• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 14 |OT| Best In The World

Bread

Banned
Art style didn't bother me.

Art was great.
this one's for you ez

Emoticon_sick.gif

Has bread always been a True Console Warrior?
wat

i just like shitting on sonygaf for over hyping everything

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Holy shit niche audiences are the worst.

So many people in the Yakuza 5 thread are upset about it being digital only. Who gives a shit, we finally get to play the damn thing!

TheFatOne

Since I had no expectations for this conference I thought it was really nice. Some awkward presenters, but other than that lots of games I want to play. I really enjoy the indie push Sony has been doing. Seems like every conference they run they bring up a couple of games I have never heard of that I want to play.
Square is the best. The announcement thread in Gaming is chock full of butthurt.

That was a Kojima level master troll.
Holy shit niche audiences are the worst.

So many people in the Yakuza 5 thread are upset about it being digital only. Who gives a shit, we finally get to play the damn thing!

People will always find a way to complain.

eznark

Banned

Show was great as far as I'm concerned. Was hoping for a new Patapon but other than that, can't complain. Release date for Grim and announcing DotT is enough for me anyway!

Plus new Fat Princess? Boner time.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
I'll probably sell my Vita. Maybe get a PS TV, but everything but Persona 4G I can play elsewhere.

I forgot to take off work for the Packer game. Fack.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah that conference was pretty great overall.

I was going to qualify it by saying "for December when we usually hear nothing" but I think that was better or at least on par with some E3s even.

TheFatOne

this one's for you ez

Emoticon_sick.gif

wat

People are always going to overhype things, but if the SF5 didn't leak Sony had a legit GAF crashing megaton.
Show was great as far as I'm concerned. Was hoping for a new Patapon but other than that, can't complain. Release date for Grim and announcing DotT is enough for me anyway!

Felt the same way. Lots of really cool indie games, and smaller titles. I don't get the hate for the indie titles. Games are games.

Bread

Banned

There were definitely some nice things shown, lots of filler too. Not E3 part 2 like everyone was hyping it to be, but it was cool to see how Uncharted is coming along.

Greg

someone tell bionic I'll be playing ping pong for the next 2 hours if he wants his ass whooped

he's probably out purse shopping though

eznark

Banned
There were definitely some nice things shown, lots of filler too. Not E3 part 2 like everyone was hyping it to be, but it was cool to see how Uncharted is coming along.

ha, Uncharted was like the least interesting thing shown to me. Hey look, it's Uncharted. Shocking!

Preferred it to most E3's over the last three or four years, pre-console launch stuff, for sure.

Bread

Banned
ha, Uncharted was like the least interesting thing shown to me. Hey look, it's Uncharted. Shocking!

Preferred it to most E3's over the last three or four years, pre-console launch stuff, for sure.
I'm not even an Uncharted fan, I just liked how they are moving the combat past "climb to fight, fight, climb to other fight" thing they had going. Lots of freedom of movement in the bigger environments in the demo. Shades of SC Chaos Theory, imo.

TLG is still in development, we'll hear more about it soon

You say that as if its a bad thing. The variety of genres and experiences on offer is fucking amazing.

Gata is that gamer.

If it doesn't have 90+ Metacritic and at least 5 milly in sales, he doesn't have time for it.

Fuck all that innovation and gameplay, where the graphix at?

You say that as if its a bad thing. The variety of genres and experiences on offer is fucking amazing.

I was watching as someone looking for a reason to buy a PS4 and was let down from that perspective. The indie games that looked most appealing to me, like Gang Beasts or Enter the Gungeon are ones that I can just get on PC. The Order looks gash and as Bread said in the irc chat Until Dawn looks like a Sega CD game.

I wanted to see some Godzilla footage :(

JABEE

Some of my favorite games so far this gen are "Indie Games."

I thought it was a good conference with a lot of great games.

There weren't any earth-shattering announcements. The Square troll was funny.

Edit: Uncharted looked great. Seemed a lot more open.

LevelNth

Banned
Square Enix is so bafflingly hilarious in how inept they are in everything. Wish I could be in the boardroom when they all express shock at the negative reaction to the VII rerelease.

Conference showed gaming still sucks and is dead to me, but hey, at least Sony doesn't feel every single game needs to revolve around shooting.

Uncharted 4 did nothing to dispel my concern that it's Naughty Dog eating Crystal Dynamics' lunch.

I know it's a horrible business decision not making an easily bankable game out of some moral concern but it seems it would be better for the game company ecosystem if ND just moved on.

Syrinx

That FF VII troll single-handedly justifies Square Enix's continued existence in the industry. That is some A+ shit right there.

Top Bottom