• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakeon

The Jets and the Lions will face off in what will become to be known as the "Shootout" Superbowl. Sanchez and Stafford with combine for 1500 yards in the air, and 37 interceptions. It will end 0-2 Jets in triple overtime, when Stafford finally passes out from lack of food intake over the past 7 hours, and Orlovsky runs out the back of the endzone.

Did the Jets happen to reacquire Sanchez in a trade?

bionic77

The Jets and the Lions will face off in what will become to be known as the "Shootout" Superbowl. Sanchez and Stafford with combine for 1500 yards in the air, and 37 interceptions. It will end 0-2 Jets in triple overtime, when Stafford finally passes out from lack of food intake over the past 7 hours, and Orlovsky runs out the back of the endzone.
How do the Jets get sanchize back?

The rest of the story makes sense and requires no further explanation.

Sanchez is back on the Jets?

Edit: God dammit beaten by 2 people.

You forgot about Ben and Flacco.

Flacco: 4000 yds/28 TD/20 INT - 16 GP
Ben: 4100 yds/30 TD/9 INT - 16 GP

That's pretty generous, I'm thinking....

Flacco: 3100 yds/18 TD/22 INT -16 GP

Ravens: 15-1 (The one loss being New Orleans because the Ravens lose every time I go to the game)

MRSA

Banned
Hey,

How do I get in contact with Cheatin Pete and Dick Sherman for some fail proof adderall? I need some to compete with these young degenerates in college. Fuckin grading curves.

Vyroxis

Banned
Did the Jets happen to reacquire Sanchez in a trade?

I have several drinks in me, and a Sanchez/Stafford botchfest sounds way better/funnier than a Stafford/Vick run and gun. So I am working under the crazy strange assumption that yes, Sanchez comes back to the Jets.

HylianTom

Banned
As much as I like to shit on the Falcons (and I really do love it), Panthers-Falcons has nothing on Saints-Falcons. Truth be told, we're probably bigger rivals with the Washington NFL franchise.

Saints-Falcons gets disrespectful as fuck. From those ATL cats making fun of Gleason to Saints fans egging the Falcons bus as they arrive at the Superdome, they get nasty down there. Saints-Falcons is what Niners-Seahawks pretends to be speaking from an off the field perspective. On the field, those NFC West teams actually do kill each other. Off the field? Those dudes are softer than Cottonelle. They don't get down like Saints and Falcons fans.

Damn right. Pretty decent article.

One day, someone's going to take it upon themselves to add a Falcons logo to that statue. :)

I want to see this game and will pay to see it

Hey bro.. I'm happy there are more Hawks fan on here, but

A) It's Steelers. I mean you have to know this. WE HATE THEM.
B) Don't hate on the Browns man. That's just mean.

49ers, and Steelers hate is perfectly okay though. Let it run through you.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=888011
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=888380

C'mon NFL GAF is getting called out!

Stealers since they got that last Superbowl win via referee. Not their fault but I just can't forgive.
I don't hate the Browns! I do feel bad for their fans, but it's like Keystone Kops.

jakncoke

Banned
2006-09-06-steelers-topper.jpg

Stafford threw for 5k yards and 41 TDs in 2011 when he had three good receivers and an RB who could catch out of the backfield (Javhid Best, RIP) for a majority of the season. 2012 was a disaster for him in part due to the Lions having no running game, injuries to Megatron, and Titus Young going insane. And in 2013 despite having a good running game, Stafford imploded in the second half of the season; although I will note Megatron was once again injured, our #2 WR (Burleson) was out for most of the season, and Kris Durham (who had a 30% drop rate and was rated as one of the top 10 worse WRs in the entire league...) became our main receiver at times.

Not making excuses for Stafford: I think it's clear that he is incapable of making receivers good or better, like Brady/Manning/Brees/etc. If he doesn't have high quality, expensive weapons he's fucked. The reason to believe the hype: simply put, Stafford has more weapons now than he did in 2011. Megatron, Tate, Ebron, Broyles, Fauria...with Bush and Bell in the backfield (both of whom are reception threats).

The reason not to believe the hype: the new offense is a lot more QB decision focused, and Stafford tends to make very bad decisions. He also still panics under pressure, which is less of a problem thanks to a good o-line but still is troublesome. He's also not as smart or poised as Brees, who thrives in this system. And while I'm sure he'll throw for a lot of yards and some TDs, his decision making could easily lead to 18+ INTs.

Prediction: 4650 yards, 33 TDs, 20 INTs. 8-8 record, no playoffs.

Stafford threw for 5k yards and 41 TDs in 2011 when he had three good receivers and an RB who could catch out of the backfield (Javhid Best, RIP) for a majority of the season. 2012 was a disaster for him in part due to the Lions having no running game, injuries to Megatron, and Titus Young going insane. And in 2013 despite having a good running game, Stafford imploded in the second half of the season; although I will note Megatron was once again injured, our #2 WR (Burleson) was out for most of the season, and Kris Durham (who had a 30% drop rate and was rated as one of the top 10 worse WRs in the entire league...) became our main receiver at times.

Not making excuses for Stafford: I think it's clear that he is incapable of making receivers good or better, like Brady/Manning/Brees/etc. If he doesn't have high quality, expensive weapons he's fucked. The reason to believe the hype: simply put, Stafford has more weapons now than he did in 2011. Megatron, Tate, Ebron, Broyles, Fauria...with Bush and Bell in the backfield (both of whom are reception threats).

The reason not to believe the hype: the new offense is a lot more QB decision focused, and Stafford tends to make very bad decisions. He also still panics under pressure, which is less of a problem thanks to a good o-line but still is troublesome. He's also not as smart or poised as Brees, who thrives in this system. And while I'm sure he'll throw for a lot of yards and some TDs, his decision making could easily lead to 18+ INTs.

Didn't know you were a Lions fan too. Supppppp

WedgeX

Banned

Man, there were years where I'd wish for 8-8. And now I am disappointed that its realistic. How time changes us.

Tabris

I think Eli Manning will have a rough first couple of games but will go on a legendary streak to make the playoffs this year. I say we will see the return of 4th quarter hero Eli. I b-eli-eve.

Talon

Bookmarked. I know more about bout this stuff than you do, that's the bottom line:

There's only one concern with Benjamin and that's the fact that he's going to get double-teamed up the wazoo:
Your track record as a dumbass cannot be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom