• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 1 |OT| 0-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Midwest sure loves their ranch.

screenshot-by-nimbus1_zpsdf47f2e2.png

whats this? Also whatever it is, Crawfish for Louisiana is the correct answer.

JABEE

I watched a little bit of it but not really interested in Madden.
You missed me choke away that game. Every game I do the same thing. Some KR or a TAINT. :( I just move away from my gameplan. Funny thing is when I was guns blazing on that final drive I was moving the ball well.

cajunator

Banned
You missed me choke away that game. Every game I do the same thing. Some flukes KR or a TAINT. :( I just move away from my gameplan. Funny thing is when I was guns blazing on that final drive I was moving the ball well.

Ive actually never played Madden before.

Trasher

You missed me choke away that game. Every game I do the same thing. Some KR or a TAINT. :( I just move away from my gameplan. Funny thing is when I was guns blazing on that final drive I was moving the ball well.

Can't remember. Were you no-huddling at all during that? Could be why haha. Also I think my defense was gassed after the taint since they had been on the field for so long. Almost considered just going down at the one without scoring so they'd get a break.

JABEE

Can't remember. Were you no-huddling at all during that? Could be why haha. Also I think my defense was gassed after the taint since they had been on the field for so long. Almost considered just going down at the one without scoring so they'd get a break.
A mix . There is no way to toggle to no huddle like you can in quick play. Only chew play. I just have to jam on triangle and hope that it takes.

JABEE

Nearly stafford like

So many opportunities blown. I should have ran the clock down more at the end of the first half before the KR for a TD.

Last game I lost 6-3 to DM and threw two stupid interceptions inside the ten yard line in the first half.

I'm allergic to winning. At least I'm not getting blown out like last season.

JABEE

Someone needs to make a thread welcoming back the NFL. We need one of our most quirky members to do it. Not Gata or cold noodle quirky.

Edit: Someone like Dutch could do it, but I'm afraid he would make it about the Patriots. :(

Konka would be a good candidate, but his mind has been warped by his time on the European continent. He also lacks the capabilities to make a contribution to this worthy cause.

Skele7on

Banned
god damn game pass man

" Certain restrictions & blackouts apply.
** Live access to Postseason & Super Bowl is not available in the UK/Ireland due to broadcast restrictions."

SO I have to pay for this to watch the season £99 and then for post season watch on sky....

not cool.

Also drafted my team yesterday for fantasy

QB
Russell Wilson

RB
Frank Gore

RB
Reggie Bush

WR
DeSean Jackson

WR
A.J. Green

TE
Jimmy Graham

R/W/T
Andrew Hawkins

BN
Ahmad Bradshaw

BN
Lance Dunbar

BN
Knowshon Moreno

BN
Justin Hunter

BN
Wes Welker

K
Phil Dawson

DEF
Seattle Seahawks

What you guys think? Also HELL YES SEASON STARTS TONIGHT!!!

Wrayfield

god damn game pass man

" Certain restrictions & blackouts apply.
** Live access to Postseason & Super Bowl is not available in the UK/Ireland due to broadcast restrictions."

SO I have to pay for this to watch the season £99 and then for post season watch on sky....

Currently the only thing that keeps me from buying Gamepass.

Skele7on

Banned
Currently the only thing that keeps me from buying Gamepass.

Like me and my buddies are just working out what we're going to do.

But that restriction just seems dumb, we can VPN our way around the blackouts

But for the post season and superbowl there isn't anything we can do.

I also hate watching the games on sky, they're awful!

Skele7on

Banned
Yeah, we use unblock-us for Netflix and that lets us get round the blackouts. Fuck the Sky Sports coverage.

Literally half the time on sky sports I feel like I know more than 90% of the people presenting.. Sometimes they even carry on talking when the game is on.

Then they wonder why people watch illegal streams in the UK.

The only good thing is that NFL UK games, Seeing my team the Lions this year, is going to be something special!

Wrayfield

Like me and my buddies are just working out what we're going to do.

But that restriction just seems dumb, we can VPN our way around the blackouts

But for the post season and superbowl there isn't anything we can do.

I also hate watching the games on sky, they're awful!

I usually go to a US bar here, they have Sky but also Gamepass and depending on the crowd we get to decide which game they show. When they run Sky, they just change the feed to US commentary and in between the "pundits" (Droopy Eye American, weird former Euro football player and whover else they invite) I just ignore their talk. They also have AFN. There is no way I'll find a bar with Gamepass or AFN in the UK, I think...

Seanspeed

Banned
I usually go to a US bar here, they have Sky but also Gamepass and depending on the crowd we get to decide which game they show. When they run Sky, they just change the feed to US commentary and in between the "pundits" (Droopy Eye American, weird former Euro football player and whover else they invite) I just ignore their talk. They also have AFN. There is no way I'll find a bar with Gamepass or AFN in the UK, I think...
Late games means going to a bar is either impossible or not practical.

Honestly, the 24 hour blackout for playoffs doesn't bother me too much. There's usually like two games each week that have this as well, often the bigger matchups, too. But since so many of the games are so late, there's no way I'm staying up in the first place. So waiting til Monday/Tuesday to watch doesn't kill me. It does require a bit of planning and forcefully avoiding any NFL news or discussion, but eh, what other option do I have, really?

All in all, Gamepass is still way better than normal Primetime TV watching in the States. You get access to ALL games, you can go back and watch any game back through 2009, you get the coach's tape(which is awesome for dissecting what's going on with pass routes and coverage), you get fast forward and rewind and with non-live games, there's often a feed where it skips all the breaks and commercials, which means watching an entire game in less than an hour, and I can also watch anything on my phone or iPad.

Its not cheap at all, but I cant say I don't get my money's worth. You've gotta be pretty big into football, though.

Biggest thing I miss from the States is just going to the bar to watch games with friends. Other than that, I kinda actually prefer watching NFL with Gamepass.

Yeah, apart from the social aspect of watching live games I prefer watching games the next day on Gamepass because of the convenience and time saved.

If I've been watching games on gamepass for a few weeks and then watch a live game the sheer volume of adverts makes it almost unwatchable.

Spades

Also, GamePass is SO worth the money. It used to cost almost double, and you didn't get half as many features as you do now. Getting access to all the games (blackouts aside, which you still get something like 24/48 hours after) and also the condensed versions of the games are brilliant. Add on the 24/7 NFL Network live access and the massive amount of historical content on tap and it is an absolute bargain for any NFL fan.

eznark

Banned
This GamerGate stuff is really stupid.

It's a dozen idiot "gamers" and a dozen idiot indies yelling past each other. It's like the Patriots - Jets. The two teams and their fans think it's the biggest most pivotal rivalry in the world but at the end of the day no one gives a fuck and no matter which team wins, it's not like they are going anywhere.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I was confused when people referred to it as "GamerGate" because I thought something was going down with the PC DD service.

I'm thinking about watching the game at a local bar since you people let our Houston meet up fall through. Well it's SNF so maybe I'll just stream it....hmm.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Final countdown until the opener. I want to say I have complete faith in Green Bay, but I'm quite nervous for Corey Linsley and a hungry Seahawks Defensive line who is going to attack him all night. My only hope is that Aaron Rodgers gets mad and goes Super Saiyan on offense giving us a nice bumper if the defense can't stop Russell.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm having a hard time seeing how Green Bay wins. I think we'll keep it close but the noise, rookie center, and the loss of the no huddle offense (unless they can still do it with a rookie), is going to hurt.

The good news is that we should win at least the next six games.

jakncoke

Banned
So many opportunities blown. I should have ran the clock down more at the end of the first half before the KR for a TD.

Last game I lost 6-3 to DM and threw two stupid interceptions inside the ten yard line in the first half.

I'm allergic to winning. At least I'm not getting blown out like last season.

Just like the eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom