.

That LB 11 (17?) for Auburn made an impression. He kept contain consistently all game and was running sideline to sideline really well.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Reposting from earlier:

I need community input for prison bios: Coldplay619 (Bengals), JABEE (Eagles), TheBatman (Browns), Futurevoid (Giants), Bread (Pats), and Greg (Packers).

Taking suggestions/contributions from anyone, otherwise I'll be trolling post histories combined with GAF team stereotypes to come up with an appropriate mocking bio. 250 char limit!

squicken

Sort of crappy that Jameis is going to take all the credit, but that was a fully team effort at all three phases of the game in the second half. Defense turned it on in the second half. Special teams provided the spark. Gave offense the opportunity with a one score game..

I can't believe he said he put his team on his back. 98 yards passing before the last drive

His line didn't play well, but Winston looked exceptionally bad when Auburn brought pressure.

Tucked it every time he scrambled too, which you don't like to see.

One thing I noticed is that he brings the ball below his chest before he throws. They'll probably correct it, but that's some Byron Leftwich tier shit mechanics.

Talon

I can't believe he said he put his team on his back. 98 yards passing before the last drive
I think my turn on Jameis is officially my quickest turn on an athlete in history.

In September, I thought he was Jesus incarnate.

Come October, shit got very shady.

Come January, I've turned my back on him completely...at the buffet line.

LJ11

It's so weird b/c Auburn's defense is crap. Even the winning drive was a short pass to a WR who made a play.

There was an INT early in the game where Benjamin let a DB undercut him, and I wonder if Winston lost confidence in him after that.

Lots of Twitter talk about Marshall struggling with his reads. Just seemed like they got stuffed on all their inside runs. Almost a reverse of Oregon-Auburn

Auburn's defense was a 180 from the regular season, they came out thumping, aggressive and were flying around. Credit to the coaches for getting them prepared. However, I do think if you go back and watch, Jameis was late a ton, was waiting for receivers to get open instead of anticipating. DBs were breaking on ball in that first half, just like they undercut Benjamin on that one curl with S robbing the middle. Benjamin also had that easy drop for a first.

Green has been working teams all season long on those short curls, slant, crosses, does a good job over the middle. He scored against Clemson on a very similar play, might have been a curl though, they just get him isolated a lot and he's pretty fast, one false move by the DB and it'll cost you.

Not sure I would have called that PI, but I love some contact, it's hard to defend that play, nothing the DB could do, played it as best he could.

Edit: Agree, about Auburn's backers, they played well , Casanova had a good game as well. T.Smith did a good job on some of those inside runs for FSU, but Jernigan made his job easier tonight.

Mason's a good back, love him, bowling ball with great vision.

Nameless

Nfl Gaf we doin it big ya heard?

Clinton_Portis__2_legit_2_quit.gif

squicken

Mason's a good back, love him, bowling ball with great vision.

Yes! Liked FSU's two RBs as well. Don't see a first round RB but I think there will be a frenzy of guys in rounds 2 and 3. Credit to Eddie Lacy for reminding everyone what a difference making back can really do

Yes! Liked FSU's two RBs as well. Don't see a first round RB but I think there will be a frenzy of guys in rounds 2 and 3. Credit to Eddie Lacy for reminding everyone what a difference making back can really do
I think there's tons of good rbs about to be in this draft.

Top Bottom