• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

ShaneB

The overnight posts show that when people go without a new Buckethead thread they get stir crazy.

I was wondering why there is no new thread yet =(

Get more nervous about the game with each day. Brees is unpredictable and could have a monster game.

Surgery on Gronk? Speaking of defiling corpses...

MK0OU0B.gif

Twitter lied to me then!

I was wondering why there is no new thread yet =(

Get more nervous about the game with each day. Brees is unpredictable and could have a monster game.

Eagles have the 32nd ranked pass defense and they shut him down for the most part. Of course they had to leave themselves open to the Saints running the ball to do it, but the Seahawks pass defense is so good you guys wont have any trouble at all stopping him. I think that game is going to be a huge blowout.

Of these 8 teams, who would you want to see on Hard Knocks?

Arizona Cardinals
Buffalo Bills
Chicago Bears
Jacksonville Jaguars
New York Giants
Oakland Raiders
Pittsburgh Steelers
St. Louis Rams

If Coughlin was around; I'd go with the Giants. If he isn't, I'd go with the Raiders.

If no team volunteers for Hard Knocks, the NFL can force one of these teams to show up on the show
I've said it before - as a fan I'd love to see the Giants but I know how much Coughlin and the organization hates the distraction and frankly I don't blame them. Almost makes it worth it to see Coughlin get even more pissy with cameras all over his practice facility.:D

Just wait until next year when the Patriots lose most of their top offensive players and lose a lot of the starters on defense.

Every year Brady gets a year older. The Cheat can only prop him up for so long. Even before all the injuries he was having a down year this year. Pats will be bottom of the AFCE at some point in the near future.

Draxal

I've said it before - as a fan I'd love to see the Giants but I know how much Coughlin and the organization hates the distraction and frankly I don't blame them. Almost makes it worth it to see Coughlin get even more pissy with cameras all over his practice facility.:D

Yeah, I don't think the Giants have many interesting personaliies besides Rolle ( I love Eli but he is Captain Boring), but this forced upon Coughlin would be such a train wreck that I would have to watch it.

ShaneB

Eagles have the 32nd ranked pass defense and they shut him down for the most part. Of course they had to leave themselves open to the Saints running the ball to do it, but the Seahawks pass defense is so good you guys wont have any trouble at all stopping him. I think that game is going to be a huge blowout.

I'm forever the pessimist. All signs and stats can point towards another romp, but as was the unpredictable wild card weekend, I always keep open the possiblity that more crazy playoff things will happen.

I think it will be a lot closer this time, but who knows!

Of these 8 teams, who would you want to see on Hard Knocks?

Arizona Cardinals
Buffalo Bills
Chicago Bears
Jacksonville Jaguars
New York Giants
Oakland Raiders
Pittsburgh Steelers
St. Louis Rams

If Coughlin was around; I'd go with the Giants. If he isn't, I'd go with the Raiders.

If no team volunteers for Hard Knocks, the NFL can force one of these teams to show up on the show

Steelers, Bears or Giants. No one gives a shit about the rest of those teams besides the people that live in them. And people in STL don't really give a shit about the Rams at that.

Every year Brady gets a year older. The Cheat can only prop him up for so long. Even before all the injuries he was having a down year this year. Pats will be bottom of the AFCE at some point in the near future.

Even before the injuries? The injuries have been there from day 1 and the guy the offense was gonna be build around decided to kill a man. Even with all the injuries we are a better team than the Eagles. Now show some damn respect.

I wanna see the Bears, just because of Cutler.

Brady plays at least 2 more years. By then Belichick will have his successor in place.

eznark

Banned
Steelers, Bears or Giants. No one gives a shit about the rest of those teams besides the people that live in them. And people in STL don't really give a shit about the Rams at that.

No one gives a shit about the Dolphins either and that was entertaining as hell.

Even before the injuries? The injuries have been there from day 1 and the guy the offense was gonna be build around decided to kill a man. Even with all the injuries we are a better team than the Eagles. Now show some damn respect.

Could you possibly set the bar any lower? Eagles are in year 1 of a huge rebuilding project and coming off a 4-12 season with a coach with no prior NFL experience. Good job being better then the Eagles this one year because that will not be the case going forward.

eznark

Banned
Could you possibly set the bar any lower? Eagles are in year 1 of a huge rebuilding project and coming off a 4-12 season with a coach with no prior NFL experience. Good job being better then the Eagles this one year because that will not be the case going forward.

lol

Draxal

I think it would have to be the Steelers or the Giants, everybody knows Rooney Mara rules the NFL with an iron fist, and they might have to take the blow for the good of the league.

And as much as the Maras would hate being on HBO, Steve Tisch would LOVE it.

MechDX

Every year someone says this and every year the damn Pats win the division. Seriously the AFC East is a freaking mess.

Jets?- lame duck coach next year
Bills?- Bills
Dolphins?- spineless

Pats will win 11 games AGAIN after they sign Jimmy graham as a FA

We have been better than the Eagles for the last 15 years and will be for the next 15 years as well.

We will see and I dont mean that like the Eagles are going to be great I just think when teams get old they good from good to bad really fast. The Cheat and Brady have been able to cover up a lot of holes but they will not be able to do that forever. One of these days they are going to collapse.

eznark

Banned
We will see and I dont mean that like the Eagles are going to be great I just think when teams get old they good from good to bad really fast. The Cheat and Brady have been able to cover up a lot of holes but they will not be able to do that forever. One of these days they are going to collapse.

Eagles had a lot of things go right for them this year. Feels like next year is going to be a collapse year unless Foles is actually a Golden God. It's so hard to avoid injuries two years in a row and lets be honest, one injured receiver is not terribly impactful (unless you are Matt Stafford).

dionysus

Yaldog
I'm forever the pessimist. All signs and stats can point towards another romp, but as was the unpredictable wild card weekend, I always keep open the possiblity that more crazy playoff things will happen.

I think it will be a lot closer this time, but who knows!

We have no hope. Popeyes on the Saints plane ride can't overcome a whole season of deer antler spray for the Seahawks.

andthebeatgoeson

Eagles fans on another board I frequent are talking about trading away DJax and resigning Maclin and Cooper and then using a high draft pick on a WR. One guy wanted to trade DeSean to the Niners for LaMichael James and a 2nd round pick.

WTF

I love all my fellow Eagles fans, but sometimes they can be so fucking retarded.

EDIT: On a related note, it looks like DeSean is backpedaling a little bit on this new contract talk. At least, I think that is what he is trying to say in this Instagram post.

09b97cc6774d11e386e80e4f1a9e4cfd_8.jpg
So, same thing we've known about him: really good talent who's mouth gets him into trouble.

His quote:

I'm going into the third year of my deal," Jackson said. "I feel deserving [of a raise]. I feel my agent [Joel Segal] is a great agent who will be able to do what he needs to do to maybe work something out. We'll see how it goes.

"I feel I've proven everything on the field as far as doing the things on the field that the top receivers do. I feel I'm right there near the top. With no distractions, I really put it out there for my teammates."

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...n_wants_new_contract.html#RtuRYxYwbGSQgLIr.99

If he would have left it at, 'I feel deserving', there is not much to report. Bringing up his agent just leave him without a way to deny it. He's just not socially smart. After asking for a new contact multiple times, that question was a setup. We will see. He needs to just keep putting up numbers like this year.

We have been better than the Eagles for the last 15 years and will be for the next 15 years as well.

By what metric? Neither team has won a SB over that span and the Pats have only been to 2 legitimately while the Eagles went to one and would have won it if not for a disgusting act of cheating. I am honestly shocked that you think the Pats will continue their success for the next 15 years. Dont let the Colts fool you, most teams go down for a while once they lose their franchise QB. Mallett is not the answer and there is no way to be sure that they will find someone else.

PFF on how bad the Bears D was this year.

Overall the Bears defensive grade was -186.4, 2nd worst was -94.4.

The team run defense grade was -135.2, 2nd worst was -66.8.

We had the last ranked player in run defense at end (Mcclellin), LB (anderson), and the last 2 ranked safeties (Conte, Wright)

That sounds about right. Mel Tucker really needs to go. Conte, Wright and McClellin weren't great, but they completely fell off a cliff with Tucker at the helm. The guy has no idea how to develop players or how to call plays. He's just horrible all around. It's a shame he'll be back. Maybe with another year in the system, the offense can put up 40+ a game so we can finish above ,500.

By what metric? Neither team has won a SB over that span and the Pats have only been to 2 legitimately while the Eagles went to one and would have won it if not for a disgusting act of cheating. I am honestly shocked that you think the Pats will continue their success for the next 15 years. Dont let the Colts fool you, most teams go down for a while once they lose their franchise QB. Mallett is not the answer and there is no way to be sure that they will find someone else.

By every metric.

Also, I never said we will continue this kind of succes. I just said that we will be better than the Eagles, and like you said, not a lower standard out there.

Remember when the Eagles lost to the VIkings? What the fuck was that about?

Taking a team lightly. I know several Eagles came out after that game and said they thought it would be an easy win. That was a really bad loss though, luckily Romo's December powers made it not matter.

By every metric.

Also, I never said we will continue this kind of succes. I just said that we will be better than the Eagles, and like you said, not a lower standard out there.

It was a low bar this year, no idea about going forward. I do know the Eagles wont have the worst record in football next year if that is what you were trying to imply.

eznark

Banned
Taking a team lightly. I know several Eagles came out after that game and said they thought it would be an easy win. That was a really bad loss though, luckily Romo's December powers made it not matter.

They had such a soft schedule (partly through luck, I mean not having to play Rodgers and RGIII sucking and Eli going full retard...no one expected that) and no injuries. I just feel like almost by attrition next year will be a down one. Going on the road to play Arizona, Green Bay, Houston (they'll be much better), Indianapolis and San Francisco? Panthers and Seahawks at home? I don't see them winning any of those games. And then even if we assume the Eagles are the best NFCN team I always give away at least two of those games (hard to sweep the division).

I see 9 losses without trying very hard.

It was a low bar this year, no idea about going forward. I do know the Eagles wont have the worst record in football next year if that is what you were trying to imply.

We are winners. We find a way to win. You guys are losers, you did a way to lose.

That's why we will be better, don't think you guys will have the worst record in football.

Pats-GAF has been too nice, you guys like us too much and some are actually rooting for us. Time to up the asshole level :D!

MechDX

We are winners. We find a way to win. You guys are losers, you did a way to lose.

That's why we will be better, don't think you guys will have the worst record in football.

Pats-GAF has been too nice, you guys like us too much and some are actually rooting for us. Time to up the asshole level :D!

o1MAqk3.jpg

#PATRIOTSWAY #FREEMALLET

Top Bottom