• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
628x471.jpg

Super Bowl 45

GQman2121

Banned
Not intentionally, I just didn't see that while searching for unnecessary roughness, but I guess that's fair. To me, it didn't look like he hit Green in the neck, it looked like he hit him in the shoulder. Maybe it's a pro-Patriots bias, but if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I look forward to having this same conversation with you all when it's the Patriots receiver being hit in this way and you all contort to find ways to prove the hit was legal.

You can't hit a player that isn't braced for a hit. That's basically the rule as it's going to be called on the field and has been for years now.

It doesn't matter if it's helmet to helmet or shoulder to helmet. It doesn't even matter if it's shoulder to shoulder. It doesn't matter if the ref calls it helmet to helmet. It just doesn't matter. All that matters is the millisecond where the ref throws the flag and makes the call. Since these penalties are not reviewed, cannot be challenged and are never acknowledged by the league after the fact, none of this shit matters.

Eventually, everything over 15 yards that draws a flag will be reviewed, it's going to have to be because every week in every game the refs blow a call that impacts the scoreboard one way or another. That's where this is headed. Someone in the booth or NYC will ultimately make the call whether the flag stands or not.

minx

It's pains me to say this but Holy fuck Rodgers is so Damn good. Going to be a pain in the ass next ten years.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm not worried at all about Week 17, Lions vs. Packers. Packers defense will get sliced and diced by our offense.

Suh and the boys will take care of Rodgers.

Top Bottom