• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

LevelNth

Banned
Pack and Pats both deserve to go to the show, and that would unquestionably be the best SB matchup.

The regular season game was awesome. A SB would be insane.

Respect

Special thanks to Amendola, despite not doing very much for almost 2 full seasons, if you only want to show up for these playoffs and have the best games of your life, I would consider your contract money well spent.

BigAT

But .. But ... but McCourty/Wright/Ryan/Harmon.

I don't want their pure souls corrupted and tainted by an evil ring. Plus McCourty will be winning a ring next year with the Giants, so I can't feel too sorry for him.

Picked a good time to go to my first Rutgers game of the year last night. The RAC was rocking. Where's Relly, isn't he a Badgers fan?

bionic77

We have to unite against the forces of evil.
Without question.

I really don't want to see the Packers win another one, but I would rather they win the next 10 and rename the trophy the Rodgers than see the Patriots ever win a single SB!

TheFatOne

I don't want their pure souls corrupted and tainted by an evil ring. Plus McCourty will be winning a ring next year with the Giants, so I can't feel too sorry for him.

Picked a good time to go to my first Rutgers game of the year last night. The RAC was rocking. Where's Relly, isn't he a Badgers fan?

LOL McCourty is going no where.

MRSA

Banned
Without question.

I really don't want to see the Packers win another one, but I would rather they win the next 10 and rename the trophy the Rodgers than see the Patriots ever win a single SB!

Does that mean we pretend to root for the Colts or Seachickens? I'm hesistant to root for the Colts as Spin might try to make me eat his cooking, rando is a cool dude though. So root for the Seachickens?

Draxal

Just extremely happy for Kone/Jack/Mack they deserved a marquee win, hopefully the donors are still on the bandwagon on updating those facilities.

BigAT

Just extremely happy for Kone/Jack/Mack they deserved a marquee win, hopefully the donors are still on the bandwagon on updating those facilities.

Kone had an amazing game, especially considering how little he has been used lately. A real underrated part of the win last night. Doorson too.

Sanjuro

Special thanks to Amendola, despite not doing very much for almost 2 full seasons, if you only want to show up for these playoffs and have the best games of your life, I would consider your contract money well spent.

The thing about Amendola is he roughly is playing like the player we got on paper. This season saw his production reduced, but with reason. Still fear his butterfingers on the special teams.

bionic77

Does that mean we pretend to root for the Colts or Seachickens? I'm hesistant to root for the Colts as Spin might try to make me eat his cooking, rando is a cool dude though. So root for the Seachickens?
I have no feelings towards either team so they are preferable.

Speaking of Rando, he is supposedly a doctor.

Rando ask your professors today why we gotta have ass hair? I don't see that it serves any purpose other than post-coffee cleanup a pain in the ass!

MRSA

Banned
I have no feelings towards either team so they are preferable.

Speaking of Rando, he is supposedly a doctor.

Rando ask your professors today why we gotta have ass hair? I don't see that it serves any purpose other than post-coffee cleanup a pain in the ass!

Rando is a doctor? Hrmm........rando! I need a new PCP and I have a PPO! All I ask for is narcotics and benzos; you can bill me for whatever you want!

Sephzilla

Literally the only thing I'm clinging on to for hope against Seattle is the idea that Green Bay might finally be "due" for a win in Seattle. I'd like to believe that a gimped Rodgers would cause Seattle's defense to underestimate the Packers, but I don't think their defense would be stupid enough to fall for something like that.

Respect

I know many are already penciling in NE in the SB, but NE's record in rematch games that take place in the playoffs? 4-8 since 2005.

The Colts D was impressive and I would think they are going to use a similar game plan to what they used against DEN. Bottle up the middle to contain the run and play tight man-to-man coverage outside to force Brady to go deep. Brady's deep ball is below average on his best days. Gronk & Lafell are going to have to make some tough catches for NE to have success. With the way IND was tacking, the dink and dunk won't work.

DEN pass rush is superior to NE, no doubt there. And the way IND stonewalled them all game, Luck will have even more time than he had last night against the NE "pass rush." Especially based on the "pass rush" NE generated against BAL Saturday night. On that thought, Chandler Jones should be a magician after football, dude fucking disappeared for a full 60 minutes in front of 80,000 people at the stadium and many more millions watching at home, was quite impressive.

Sephzilla

Everybody is penciling in New England vs Seattle for the Super Bowl and Goodell is probably smiling at the idea of it. Watch him have a breakdown if we get a Colts vs Packers Super Bowl.

Tom Penny

I know many are already penciling in NE in the SB, but NE's record in rematch games that take place in the playoffs? 4-8 since 2005.

The Colts D was impressive and I would think they are going to use a similar game plan to what they used against DEN. Bottle up the middle to contain the run and play tight man-to-man coverage outside to force Brady to go deep. Brady's deep ball is below average on his best days. Gronk & Lafell are going to have to make some tough catches for NE to have success. With the way IND was tacking, the dink and dunk won't work.

DEN pass rush is superior to NE, no doubt there. And the way IND stonewalled them all game, Luck will have even more time than he had last night against the NE "pass rush." Especially based on the "pass rush" NE generated against BAL Saturday night. On that thought, Chandler Jones should be a magician after football, dude fucking disappeared for a full 60 minutes in front of 80,000 people at the stadium and many more millions watching at home, was quite impressive.

Every team has run the defense that you're talking about against the Pats and it's worked because they have been Gronkless. Press man and flooding the middle has been the strategy in the playoffs for years. He's the game changer. No team has ever feared Welker and Edelman beating them with slants.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Everybody is penciling in New England vs Seattle for the Super Bowl and Goodell is probably smiling at the idea of it. Watch him have a breakdown if we get a Colts vs Packers Super Bowl.

If you want to look at it that way then really Goodell only has to worry about the Pats/Colts game then.

Aaron Rodgers and the Packers are a huge draw as well. All he'd care about is the Pats get there.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Packers are easily as big of a draw as the Seahawks, if not bigger. Nobody cares about the Colts though.

Sephzilla

If you want to look at it that way then really Goodell only has to worry about the Pats/Colts game then.

Aaron Rodgers and the Packers are a huge draw as well. All he'd care about is the Pats get there.

Packers are easily as big of a draw as the Seahawks, if not bigger. Nobody cares about the Colts though.

I don't disagree, but I think Seattle might have a bigger allure right now being the defending Super Bowl champions. I'd think "Defending Champs vs The Last Dynasty" has a bigger marketing push with it.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Draxal

Kone had an amazing game, especially considering how little he has been used lately. A real underrated part of the win last night. Doorson too.

Did you see Victor Cruz at the game? He was supposedly there (family friend of Mack).

Bessy67

Is it bad that I'm kind of hoping Skip Bayless has an aneurysm because of this Dez Bryant call and dies?

Kidding
mostly

Respect

Every team has run the defense that you're talking about against the Pats and it's worked because they have been Gronkless. Press man and flooding the middle has been the strategy in the playoffs for years. He's the game changer. No team has ever feared Welker and Edelman beating them with slants.

No doubt, Gronk there is what makes it difficult to employ that defense to its fullest effect, since the seam pass can make clogging the middle an issue. As long as Brady doesn't try to throw lasers with defenders right in the path of the throw, the offense should put up some points.

I'm more concerned with the defense. I know they were playing more "stop the run" with the defensive line personnel, but they weren't even doing that. If your D line can't bottle up the run or put consistent pressure on the QB without blitzing, that is a serious problem. The D-line failed in that game on all possible levels. Revis deciding to have the worst game as a patriot in the biggest game of the year to this point wasn't encouraging either.

Having said that - the O-line deserves some love, they played well, some of it was the quick passing, but they provided good protection overall, even more impressive when they lost Stork who really has had a good year, probably been their 2nd best olinemen all year behind Vollmer.

Sephzilla

A part of me wants to see the Pats make it to the Super Bowl just to lose again and further drive home the idea that they cant win a championship without cheating. Whether it be against the Seahawks or the Packers, I don't see the Patriots winning the Super Bowl this year. Colts would be nice to see in the big game just because it's a new face in the title game.

Tom Penny

No doubt, Gronk there is what makes it difficult to employ that defense to its fullest effect, since the seam pass can make clogging the middle an issue. As long as Brady doesn't try to throw lasers with defenders right in the path of the throw, the offense should put up some points.

I'm more concerned with the defense. I know they were playing more "stop the run" with the defensive line personnel, but they weren't even doing that. If your D line can't bottle up the run or put consistent pressure on the QB without blitzing, that is a serious problem. Combine that with the non-existent pass rush and the D-line failed in that game on all possible levels. Revis deciding to have the worst game as a patriot in the biggest game of the year to this point wasn't encouraging either.

I think the total opposite. They played their worst defensive game of the entire 2nd half of the season. Law of averages. I don't think they will worry about the run. At the end of the day Luck generally throws 70% of the time. That's what they are and what they do best. I don't see them trying to morph into something they aren't.

BigAT

Did you see Victor Cruz at the game? He was supposedly there (family friend of Mack).

I thought I saw him briefly on the big screen, he didn't get announced or anything though. It wouldn't surprise me though, he's been at games before.

Top Bottom