• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 12 |OT| - Matt Stafford vs. the World

JABEE

Repost:

Here comes the image repair. Terrible.

Link to Peterson's first interview since the news came out.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...hild-abuse-switch-minnesota-vikings/70025476/

Peterson declined to comment on why he agreed to a plea deal or other facts of the criminal case in Texas, other than to refute what he says is false information about the incident. He said he also wants to see the person who leaked photos of his son's injuries is brought to justice.

"That's illegal," Peterson said. "For someone who wears the badge to disregard their badge and commit a crime says a lot. (But) no one cares how the pictures were released. All they care about is, 'Hey, these are the pictures. They say that he put leaves in his mouth. They say that he beat him. They say that I hit his hands (and those were) defensive wounds.' "

All of those allegations are false, Peterson said, repeating what he told police: He had his son take off his pants and whipped him with a switch, which he didn't realize was wrapping around the boy's thigh and leaving marks.
Growing up in Texas, Peterson faced corporal punishment from his father and others. He's acutely aware that such punishments are viewed differently along geographical, cultural and racial lines, meaning his reintegration process might be easier some places than others.
"I got paddled at school," Peterson said. "People up north don't know anything about that, about going to the principal's office and getting three swats on your behind with a board with a hole cut in it."
The photos of his son's injuries provoked reactions on social media similar to the outcry when video of then-Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice punching out his then-fiancée surfaced days before Peterson's indictment. The timing colored public perception as the league was under heavy fire for its handling of domestic criminal incidents involving players.
"I take full responsibility, because I spanked my child, and no matter what my intentions were, I end up leaving those marks on his legs," Peterson said. "That's the bottom line.
"That's not what I tried to do, but that's what ended up happening. Don't put me in the same (category as Rice)."

Peterson doesn't want to be compared to Rice, and thinks that if his kids unconditionally love him than it's okay.

He said he made a mistake. He still denies the pictures and putting leaves in his son's mouth.

Doesn't seem to admit anything. He keeps calling it spanking.

I hate when publications write these repair stories for celebrities.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Repost:

Here comes the image repair. Terrible.

Link to Peterson's first interview since the news came out.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...hild-abuse-switch-minnesota-vikings/70025476/

Peterson doesn't want to be compared to Rice, and thinks that if his kids unconditionally love him than it's okay.

He said he made a mistake. He still denies the pictures and putting leaves in his son's mouth.

Doesn't seem to admit anything. He keeps calling it spanking.

I hate when publications write these repair stories for celebrities.

Still not showing one ounce of remorse and is instead more angry for the pictures getting out.

Awful.

JABEE

Still not showing one ounce of remorse and is instead more angry for the pictures getting out.

Awful.
And then you have Peter King acting like this was what Peterson should have said to Goodell, and USA Today reporters patting themselves on the back on Twitter.

More excuses than remorse. No real remorse at all.

Top Bottom