• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

Bessy67

Like, are the people saying that was a catch new to football? It's been that way for years. You have to complete the process of the catch and come up with the ball.

3 steps and an elbow down....then he tries to stretch out for the endzone.
He was bobbling the ball during the 3 steps though.

I don't think the call is right, but it's logically consistent with the Megatron "non" catch from 2010.

Which was also horseshit. But at least it's occasionally consistent horseshit!

PS: eff the cowboys

sethbot

Just like last week the call didn't decide this game. Hopefully fellow Cowboys fans don't act like Lions fans did.

I agree. It certainly was a catch and we most likely would have gotten a touchdown, but there were too many things we did wrong this game that costed us.

Doorman

Just like last week the call didn't decide this game. Hopefully fellow Cowboys fans don't act like Lions fans did.

Shoe on the other foot? I think this is what a lot of Lions fans were hoping for. Looking forward to seeing what Cowboy nation has to say if they do wind up losing!

I agree with this. The great news about the refs being horrible this playoffs is this rule will change, and they will probably introduce challenging pass interference as well.

Just so we're clear, taking 3 steps with control of the ball, followed by an elbow on the ground still with control is not a catch?

Despite the call, Romo using an audible out of a run play in 3rd & 1 in the red zone and the Murray fumble cost us the game. To many big mistakes to overcome.

Draconian

I can't believe we still have to have the discussion of what is and is not a catch.

He has the ball in his hand, hits the ground with his feet and takes three steps. Upon taking his third step he goes to ground with the ball secured in his left hand. His hand--with the ball--hits the ground and comes loose. He clearly possessed the ball and made a "football move".

How is that not a catch? This sport has issues bigger than their off the field hobbies.

I don't think that constitutes a football move. He was in the process of falling down.

Tamanon

Banned
Honestly, even talking about the ball moving, there was no angle we saw that showed it was because of the ground causing the ball to move. Just seems like something that can't be overturned.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
LMAO

buh bye Cowgirls

Top Bottom