• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

LJ11

is Fox really on the hot seat if the Broncos lose? Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. The Broncos lack of super bowl success doesn't strike me as a coaching issue. They might as well ride it out with Fox as long as Peyton is there and then blow it all up.

John Fox supporters exist?

Everyone is a UFA anyway, won't take much to blow up.

Dragon

Banned
People throw this out there but it's complete BS. Who has Peyton played with that's better than Gronk? And outside of Edgerin James early, what notable RBs?

Brady never put up big stats in the playoffs till he got big-name guys. The kickers and defense were responsible for a lot of his wins unlike Peyton who was carrying the entire team...

Are you kidding? Have you ever heard of Marvin Harrison? Seriously? Jnc

Tabris

There's obviously some injury that occurred 5-6 weeks ago, because before that he was on fire.

Your arm doesn't drastically change like that within such a small timeframe without an injury.

People throw this out there but it's complete BS. Who has Peyton played with that's better than Gronk? And outside of Edgerin James early, what notable RBs?

Brady never put up big stats in the playoffs till he got big-name guys. The kickers and defense were responsible for a lot of his wins unlike Peyton who was carrying the entire team...
Marvin Harrison
Reggie Wayne
Julius Thomas
Damarius Thomas
Wes Welker

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
There's obviously some injury that occurred 5-6 weeks ago, because before that he was on fire.

Your arm doesn't drastically change like that within such a small timeframe without an injury.

I thought you hated the injury complaint?

Brady and Belichick wanted to send Peyton out the right way, with another 20+ point loss in foxborough, and the guy couldn't even make it there. what a scrub.

TheFatOne

Man I wish the Pats had the cap space to snatch Terrance Knighton. Would be the perfect replacement for Big Vince. I love Vince, but his time as a Patriot is going to end sooner or later.

Could just be the natural degeneration from use after a surgery that bought him a season at the most.

Are you kidding? Have you ever heard of Marvin Harrison? Seriously? Jnc

I ain't heard of nuthin'
pgjxhp4p.gif

h1nch

I know everyone is going to be focusing on Peyton and try to pin this loss on him.

While I think he certainly deserves some of the blame, the offense as a whole did not play well, with the exception of CJ Anderson. The OLine seemed just shaky enough to throw manning off of his spot, and he took some hits.

I thought the playcalling this game was atrocious. I liked the run/pass balance, but I felt Gase was extremely predictable with his playcalling. There were very few instances where they passed when I expected a run and vice versa. I felt like the Colts made adjustments after the half and the Broncos offense did not (or their adjustments didn't work)

On the other side of the ball I thought the defense played OK but not completely awful. I think the key on that side was the Colts OLine completely outplaying the Broncos DLine by a wide margin. The two Luck picks were both on long passes and so were glorified punts. The Broncos failed to get any significant pressure on Luck outside of the first drive. Not sure who to blame there. Coaching, players, both, who knows?

Obviously I have no idea what's actually going on inside their locker room but if I had to call it, I'd say Peyton comes back next year for one more run. Unlike last year I don't think Denver will (or should) be aggressive in free agency, other than to sign their players who are UFAs. I like the players we have on offense and defense. I just want us to sign FAs to compliment the players we have, and continue to hit on our draft picks. If we keep doing that I think we'll be right back here next year. I don't think we should fire the whole staff or make broad sweeping changes or blow up the team we have. Just keep tweaking and making adjustments. So much of this game hinges on having good luck with injuries and other factors that I think we should still keep this train going as long as we can rather than blow it up and start over.

Spinluck

This game convinced me that Andrew Luck gives absolutely zero fucks about stats.

There is no way he thought those punt throws were going to get anywhere. And if he did, then he gave no fucks.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I don't know that he's better than Gronk when it's all said and done

Who cares, First off Gronk has been out just as much as he's been in, 2nd Brady did the majority of his damage without Gronk so what's your point? Manning had Wayne and Harrison on the same team. Brady has never had a tandem like that. The team Peyton had this year was overflowing with talent- DT, JT, Sanders, etc.

Cloudy

Banned
I really hate to see people doing revisionist history to discredit great players at the end of their careers. Talking about 9 one and dones like he didn't have a ton of bye-weeks in there etc.

Dragon

Banned
I really hate to see people doing revisionist history to discredit great players at the end of their careers. Talking about 9 one and dones like he didn't have a ton of bye-weeks in there etc.

Oh okay you're just playing a character. I'll be moving along.

Josh5890

Last two games have been decided by 20 or more.

I understand but Vegas doesn't often go that high of a line for playoff games. The biggest one I can remember in recent memory was Super Bowl 43 when Pats were 13.5 point favorites over the Giants.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Besides I could see Luck keeping it close.I won't say they will win but I doubt it will be another 20 point victory.

Branduil

Gotta say I hope Denver has nothing but playoff failure for a long time if they have the nerve to boo their team after how far they have come over the past few years.

Absolutely disgusting fanbase.

The Broncos deserve to be booed for that performance. Not sure where the idea that "well this team sucked a few years ago so it's okay if they no-show in a home playoff game" comes from.

Top Bottom