• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 2 |OT| Thread Title Subject to Change Depending on Public Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.
The majority of American parents admit to having spanked their child.
The current and last first ladies both admitted they spanked their children.
Spanking is legal across the land.

How is it not normal?

So according to studies:
- Spanking can be harmful to a child
- Raising your voice can be harmful to a child
- Time outs can be harmful to a child
- Grounding can be harmful to a child

Just leave them in their ignorance. They just don't get it.

bionic77

Don't know how you could beat a kid who is 4 or under.

I don't judge other parents and maybe some sort of physical discipline works, but I am skeptical of its use for small children.

Damn I am old. When I was in elementary the bad kids used to get paddled. I am pretty sure Gata could have used that growing up but that is just conjecture!

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
can you guys shut the fuck up about spanking or take it to OT? We got a shtfest game going on here
I'm pretty sure the NFL threads are pretty much a mini OT at this point. There's cell phone wars, console gaming, political discussion, making fun of gata/jnc/etc with a splash of football thrown in.

jakncoke

Banned
What did you buy

cheap-hipster-clothes-6-300x220.png

Bread

Banned
You can punish kids without hitting them.

Yelling* and timeouts work at my house.

* this only occurs when one child attacks or hurt the other. This drives me insane.
Oh I'm not trying to say they shouldn't be punished, just that you might as well be treating them like lesser beings if you're beating them.

Zeke

I'm pretty sure the NFL threads are pretty much a mini OT at this point. There's cell phone wars, console gaming, political discussion, making fun of gata/jnc/etc with a splash of football thrown in.
yea i k now but wait till the end of the game i mean shit the topic isn't going to go away anytime soon plus gata deserves it for being a jags fan and arousing animals

Spinluck

I got whippings as a kid, mostly from my dad, it stopped after middle school but I was really distant from my father until after I graduated high school. I would also get into fights at school (this stopped after the whippings). I don't think any kid should live in fear of a parent or their parents like I did. I won't "whup" my children if I ever have any, ever.

I'll just feed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom