• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Divisional |OT| Restore The Roar

Tamanon

Banned
Only weak link on the Broncos seems to be the deep passing game. The receivers are there, the running back is. The defense is okay to good. It's all on the QB, IMO.

Tom Penny

I think Denver is partially to blame for Manning to be as bad as he's been the last 6 weeks. I heard a stat on Around the League, that from weeks 6 - 12, Manning threw more passes in those 6 weeks than any six week period for his entire career. And it was right after those weeks that hsi season took such a turn. I think that Denver put too much on manning passing and didn't think to use him intelligently this year... Just assuming that he's going to be the same player now that he was in past years.

Teams simply realized you have to make him make the tough outside throws. People finally caught up to their illegal pick offense...

red13th

I don't know why anyone would blame Fox for this honestly.

If anything I give him credit for completely changing the offensive game plan on the fly these past few weeks to take advantage of the rise of Anderson.

The entire offensive scheme fell apart when Peyton's arm did.

I don't want Fox no more but that's what I think too.

J.T

Banned
This postseason has been terrible for me since i hate/dislike all teams involve. Only team I can stand was the Cowboy and they where robbed!! I know for sure I'm rooting against the PATS but don't want any team to win the super bowl. I hope the Super Bowl ends in a tied so no champion.

RBH

image.php

:(

Cloudy

Banned
And worse offensive weapons for most of his career. Bradys playoff numbers are better than Mannings. Good thing Rodgers is better than both of them.

People throw this out there but it's complete BS. Who has Peyton played with that's better than Gronk? And outside of Edgerin James early, what notable RBs?

Brady never put up big stats in the playoffs till he got big-name guys. The kickers and defense were responsible for a lot of his wins unlike Peyton who was carrying the entire team...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
As a Pats fan the last time I was this happy with a playoff opponent was...the Jets.

Unlike the Jets though I don't fear what the coaching staff comes up with.

If Luck is going to win he is going to earn it!

TheFatOne

They said we couldn't be the Bengals. They said we'd get obliterated by the Broncos and that picking the Colts was "cute".

Keep talking

LOL Comparing the Bengals and Colts to the Pats is cute. Indy is about to play an entirely different animal. One that has already proven it isn't afraid to run 40 times on the horrendous run defense of the Colts. Indy could certainly win, but just like the Ravens were the worst match up for the Pats the Pats are the worst match up for the Colts.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I think Denver is partially to blame for Manning to be as bad as he's been the last 6 weeks. I heard a stat on Around the League, that from weeks 6 - 12, Manning threw more passes in those 6 weeks than any six week period for his entire career. And it was right after those weeks that hsi season took such a turn. I think that Denver put too much on manning passing and didn't think to use him intelligently this year... Just assuming that he's going to be the same player now that he was in past years.

Manning can blame himself, he makes a ton of calls of his own number, he loves his stats and records, he can put that on him. In fact they primarily ran the shit out of the ball to end the season.

Shit like this definitely gets into Peyton's head when he chokes.

no it doesn't... his team isn't good enough, right?

J2 Cool

Manning's style of play is never going to win again. The completely immobile qb, subject to the pocket unable to will the game any other way. His arm being done at this point jut highlights the matter even more, but he has no weapons left.

Place in history? Never seen a guy more complacent in huge playoff losses. One game he got me, and its the best of his career coming back against the 06 Pats, but I'll always remember him as the mild mannered stat machine. Someone who in his prime played victim in his losses against Pitt, SD, and every NE game. Not Elway at all in urgency or accountability.

Tom Penny

People throw this out there but it's complete BS. Who has Peyton played with that's better than Gronk? And outside of Edgerin James early, what notable RBs?

Brady never put up big stats in the playoffs till he got big-name guys. The kickers and defense were responsible for a lot of his wins unlike Peyton who was carrying the entire team...

Keep fighting the good fight. Brady now has had more weapons than Manning..that is truly a new one. I applaud you for originality.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
LOL Comparing the Bengals and Colts to the Pats is cute. Indy is about to play an entirely different animal. One that has already proven it isn't afraid to run 40 times on the horrendous run defense of the Colts. Indy could certainly win, but just like the Ravens were the worst match up for the Pats the Pats are the worst match up for the Colts.
Don't forget not afraid to throw the ball in the middle of the field, GRONK GRONK, and not really afraid of a deep passing game.

Patriots7

Uh, Thomas isn't exactly a scrub...

Marshall Faulk?

_woLf

Gotta say I hope Denver has nothing but playoff failure for a long time if they have the nerve to boo their team after how far they have come over the past few years.

Absolutely disgusting fanbase.

I remember as a kid feeling bad when Marino went out and ended his career on the receiving end of something like a 63-7 ass kicking to Gata's Jags. This obviously wasn't as one sided but it sort of feels the same. Peyton feels done.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It's starting to sink in, the Broncos are on the road to mediocrity moving forward. The next few years are gonna suck.

Fire Fox and replace him with a good HC. They'll still be okay. They're only really fucked if Peyton decides to retire. Definitely going to have to find some kind of future plan at QB though.

Top Bottom