• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabris

FUCK YEAH!!!

254007_5_.gif

PaleLividBlackrussianterrier.gif

I'M PUMPED UP EVEN MORE NOW.

Wilson, Luck, Smith, Kaep, Hoyer/Manziel, Ryan coming next

We didn't go back in time. This is a passing league. Your numbers are low across the board save for Rodgers 42 TDs which he won't get near. Plus receivers can't even be touched now with them enforcing the illegal contact rule. This year is gonna be crazy.

Cutler- If you scale my numbers out to a full season, you actually get 4430/35 which is right around what you said he was going to get. There's absolutely no way he stays healthy for 16 games though. I'm not even confident about him playing 13.

Cam- I thought "the Panthers have no receivers!" was all the rage these days. Plus you add in the fact that he's already injured playing behind an unproven o-line and I can't really justify projecting a huge stat increase for him. These numbers are right around where he was last year. Yards are a tick up, picks and TD's slightly down.

Stafford- Staff's the wildcard because he's fully capable of a 5000/45/15 type season, especially with the wide receivers he's got like Megatron and Eric Ebron. But that depends on Staff not fucking up like he's prone to do. I'm banking on more than a few slips from him and stayed conservative with my projections.

Rodgers- The complete opposite of Stafford. I shouldn't trust someone coming off of a major injury nearly as much as I do with Rodgers, but he's been so reliable in the past. I went aggressive and plotted him to be right in line with his 2011/2012 numbers.

Manning- Big drop-offs across the board from last year just for two reasons.
A) Last year was historically great and its hard to say that its repeatable.

B) Manning's Age

Still a phenomenal year though

Brady- Almost right in line with where he was last year with similar type weapons. Drop in yards, but better TD/INT ratio. If Gronk ever gets back to where he was, that could throw this projection on its head.

Brees- If you scale for an additional game (predicting he sits out the final game of the season), its right in line with his stats the past few years. Perhaps with Cooks in the fold, you could see a tick up. On the other hand, losing Sproles will hurt their O a bit.

Foles- Like I said earlier, his stats from last year aren't repeatable. He's throwing more than 2 picks. Losing DJax is a huge blow. But it still won't be a bad year by any means. Yards will go slightly up, touchdowns will be the same, picks will go way up.

RG3- He will tear his Achilles in Week 9 and miss the rest of the year. Sorry.

I know the season kickoff starts in under 23 hours but I think we can lay off the drugs for just a little bit longer until then, friends

Dragon

Banned
Grostradamus

Cutler: 3600 YDS/ 29 TD/ 19 INT -13 GP
Newton: 3450 YDS/ 22 TD/ 11 INT - 16 GP
StaffGawd: 4000 YDS/ 37 TD/ 21 INT - 16 GP
Rodgers: 4200 YDS/ 42 TD/ 7 INT - 16 GP
Manning (P): 4500 YDS/ 43 TD/ 14 INT - 15 GP
Brady : 3800 YDS / 30 TD/ 9 INT - 16 GP
Brees : 4900 YDS/ 36 TD/ 13 INT - 15 GP
Foles : 3000 YDS/ 26 TD/ 12 INT - 16 GP

None of these are outlandish, although the fact you had to clarify which Manning did crack me up. As if Eli would ever put up a season close to that.

Cutler- If you scale my numbers out to a full season, you actually get 4430/35 which is right around what you said he was going to get. There's absolutely no way he stays healthy for 16 games though. I'm not even confident about him playing 13.

Cam- I thought "the Panthers have no receivers!" was all the rage these days. Plus you add in the fact that he's already injured playing behind an unproven o-line and I can't really justify projecting a huge stat increase for him. These numbers are right around where he was last year. Yards are a tick up, picks and TD's slightly down.

Stafford- Staff's the wildcard because he's fully capable of a 5000/45/15 type season, especially with the wide receivers he's got like Megatron and Eric Ebron. But that depends on Staff not fucking up like he's prone to do. I'm banking on more than a few slips from him and stayed conservative with my projections.

Rodgers- The complete opposite of Stafford. I shouldn't trust someone coming off of a major injury nearly as much as I do with Rodgers, but he's been so reliable in the past. I went aggressive and plotted him to be right in line with his 2011/2012 numbers.

B) Manning's Age

Brady- Almost right in line with where he was last year with similar type weapons. Drop in yards, but better TD/INT ratio. If Gronk ever gets back to where he was, that could throw this projection on its head.

Brees- If you scale for an additional game (predicting he sits out the final game of the season), its right in line with his stats the past few years. Perhaps with Cooks in the fold, you could see a tick up. On the other hand, losing Sproles will hurt their O a bit.

Foles- Like I said earlier, his stats from last year aren't repeatable. He's throwing more than 2 picks. Losing DJax is a huge blow. But it still won't be a bad year by any means. Yards will go slightly up, touchdowns will be the same, picks will go way up.

I would hope Foles would have more yards and tds since he only played 10 games Las year.

I hope that Ryan Tannehill has an excellent year quarterbacking his NFL team, the Miami Dolphins.

My mental stability may depend on it. I never claimed to be a smart man.

bionic77

Grostradamus

Cutler: 3600 YDS/ 29 TD/ 19 INT -13 GP
Newton: 3450 YDS/ 22 TD/ 11 INT - 16 GP
StaffGawd: 4000 YDS/ 37 TD/ 21 INT - 16 GP
Rodgers: 4200 YDS/ 42 TD/ 7 INT - 16 GP
Manning (P): 4500 YDS/ 43 TD/ 14 INT - 15 GP
Brady : 3800 YDS / 30 TD/ 9 INT - 16 GP
Brees : 4900 YDS/ 36 TD/ 13 INT - 15 GP
Foles : 3000 YDS/ 26 TD/ 12 INT - 16 GP
You forgot about Ben and Flacco.

Flacco: 4000 yds/28 TD/20 INT - 16 GP
Ben: 4100 yds/30 TD/9 INT - 16 GP

bionic77

Also one of Brady or Peyton is going to get old this year. Possibly both.

I am hoping to see a Schoob season for Brady in particular. I might skip watching a Steelers game if Brady is putting up Schoob numbers.

Russell Wilson- 3400 YDs/ 28 TD/ 7 INT - 16 GP
Andrew Luck- 4100 YDs/ 31 TD/ 11 INT - 16 GP
Alex Smith- 3500 YDs/ 26 TD/ 9 INT - 16 GP
Squidward Kaepernick - 3400 YDs/ 27 TD/ 8 INT - 16 GP
Brian Hoyer - 750 YDs/ 4 TD/ 6 INT - 4 GP
Johnny Manziel - 1900 YDs/ 11 TD/ 7 INT - 12 GP

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Also one of Brady or Peyton is going to get old this year. Possibly both.

I am hoping to see a Schoob season for Brady in particular. I might skip watching a Steelers game if Brady is putting up Schoob numbers.

Here's Bionic getting ready to start watching some football if Brady starts sucking that badly:

g7IsB.gif

Matt Ryan- 4600 YDs/ 29 TD/ 14 INT - 16 GP
Ryan Tannehill- 4000 YDs/ 30 TD/ 17 INT - 16 GP

Congrats Tanny, you will hit the 4000 yard mark!

Eli Manning- 3800 YDs/ 23 TD/ 17 INT- 16 GP
Tony Romo- 4200 YDs/ 28 TD/ 12 INT- 15 GP

bionic77

I'll drink myself into a Coma in celebration
You just received an invite to the Super Bowl party at my new house. It's all set up for surround. Just need a receiver and a gigantic fuck yeah American television. The 50" in my basement ain't going to cut it anymore....

B) Manning's Age

Grover, you know as well as anyone that Kelvin Benjamin is gonna have a huge year. 1100+ yards is all but guaranteed. He's going to be this year's Alshon Jeffery except less yardage since he doesn't have anyone else to take the heat off like Jeffery has with Marshall. Expect around ~1100 for Benjamin, with 7 or 8 TDs.

Talon

Grover, you know as well as anyone that Kelvin Benjamin is gonna have a huge year. 1100+ yards is all but guaranteed. He's going to be this year's Alshon Jeffery except less yardage since he doesn't have anyone else to take the heat like Jeffery has with Marshall. Expect around ~1100 for Benjamin, with 7 or 8 TDs.
It's comforting to know that Heavy is wrong about everything.

It's comforting to know that Heavy is wrong about everything.

Bookmarked. I know more about bout this stuff than you do, that's the bottom line:
Benjamin was the lone bright-spot for the Panthers' first-team offense. Cam Newton looked his way first on seemingly every pass play, and Benjamin made Carolina's play of the night when he out-muscled Darrelle Revis on a quick slant in the second quarter.
According to the Associated Press, Cam Newton and first-round WR Kelvin Benjamin have been "practically inseparable."
Per reporter Steve Reed, the duo has "forged a close relationship on and off the field." Coach Ron Rivera calls their relationship a "big brother, little brother thing."

There's only one concern with Benjamin and that's the fact that he's going to get double-teamed up the wazoo:
There is concern among some inside the Panthers that Kelvin Benjamin will face a "barrage" of double coverage this season.
The concern is that since Jerricho Cotchery, Greg Olsen and Jason Avant are slow-footed, teams can play them 1-on-1. Perhaps new practice squad addition Stephen Hill can eventually get on the active roster and stretch the field. Regardless, double coverage isn't a huge worry for us on Benjamin because he's going to be peppered with volume as Cam Newton's No. 1 target.

Falcons vs. Saints, one of the most underrated rivalries in sports:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page...read-falcons-saints-rivalry-not-just-football

As much as I like to shit on the Falcons (and I really do love it), Panthers-Falcons has nothing on Saints-Falcons. Truth be told, we're probably bigger rivals with the Washington NFL franchise.

Saints-Falcons gets disrespectful as fuck. From those ATL cats making fun of Gleason to Saints fans egging the Falcons bus as they arrive at the Superdome, they get nasty down there. Saints-Falcons is what Niners-Seahawks pretends to be speaking from an off the field perspective. On the field, those NFC West teams actually do kill each other. Off the field? Those dudes are softer than Cottonelle. They don't get down like Saints and Falcons fans.

Vyroxis

Banned
Will the Jets win the Super Bowl?

The Jets and the Lions will face off in what will become to be known as the "Shootout" Superbowl. Sanchez and Stafford with combine for 1500 yards in the air, and 37 interceptions. It will end 0-2 Jets in triple overtime, when Stafford finally passes out from lack of food intake over the past 7 hours, and Orlovsky runs out the back of the endzone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom