• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 17 |OT| - For the Division

I opted to not re-sub for PS Plus as there were no deals this Black Friday. I felt like I didn't even get $30 of value, why pay full price. Cool I get a bunch of free games 6 months to a year later then if I had just bought them for $1.99 on Steam, what a bargain ! The service is down half the time lol. I'll sign up again when they begin to add the launch games and full price titles. These assholes couldn't even deliver on the free trial of drive club, which was a really cool selling point for getting PS Plus.
Lotsa hyperbole here. Good thing I wasn't a member when it was down for a month.

Jarnet87

^ Yeah the service is generally up with a few hiccups here and there. Still I think it's been a less then stellar year for PS Plus subscribers who only have a PS4.

JPP is a free agent next year. I feel like he's the type of guy to get a big contract and then completely vanish. Wonder what kind of money he expects to get. Bucs could definitely use a pass rusher with talent, they haven't had a quality defensive end since Simeon left.

jmdajr

No it was the linsfranc injury in his foot. Never had a really strong arm to begin with but it was "enough" at that point. He could never plant with that foot again and it took even more off his throws. Those back to back games in 2012 where he threw for nearly 900 yards in 4 days just finished off whatever he had left in his arm. I remember reading an article on Linsfranc injuries after that happened and it is basically a death knell for a QB

Sadly I saw someone at BRB speculate what if 2011 was our window. Wade's defense that year was playing lights out. Harbaugh said after we lost to the Ravens in the playoffs that defense gave him all his offense could handle.
Next man up with our greatest season ever.
Just imagine if both Mario and Schaub didn't get hurt.

Rotoworld said:
NJ.com reports coach Rex Ryan has already cleaned out his desk in advance of the Jets' season finale against the Dolphins.

Always expected to get the axe following another disappointing season, Ryan now appears resigned to his fate. Ryan's will not be the only head that rolls on Monday, however, as special consultant Charley Casserly has reportedly begun contacting potential replacements for GM John Idzik was well.

goodnight, sweet prince

JPP is a free agent next year. I feel like he's the type of guy to get a big contract and then completely vanish. Wonder what kind of money he expects to get. Bucs could definitely use a pass rusher with talent, they haven't had a quality defensive end since Simeon left.
He was recently interviewed and said "I think I'm worth a lot of money, yeah." so yeah he expects to get paid.

http://nydn.us/1JUgSz0

I have to believe the Giants want to wrap him up long term but aren't shelling out Mario Williams/JJ Watt money for him. 5 year/55-60 million seems reasonable to me. 25-28 million guaranteed.

Bread

Banned
if you told me last week that kas's posting would get even worse, i would have laughed and said "impossible".

he needs a visit from dr chang

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
goodnight, sweet prince

Rex Ryan started off his Jets/Mark Sanchez days as kind of a douche who talked a little to much for being a head coach.

That being said, he learned from that and he's a hell of a Head Coach. I hope he gets another shot (and I think he will) to be a Head Coach of another team. He just needs to learn from the school of Coach Caldwell and keep calm instead of acting like an offensive line coach.

I prefer the school of the 4-3 Defense but the dude knows defense and runs a 3-4 defense better than anyone in the league.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
if you told me last week that kas's posting would get even worse, i would have laughed and said "impossible".

I'm eating Burek and drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon at 7:40 AM. Let me try to enjoy my alocholic adventure before the Lions fuck the Packers up tomorrow and I continue my normal life starting next year going back to work.

I don't need to see Chan in his den in Cambodia. If he wants we can meet in Albania and have some deep, Molly infused discussions about the current state of the NFL and the inevitable Restoration of the Roar.

May he and the Raiders find success in the future.

Fantomex

PSN being fucked has rendered my second PS4 completely useless. Dope!

It's funny you say that because I'm considering getting a second ps4 this tax season, opposed to getting an xbone. But at this time all the network drama is really making me wanna just wait for a bit. I wonder if things like this is how corporations will trick people into privatizing the Internet.

MechDX

Joe Pequeno ‏@JoePequenoCBS5 · 15h15 hours ago
Source says, 49ers and Michigan have worked out a deal. Nothing signed, but UM Officials feel confident Jim Harbaugh will be new coach.

Source says, Harbaugh will tell SF team after Sunday's game and be introduced Tuesday. Once again, nothing signed, but UM confident.

WedgeX

Banned
Source says, 49ers and Michigan have worked out a deal. Nothing signed, but UM Officials feel confident Jim Harbaugh will be new coach.

Source says, Harbaugh will tell SF team after Sunday's game and be introduced Tuesday. Once again, nothing signed, but UM confident.

Interesting times to be a Michigan fan.

BigAT

He was recently interviewed and said "I think I'm worth a lot of money, yeah." so yeah he expects to get paid.

http://nydn.us/1JUgSz0

I have to believe the Giants want to wrap him up long term but aren't shelling out Mario Williams/JJ Watt money for him. 5 year/55-60 million seems reasonable to me. 25-28 million guaranteed.

Personally I think JPP is gone after this year. I get the feeling there is too big of a disconnect between the Giants and JPP as to what he is worth.

I felt this way at the beginning of the season, but his recent quotes have all but confirmed it for me.

A visit from Dr. Mengele would be preferable.

Tamanon

Banned

I don't understand why the Niners and Michigan even would need a deal.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
A visit from Dr. Mengele would be preferable.

Damn, it's like that?

gif-4.gif

My bro and his family flew in last night. Pizza
without pineapple
, wings, bottle and a half of wine, and 12 year old Yamazaki whisky. Along with one hell of a double feature: Edge of Tomorrow and Guardians of the Galaxy.

I'd seen Edge in the theater so I knew it was awesome. This was my first watch of Guardians. A lot of fun, a bit corny, but overall enjoyable.

It's also crazy to see Lee Pace, the baker from Pushing Daisies, playing guys like Ronin in Guardians and Thranduil in the Hobbit movies.

Personally I think JPP is gone after this year. I get the feeling there is too big of a disconnect between the Giants and JPP as to what he is worth.

I felt this way at the beginning of the season, but his recent quotes have all but confirmed it for me.
It wouldn't surprise me, yeah.

Some team will absolutely give him a ridiculous contract.

Sounds like the Raiders aren't offering Stefen Wisniewski as much money as he wants. He's not elite or anything, just a pretty average, but so far very durable center. I kinda expected the Raiders to move on from him, but still kinda sucks to lose another decent player and open up yet another hole to fill.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Fucking :jnc at the 49ers brass letting Harbaugh walk. I'm going to miss FMT and NinersGAF cockiness but holy shit you don't let a coach like him walk.

You're more than welcome to join the Lions bandwagon if you want. The train left the station months ago but I'll let the conductor know to make a special stop for our some of our 49er brethren.

They'll help against the fight of these bandwagon Seahawks fans (except rando of course, Western Heeretic and sometimes cyd).

MechDX

Could still see Kubiak getting that Niners job.

-Players coach
-has a history there
-his ZBS is a simple one. Basically a one read offense so Kap would get it

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Maybe he will go to the bears with Suh

bilde

Suh is staying a Lion.

Via Charean Williams of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Jones said on his weekly radio show on 105.3 The Fan that if a long-term deal with Bryant can’t be reached this offseason, they’ll use the franchise tag on him.

He's not going to Dallas since Jerry thinks Dez Bryant is worth more than a Hall of Fame defensive player, and he's certraintly not going to that dysfunctional Bears franchise. That leaves two garbage team in New York/New Jersey. Suh will get his money and stay on a winning team.

Striker

^ Yeah the service is generally up with a few hiccups here and there. Still I think it's been a less then stellar year for PS Plus subscribers who only have a PS4.

If he wants Quinn/Watt/Mario money, he can fuck right off. I'd want him back primarily because he's a stable run defender in the front seven, but that only goes so far. His pass rush hasn't evolved and often disappears for long instances. He recently said "I have the numbers", meanwhile, you look at Weeks 1-11, he had 3.5 sacks when they needed it more and were facing the upper echelon teams. Now he's facing the bottom feeders and racking up sacks, he's inflating the sack numbers. If he wants big money like those guys, let him go and look for a DE very early and go from there.

Top Bottom