• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

Probably should have been TD

B7GPND3CMAA_Ntu.jpg

Sure, if you completely ignore the rule

TS-08

He has the ball, takes 2-3 steps, stretches out, has his elbow hit the ground before the ball comes out

-> No Catch

It doesn't matter if you "take steps" if your momentum was taking you to the ground in the process of making the catch.

You may not like the rule, but that's the call.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Devante Adams is having a beast of a day! Nelson/Cobb/Adams is going to be something special!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
As much as it warms my heart to see Dallas in tears, this rule needs to change. Any child could look at that and know it's a catch. He catches the damn ball. It may be a correct call on the field in accordance with the rule, but the rule is stupid.

Nori Chan

The problem really lies with the inconsistency in which these calls are made. I thought it was a catch, but I guess it's not. He had 3 feet and an elbow down before the ball came out loose.

TheFatOne

Just like last week, it's awful that refs are deciding games

You know the refs are horrendous when people start to wonder if games are fixed, and both sides equally saying they got the worst of the calls. They seriously have to fix the refs. NFL is far too cheap to do that though.

Skip Bayless loves his Cowboys

"Skip Bayless @RealSkipBayless · 2m 2 minutes ago
That's it. Crime of the Century."

It's ok, Skip, you can go back to cheering for your boy Brady. It's what you do when your Cowboys let you down every year. Go back to cheering for Brady and hating on Luck because how wrong you were about RGIII.

Lol at people still arguing that it was a catch. he didn't even have full control of the ball at all when he took those steps. I wanted that to be a catch too but come on man.

Instro

I'm not sure why people are saying he took 3 steps, he was going to the ground as soon as he catches the ball. Pretty sure they don't count those as steps.

Doorman

I'm not sure I would have ruled it a no-catch either, but it's worth it just for the controversy and to see Dez bitch and moan about refereeing yet again. Go cry some more on the bus home.

Duxxy3

2 steps and an elbow. Whatever rule that states that isn't a catch needs to be thrown out.

And I don't give a shit about either team.

MPW

Skip Bayless loves his Cowboys

"Skip Bayless @RealSkipBayless · 2m 2 minutes ago
That's it. Crime of the Century."

It's ok, Skip, you can go back to cheering for your boy Brady. It's what you do when your Cowboys let you down every year. Go back to cheering for Brady and hating on Luck because how wrong you were about RGIII.

ahahaha

Absolutely horseshit call.

How about we simplify things going forward? If you catch the ball, it's a catch. If you don't catch the ball, it's not a catch. Simple enough.

If it was that way, then no catch. Ball touched ground. The new school stuff about having control but it can still touch ground makes it more complicated.

minx

First off he took two steps after he caught the ball. That rule needs to be changed.

I thought the league was rigged though for the Cowboys?

He never had full control of the ball throughout the process, not hard to understand.
Of course he did. Are you blind? He had enough control to not only switch which arm the ball was in, but then stretched said arm out in an attempt to cross the goal line.

You can't be in more control of a ball then literally being able to switch which arm the ball is in in order to gain an advantageous angle.

Top Bottom