• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

Tabris

He overthrew all his long balls doe..

Throwing accuracy and timing on long throws requires planting and throwing with power.

You can throw it up without that power and still be able to throw that far, it just won't be as quick / powerful to get it where and more importantly when you want it there.

Zeke

So Jerruh going to resign Garrett or trade for JFF and make him HC/QB?
For sure Garrett stays, he's gonna get paid. The offense is all garretts work finally paying off. The bigger question is on defense and what coaching changes are gonna happen. No jff in Dallas sorry breh.

BadAss2961

Meh at the final 4 teams. The NFL might've just lost out on the biggest NFC Championship game ever with that call in Green Bay.

Tabris

Man Peyton is such a classy guy not to use that injury as an excuse. BUT A FUCKING QUAD TEAR?

Those require 3 to 6 weeks of being in a knee brace and immobile to be repaired if it's a small tear. If it's a large tear, it requires surgery.

Respect

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 52s52 seconds ago
Broncos QB Peyton Manning played Sunday’s Divisional Playoff loss and the past month of the season with a torn right quad, per two sources.

Was he ever listed on the IR?

Makes sense, Manning's arm may not be very strong, but he's usually accurate and he was missing every deep ball last night. Demaryius Thomas dropping every screen pass was a bit strange too. Broncos in general just appeared apathetic yesterday. Once they went down 21-10 just felt like another case of "here we go again."

Tom Penny

Throwing accuracy and timing on long throws requires planting and throwing with power.

You can throw it up without that power and still be able to throw that far, it just won't be as quick / powerful to get it where and more importantly when you want it there.

So Denver's game plan was to purposely run the worst possible plays for Manning in the 1st half and put him in Flacco mode repeatedly . That's a head scratcher. Hunter told me John Fox molded the offense into a running team..

Pro

Man Peyton is such a classy guy not to use that injury as an excuse. BUT A FUCKING QUAD TEAR?

Those require 3 to 6 weeks of being in a knee brace and immobile to be repaired if it's a small tear. If it's a large tear, it requires surgery.

And Rodgers is playing through a calf injury requiring 2 months to heal properly. Unless they are physically unable to perform they'll be out there. Not like we're talking about Jay Cutler here.

Tabris

So Denver's game plan was to purposely run the worst possible plays for Manning in the 1st half and put him in Flacco mode repeatedly . That's a head scratcher. Hunter told me John Fox molded the offense into a running team..

Well if you listened to Peyton's press conference, they were feeling good out of practice and the first drive looked good (which was balanced). So they called a couple long passes but the rest were Peyton's decision at the line between several routes and calls. Obviously he was trying to will himself over his injury and it didn't work. And Indy did a good job of completely taking away the screen pass and the shorter passes. And he was probably afraid of the interceptions on crossing routes due to his lack of accuracy.

Also before anyone says "well Rodgers won injured", there's a huge difference between a strained left calf (which affects mobility) and a torn right quad (which would not only affect mobility, each drop back would be painful, but more importantly, he would get no power off his plant leg when throwing).

Tom Penny

We were supposed to be one and done, I'm just fucking happy to be here with mostly a no name defense and RBs that were like 5 and 6 on the depth chart

#fucktrenttruck

It was a big upset to beat an AJ Greenless Bengals against Dalton in a big game. History was not on the Colts side.

Zeke

We were supposed to be one and done, I'm just fucking happy to be here with mostly a no name defense and RBs that were like 5 and 6 on the depth chart

#fucktrenttruck
I know that feel. I'm rooting for the pats out of spite :D if luck led Colts upset the pats I'll be cheering them on. I got nothing against the Colts or luck he seems like good people.

bionic77

#fucktrenttruck
You are not playing a gimp qb this Sunday.

Your defense is trash.

It will take a caveman miracle for you to advance.

This coming from someone who wants your team to win more than anything else!

And that was crazy that the Broncos played gimp manning. Should have gone to the backup. Thats what they are there for!

Tabris

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 18s19 seconds ago
Specifically: Peyton Manning has a torn rectus femoris, which runs down center of thigh. Bruising was so severe it spread to back of his leg

Respect

I know the Broncos were a big favorite over the Colts...but the Colts were just as big a favorite over the Bengals, especially with the Bengals injuries going in.

Zeke

Specifically: Peyton Manning has a torn rectus femoris, which runs down center of thigh. Bruising was so severe it spread to back of his leg
Rectum? Damn near killed'em!

Tamanon

Banned

A lesser man would make a "getting fucked by a horse will do that to you" joke, but I refuse.

Trey

Damn, that's painful. No wonder dude didn't run for that five yard first down, lol.

I do not want I do not want the Colts to win anything. Fuck the luckiest team in all of professional sports. My preferred order of winning:

1) Seahawks
2) Packers
3) Patriots
4) Ebola
5) Herpes
6) Zombie apocalypse
7) The rapture
8) Colts

My order

1) Seahawks
2) Patriots
3) Colts
4) Ebola
5) Herpes
6) Zombie apocalypse
7) The rapture
8) Packers

Spinluck

It was a big upset to beat an AJ Greenless Bengals against Dalton in a big game. History was not on the Colts side.

Hey, I was just quoting GAF after the Colts/Cowboys game we didn't give a fuck about. I did not think we'd be one and done facing the Bengals.

This team is pretty bipolar, and I have nothing against anyone who thinks the Pats curb us. We've been blown out the last 3 times we played them, we've earned it.

Sephzilla

So I guess this raises the question - should Peyton have played?

Mrbob

Meh at the final 4 teams. The NFL might've just lost out on the biggest NFC Championship game ever with that call in Green Bay.
Packers still marched down the field after the reversal. I guess the correct call made on the play makes cowboys fans think it cost them the game when the Dallas d couldn't stop rodgers in the 4th. Dallas wasn't winning that game.

It kinda reminds me of those final weeks of the season in 08 when Favre had a biceps tear that no one knew about until the end of the season.

Tabris

You probably would have had the same result with Brock, maybe some more yards and an extra touchdown, but probably a pick or two to re-balance. With Peyton, if they weren't doing press coverage or covering the screen so well, he would have been able to do a lot more. Colts played a perfect game plan against Peyton's injury.

History will show that leaving Osweiler on the bench was the gravest mistake the Denver Broncos will have ever made. Ten thousand years of mediocrity in Denver!

MechDX

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer · 2m2 minutes ago
I reported on FOX Sat. AND Sun Peyton Manning actually had injuries to BOTH quads - strain (or partial tear) in one & deep bruise in other

Also I shouldn't hear any complaining from Dallas fans about that call. Like us last you had your opportunity to win before and after that call. As much as you guys attack us(mostly Kas) for complaining about it, just accept it and move on.

Zeke

Packers still marched down the field after the reversal. I guess the correct call made on the play makes cowboys fans think it cost them the game when the Dallas couldn't stop rodgers in the 4th. Dallas wasn't winning that game.
In all likely hood if Dallas yea packers probably march downfield and and score no doubt. I'm more irked that Cobb got a ball that hit the turf and it stood but the Dez catch got overturned. Inconsistency at its finest.

Top Bottom