• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 10 |OT| - Fright Night

Dragon vs YH is the king but its kind of been the backburner since neither have been posting as much.

Me vs. Bread too now that I think about it.

I will watch your motherfucking streams and there is nothing you can do about it slut!

Milchjon

More soccer dogs!

EasyShortHornedviper.gif

Even the Giants beat writers are sick of some of the shit happening with the team at this point.

From Big Blue View's PFF game review:

Weston Richburg (-3.5), John Jerry (-2.1), J.D Walton (-1.6) - Oh look, the interior offensive line struggled again. Oh look, it was mostly run blocking. Is my "analysis" for this really needed at this point? It's all just fart noises now (insert Fester McDougal GIF here).

Mathias Kiwanuka (-4.9) - Here's a fun fact. In addition to his awful play vs the run, he also registered zero QB pressures on 12 pass rushes. For comparison, Damontre Moore had three snaps, one of which he spent in coverage, and with the other two, he got a QB hit and a QB hurry. Don't worry, though, he won't see playing time because he struggles in run defense. /sarcasm

Jayron Hosley (-2.0) and Zackary Bowman (-1.6) - They felt bad for the defensive line and so they decided to be nice and join in the fun. Together, they had a combined -4.2 grade against the run. Instead of trying and failing to tackle Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch, however, they just declined to attempt to do so altogether.

Jacquian Williams (-5.8) - Through Week 5, he was ranked a top 5 outside linebacker. Boy, that changed quickly. Didn't clean up after the defensive line, gave up a big catch and run to Marshawn Lynch, gave up a 60 yard catch to a WR (I don't blame him too much) and really didn't tackle well, Williams had one of the worst games an LB can have.

Milchjon

Boban, just start the fucking game already!

BTW, are all the multiplayer maps game-agnostic? Or do you have to switch to a certain iteration if you want to play its maps?

Milchjon

If there is one food I need to get while in Munich what is it? It looks like there are gonna be lots of food stands at the markets.

Around Christmas? "Gebrannte Mandeln", which are caramel-coated almonds that are heavenly.

Otherwise, dunno. Have a Weißwurstfrühstück, for sure. Maybe a Schweinshaxe.

I'm no expert on Bavarian foods. But they are pretty great at meats and charcuterie.

Oh, and of course a real German Brezel to see why "pretzel" bun is pretty much the dumbest term ever. (Pretzel refers to the shape of the thing, not the lye coat)

Konka

Banned
Around Christmas? "Gebrannte Mandeln", which are caramel-coated almonds that are heavenly.

Otherwise, dunno. Have a Weißwurstfrühstück, for sure. Maybe a Schweinshaxe.

I'm no expert on Bavarian foods. But they are pretty great at meats and charcuterie.

Oh, and of course a real German Brezel to see why "pretzel" bun is pretty much the dumbest term ever. (Pretzel refers to the shape of the thing, not the lye coat)

That all looks wonderful.

Some photos from the Lions v. Dolphins game. Plenty more at the official Lions website.

Both had a face mask here but the Dolphins DB should've also been flagged for a horse collar tackle.

Killer instinct defensive lineman eyes.

kas you know i'm on board with our new lions overlords but those pics look fucking awful. why do they put the crayon effect on the photos? turrble!

Bread

Banned
Damn MS is fucking up badly with the preloading shit, lots of people are being forced to reinstall the 60 GB MCC

If this happens to me I'll kill a gata

Milchjon

That all looks wonderful.

The important thing about the Weißwurst is to have it before noon. It also requires you to accompany it with sweet mustard, pretzels, some cheese mush called Obatzter, and a Weissbier. Any other way is blasphemy.

Oh, and don't eat the casing!

And any dish that ends in -braten is usually something great.

Godslay

Banned
Damn MS is fucking up badly with the preloading shit, lots of people are being forced to reinstall the 60 GB MCC

If this happens to me I'll kill a gata

Sounds like they are hard rebooting and the game is then available to play. No need to redownload.

Same thing happened to me with SO, downloaded, installed, then it wanted to download and install again. Hard reboot, and everything was fine.

So strange how a few plays can define a season. Dolphins D holds at the end of the Lions/Packers games or the offense doesn't go three and out on their last possession, suddenly they are 7-2 and one of the biggest surprises in the league.

Instead, *sigh* Losers lose.

So strange how a few plays can define a season. Dolphins D holds at the end of the Lions/Packers games or the offense doesn't go three and out on their last possession, suddenly they are 7-2 and one of the biggest surprises in the league.

if the niners:

1. didn't give away a game to an awful bears team
2. didn't give away a game to drew stanton
3. didn't have to play peypey
4. didn't have a dumbfuck QB who fumbles on the 1

we'd be 9-0! get ready '72 dolphins we're getting inside that asshole!

Bread

Banned
Sounds like they are hard rebooting and the game is then available to play. No need to redownload.

Same thing happened to me with SO, downloaded, installed, then it wanted to download and install again. Hard reboot, and everything was fine.
Oh good to hear. Hopefully word gets out so people know this in 4 hours.

Oh, Jameis...

http://dystnow.com/2014/11/07/sources-jameis-winston-shaved-points/

A lot of this could be written off as a series of coincidental events, except for the fact that we just received confirmation of a Western Union transaction processed and paid out to a person named “Jameis Winston” directly before kickoff time against Louisville in the amount of $1,900. We here at DYST don’t want to make any accusations, but the facts remain the facts. Jameis Winston’s former high school teammate and current best friend (Chris Rabb) made his biggest bet ever ($5,500) on a game where Jameis played the worst half of his college career.

jakncoke

Banned

I feel ya. Steelers dont give up that late drive to bucs, dont lay an egg against jets and beat titans we could be 9-2 heading into the bye ;-;

when you play probable 4 of 5 top 5 draft picks in 2015 that should be like a shoe-in for a playoff birth. not steelers nope

cdyhybrid

If the Seahawks had an OC qualified to coach anything higher than Pop Warner and the injury luck of the last few seasons, we're 9-0 and win every game by 20.

Yep.

Truth be told, the Panthers were probably 5 plays away from being 8-8 last year.

-Two fumbles on the last drive of the game against San Fran that were both recovered
-Cam's game winning throw at the last second against the Saints
-Rob Gronkowski flopping like a bitch in the endzone when Luke Kuechly came to give him a good game hug
-The 4th and 10 conversion in the shadow of our endzone against the Dolphins

At the same time we had some bad breaks too
-DeAngelo Williams fumbles the ball on the eight yard line against the Seahawks
-If we convert just one (not even both) of those missed goal line chances into touchdowns against SF in the playoff game, the complexion of that game changes too.

Top Bottom