• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I think we can all agree that is the worst rule in sports.

gb will have an interesting decision if they dont get a first. do you attempt a long FG to potentially go up 8 (but with the possibility of giving dallas great field position) or do you punt them down with no timeouts but a TD beats you?

I like the Pack better, but they have next to no chance of winning against the Thug Defense of the Seachickens in the 12th mans domain. Cowboys match up much better. Oh well.

Vire

He put his forearm down before that though? Two feet and an arm... how is that not down?

Anyways, that's game.
You have to maintain control for the duration of the play regardless. Didn't you see that Megatron play years ago?

B7GQHshCYAEMBTr.jpg

LJ11

Look on the bright side Cowboy fans, this rule will be changed without a doubt. It's garbage, that's a fucking catch, guy stretches out or whatever and the ball hits and it suddenly isn't. Hate it, and I'm positive it won't be enforced going forward, Jerry will get it changed.

Chiggs

Gold Member
You know the refs are horrendous when people start to wonder if games are fixed, and both sides equally saying they got the worst of the calls. They seriously have to fix the refs. NFL is far too cheap to do that though.

Because fans have a real grasp of the rule book.

oneHeero

Cowboys can lose this game feeling better about themselves overall. It was a catch, and a td since no one touched him. But it is what it is, Rodgers coupdve marched down on us for all we know.

GQman2121

Banned
I can't believe we still have to have the discussion of what is and is not a catch.

He has the ball in his hand, hits the ground with his feet and takes three steps. Upon taking his third step he goes to ground with the ball secured in his left hand. His hand--with the ball--hits the ground and comes loose. He clearly possessed the ball and made a "football move".

How is that not a catch? This sport has issues bigger than their off the field hobbies.

TheFatOne

Look on the bright side Cowboy fans, this rule will be changed without a doubt. It's garbage, that's a fucking catch, guy stretches out or whatever and the ball hits and it suddenly isn't. Hate it, and I'm positive it won't be enforced going forward, Jerry will get it changed.

I agree with this. The great news about the refs being horrible this playoffs is this rule will change, and they will probably introduce challenging pass interference as well.

Top Bottom