• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 17 |OT| - For the Division

Furyous

Josh Gordon suspended for violating team rules.

Browns Football

Wait.... WAT?????

He's ran shit routes at times throughout the year anyway. We need to give him help off the field. When it comes time to reup his contract, our front office needs to give him the Dez rules. Take all of the rules Dez imposed upon himself and require Josh meet all those requirements.

Can someone explain to me why owners fire coaches and front office execs that don't get along? Owners pay coaches and GMs money to win. If they win then what's the problem? Getting along is irrelevant as long as you're winning.

I'm baffled at the situation going on in San Fran by the way. Their coach wins but all of a sudden they're parting ways because he wants more money and the organization thinks anyone can win with those players.

Narag

Can someone explain to me why owners fire coaches and front office execs that don't get along? Owners pay coaches and GMs money to win. If they win then what's the problem? Getting along is irrelevant as long as you're winning.

I'm baffled at the situation going on in San Fran by the way. Their coach wins but all of a sudden they're parting ways because he wants more money and the organization thinks anyone can win with those players.

Probably power related in the end. Coaches want to win with their guys, not the ones given to them and I can only imagine it's a terrible distraction when it's mandated from higher ups to play the wrong players just because they're the GM or owner's guy.

eznark

Banned
Wait.... WAT?????

He's ran shit routes at times throughout the year anyway. We need to give him help off the field. When it comes time to reup his contract, our front office needs to give him the Dez rules. Take all of the rules Dez imposed upon himself and require Josh meet all those requirements.

power/control

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Can we start an offseason thread for fans of franchises who aren't in the playoffs?

The Lions are playing the Packers tomorrow for the NFC North title. That is more imporant than whether or not Rex Ryan is going to coach Kaep and the 49ers. There are more important matters at hand like the Restoration of the Roar. We need to start the offseason thread for Manziel, IRGII, Kaep and company.

Detroit%20Lions%20defense_1413492934194_9062498_ver1.0_640_480.jpeg

Just reached 100 hours in Dragon Age Inquisition. I'm feeling both ashamed to admit that and happy to be coming down the home stretch to finishing the game.

Can we start an offseason thread for fans of franchises who aren't in the playoffs?

The Lions are playing the Packers tomorrow for the NFC North title. That is more imporant than whether or not Rex Ryan is going to coach Kaep and the 49ers. There are more important matters at hand like the Restoration of the Roar. We need to start the offseason thread for Manziel, IRGII, Kaep and company.

Detroit%20Lions%20defense_1413492934194_9062498_ver1.0_640_480.jpeg

people care more about what is happening with the niners coaching situation than the detroit lions. shouldn't surprise you brah!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sorry but Jim Caldwell cannot be in serious contention for Coach of the Year. Not at least while the true coach of the year, player-coach-leader of men Matt "The Brain" Stafford is on the team. I hear he is the leading candidate to take over both the Jets and the 49ers.

Sorry but Jim Caldwell cannot be in serious contention for Coach of the Year. Not at least while the true coach of the year, player-coach-leader of men Matt "The Brain" Stafford is on the team. I hear he is the leading candidate to take over both the Jets and the 49ers.

i heard he was behind the papa johns Fritos pizza and the new flavors of doritos locos tacos at taco bell. a true visionary in the culinary arts

I like it. Never played an FC game before but it reminds me of that old game Mercenaries on the PS2.

Awesome. I liked FC3, so it should be good since it's basically the same game.

Just reached 100 hours in Dragon Age Inquisition. I'm feeling both ashamed to admit that and happy to be coming down the home stretch to finishing the game.

From what I've seen, I don't like the combat system. After FC4, I'm gonna get Unity and after that maybe Dragon Age.

I really like Caldwell. Sure I have some qualms - clock management and his stubbornness with respect to playing vets over young players who are playing better (Theo Riddick is better than Bush out the backfield, couldn't get snaps even when Bush was injured)...but overall I think he's been very good. Really was turned off with the way he was shitted on when he got hired.

Meanwhile Whisenhunt looks lost in Tennessee.

Narag

Adam Schefter
Just now ·
Josh Gordon's one-game suspension today could cost him millions. By being suspended for last game of season, Gordon will be active for only 5 games this season, falling one game short of what he needs for an accredited season. Thus, after next season, Gordon will be a restricted free agent, not the unrestricted free agent he was scheduled to be. In the NFL, a player needs to be active for six games to earn an accredited season. He needs to become an unrestricted free agent. Gordon was active for five games this season, due to his suspensions, and with this most recent one, will fall one game short of having this count as an accredited season toward free agency.

what an idiot

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I really like Caldwell. Sure I have some qualms - clock management and his stubbornness with respect to playing vets over young players who are playing better (Theo Riddick is better than Bush out the backfield, couldn't get snaps even when Bush was injured)...but overall I think he's been very good. Really was turned off with the way he was shitted on when he got hired.

Meanwhile Whisenhunt looks lost in Tennessee.

I see what your saying about Caldwell playing Vets over young players, like Theo Riddick but Joique Bell (a leader and respected vet on our team) was suspended for a quarter last week and we still have yet to hear as to why that was. I have no doubt in my mind it was probably justified.

If you watch interviews with Theo Riddick he's a funny, but young and cocky dude who doesn't take the business seriously. He called himself "the Joker/comedian" of the Lions locker room. Probably not a good look if you're 25 years old, straight out of college when you got mature seasoned vets like DeAndre Levy, Calvin Johnson, Matthew Stafford and Suh around. Sure you're catching game winning touchdown passes but I think it got to Theos' head and Caldwell had to put him on check.

I'm glad I was wrong in my initial push to have Whisenhunt as our head coach. Dude turned our taent and franchise down and he can get bent and fired in Tennessee.

Coach Caldwell was exactly the coach we needed and our success has proven that.

Top Bottom