• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

What percentage of first or second seeds make it to the super bowl let alone win it? Packers have for a few years felt like a team that gets on a roll and then rides that momentum.

I remember a 15-1 team getting a bye and promptly exiting the playoffs
Momentum really helped when we got steamrolled by Kap, huh?

Good teams win, bad teams lose. A bye is a free win.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Even with a shitty defense I have no idea why you onside it with 6 minutes left and give the Packers that much field position. Get the ball to the 20 and hope your defense does something for a change.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
1154.gif

Fuck everyone on the coaching staff and front office. Fuck them all.

Draconian

What percentage of first or second seeds make it to the super bowl let alone win it? Packers have for a few years felt like a team that gets on a roll and then rides that momentum.

I remember a 15-1 team getting a bye and promptly exiting the playoffs

That doesn't in any way make playing in the wild card round more advantageous. Nevermind that we'd prolly have to play two road games, which I wouldn't like our chances in.

Sephzilla

Momentum really helped when we got steamrolled by Kap, huh?

Good teams win, bad teams lose. A bye is a free win.
Steamrolled. Packers lost that game by three points.

I just really don't think the first round bye matters as much as it did years ago.

It's funny you mentioned Kap. His team had no bye and went to the Super Bowl against another team that didn't have a bye. First round bye is overrated these days.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
So glad Crosby got his groove back. He has been so solid this year.

Steamrolled. Packers lost that game by three points.

I just really don't think the first round bye matters as much as it did years ago.

It's funny you mentioned Kap. His team had no bye and went to the Super Bowl against another team that didn't have a bye. First round bye is overrated these days.
Are you forgetting the game we played against the Niners in 2012? I wish I could.

Reminder: we hosted a WC game that year. Beat Minnesota. Had "momentum", whatever the hell that is. Niners had the bye. That was, BTW, the year they made the Super Bowl.

How'd that one work out?

Sephzilla

Are you forgetting the game we played against the Niners in 2012? I wish I could.

Reminder: we hosted a WC game that year. Beat Minnesota. Had "momentum", whatever the hell that is. Niners had the bye. That was, BTW, the year they made the Super Bowl.

How'd that one work out?

We lost to the 49ers.

Who then lost to another wild card team.

That wild card team then won the Super Bowl against another team that had a first round bye.

Top Bottom