• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

bionic77

I took no joy in being right.

And I said it before I am depressed the Pats are going to the SB and still feel dirty from cheering Joe Flacco one.

You are off the hook unless someone posts an amazing avatar for you in the next 30 minutes.

It doesn't really matter what happens as long as NE loses another playoff game. I don't know if I can stomach any more of the sport of football otherwise.

Tom Penny

And I said it before I am depressed the Pats are going to the SB and still feel dirty from cheering Joe Flacco one.

You are off the hook unless someone posts an amazing avatar for you in the next 30 minutes.

Imagine if the Steelers had a QB capable of throwing it 45+ times and winning against the Ravens. The could have had a chance knocked out the Pats.

MechDX

I do not want I do not want the Colts to win anything. Fuck the luckiest team in all of professional sports. My preferred order of winning:

1) Seahawks
2) Packers
3) Patriots
4) Ebola
5) Herpes
6) Zombie apocalypse
7) The rapture
8) Colts

Crisco

Banned

I don't think the Pats can overcome Seattle's defense nor win a shootout against Green Bay. Their best chance is that Rodgers gimps his way to an NFC championship and is unable to play (or is severely limited) in the Super Bowl. They won't win a game against either team where Brady has to drop back and chuck it a lot.

Spinluck

I thought he was a mason?

Hope you guys can pull off another 2006 AFCC.

Lol, thanks, this game is gonna be tough as hell but I actually feel really good about it. If we get curb stomped then whatever, no different than previous meetings. Luck has stepped it up big time for us, same for the O-line and the defense. I don't think it'll be like the week 11 game unless we fold.

The Pats run it up our throats every time we play them, they have basically been our weakness during the Luck era. We have to find take that away early. Those fuckboys known as the Pats are gonna run end arounds. They're going to run off tackle a whole lot (fuck them). They're probably gonna throw up the seam and across the middle. Those are key things our defense struggles with the most, and those are key things the Pats just happen to do the best (fuck the Pats).

That said, I much rather force them to put the ball in Tammy's hands. He has only been able to throw on us when they're running like maniacs. Bill has a lot of patience with the running game against us though. So Pagano is going to have to coach his best game ever, and Luck can't fuck up. Not even with the punt INTs.

Sephzilla

The more I watch replays of the Dez Bryant play the more I think they straight up got the call right and I think Dez is entirely at fault for that play. Whether it was intentional or not, the reaching out one-handed like that is what caused the ball to pop out. Dez should have been smart enough to secure the ball with both hands and go to the ground considering that an incomplete pass would result in a change of possession.

The more I watch replays of the Dez Bryant play the more I think they straight up got the call right and I think Dez is entirely at fault for that play. Whether it was intentional or not, the reaching out one-handed like that is what caused the ball to pop out. Dez should have been smart enough to secure the ball with both and go to the ground considering that an incomplete pass would result in a change of possession.
Completely agree.

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 52s52 seconds ago
Broncos QB Peyton Manning played Sunday’s Divisional Playoff loss and the past month of the season with a torn right quad, per two sources.

Was he ever listed on the IR?

Broncos QB Peyton Manning played Sunday’s Divisional Playoff loss and the past month of the season with a torn right quad, per two sources.

99818-well-there-it-is-gif-Jeff-Gold-seL5.gif

BigAT

I don't believe so. They would hardly be the first team to hide someone from the injury report, but I wonder if there will be any consequences for the Broncos given the scope of the player and injury involved.

Sephzilla

I don't believe so. They would hardly be the first team to hide someone from the injury report, but I wonder if there will be any consequences for the Broncos given the scope of the player and injury involved.

This is what I was wondering. If he really has a torn quad and never showed up on the injury report couldn't this get the Broncos into some trouble?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
"Oh, ow you guys stop. I was totally going to win, but ow, seriously you guys. I just twisted my ankle. Oh, man, right when I was about to totally dunk."

BigAT

This is what I was wondering. If he really has a torn quad and never showed up on the injury report couldn't this get the Broncos into some trouble?

They can get in trouble, there is precedent for it happening. The Jets got fined a few years ago for hiding one of Favre's injuries. I can't recall any team ever being punished with anything harsher than a fine though.

Sulik2

Whats the average recovery time on a torn quad? Could they have benched Peyton until the playoffs and gotten him healthy?

Lol, thanks, this game is gonna be tough as hell but I actually feel really good about it. If we get curb stomped then whatever, no different than previous meetings. Luck has stepped it up big time for us, same for the O-line and the defense. I don't think it'll be like the week 11 game unless we fold.

The Pats run it up our throats every time we play them, they have basically been our weakness during the Luck era. We have to find take that away early. Those fuckboys known as the Pats are gonna run end arounds. They're going to run off tackle a whole lot (fuck them). They're probably gonna throw up the seam and across the middle. Those are key things our defense struggles with the most, and those are key things the Pats just happen to do the best (fuck the Pats).

That said, I much rather force them to put the ball in Tammy's hands. He has only been able to throw on us when they're running like maniacs. Bill has a lot of patience with the running game against us though. So Pagano is going to have to coach his best game ever, and Luck can't fuck up. Not even with the punt INTs.

Maybe Irsay should call Bob Sanders and Booger McFarland to see if they are looking for some part time work for a weekend.

I think he was on the injury report since the Charger game with a quad injury. I'm not sure if they necessarily have to describe the exact extent of the injury, simply whether the player is deemed probably, questionable, doubtful or out - which I think they did. Probably don't want to be telling opponents he had a quad tear.

bionic77

Imagine if the Steelers had a QB capable of throwing it 45+ times and winning against the Ravens. The could have had a chance knocked out the Pats.
He could have done it if the Pats didn't send us a dirty saboteur!

Or we had a coach that was smart enough to figure out a capable RB backup in 6 weeks time...

Anyways, fuck the Pats!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Not only is Andrew Luck the best looking QB in the NFL he's also going to be the one who keeps the Patriots from winning their first Super Bowl. A true American hero.

Top Bottom