• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJ11

Eagles have also faced two absolutely terrible defenses thus far in IND and JAX

Will be much more telling when they face SF or CAR

They're 2-0 but the wins have been unimpressive, still it's better to tough out wins at the start of the year and iron shit out as the year progresses.

Indy's D is really awful, zero athletes on that D. Worst LBs in the league.

jakncoke

Banned
Just for lol sake I looked up how many times in the entire history of the league a team has scored at least 60, 27 times.

eznark

Banned
They're 2-0 but the wins have been unimpressive, still it's better to tough out wins at the start of the year and iron shit out as the year progresses.

Erik Walden, defense savior!

Bowser

Indy defense is indeed awful, but Pep Hamilton's offensive playcalling is equally atrocious. Stop trying to act like Luck is Andy Dalton. Unleash him.

They did a great job against the run but man there were open guys all over the place. A couple drops and a bunch of terrible passes really slowed the offense down.

Crisco

Banned
Jesus christ, any half decent offense can move the ball between the 20s with our without a shitty QB. Just look at the Lions. Where you need a QB to earn his chops is in the redzone, The Eagles will struggle against teams who don't give up 20+ yard runs.

Jesus christ, any half decent offense can move the ball between the 20s with our without a shitty QB. Just look at the Lions. Where you need a QB to earn his chops is in redzone, The Eagles will struggle against team who doesn't give up 20+ yard runs.

The weird thing is that the Eagles had an excellent red zone game last season as far as I can remember.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
According to Football Outsiders Tom Brady and Jay Cutler had essentially identical impacts on their respective games.

Football number crunching is broken.

I feel like the stat guys tweak their formulas every week to make sure that Brady lovers can justify their lust. Meanwhile, he'll continue to fail them when he has to play a competent defense. ImOKWithThis.jpg

Hunter S.

Jesus christ, any half decent offense can stop the ball between the 20s with our without a shitty QB. Just look at the Lions. Where you need a QB to earn his chops is in redzone, The Eagles will struggle against team who doesn't give up 20+ yard runs.
Same thing can be said about good defenses. The only reason the Broncos are 2-0 is because of good redzone D. The total yards given up is bad, but they have stopped a lot of touchdowns in the red zone.

Bread

Banned
I feel like the stat guys tweak their formulas every week to make sure that Brady lovers can justify their lust. Meanwhile, he'll continue to fail them when he has to play a competent defense. ImOKWithThis.jpg
We get to justify our lust and you get to justify your bullshit hatred, it's the best of both worlds!

eznark

Banned

Well, they are both in the middle this week, but how any formula spits out Brady outperforming Cutler on Sunday, even marginally....I can't figure it.

jmdajr

Colts D is poop but still starting them against the Jags. Do they even one any weapons left?
Either all hurt or suspended.

Gata knows.

Tom Penny

Just for lol sake I looked up how many times in the entire history of the league a team has scored at least 60, 27 times.

Most of them were probably back in the day too when defenses would entirely shift field position and create tons of points and not even in this offensive era.

40 points? Didn't you hear, Bucket has declared this offense dead. I'd be stunned if the Packers even score 20 points in any game all year long.
2012 they underachieved greatly, injuries aside, it was the same unit as 2011 and it's stagnated ever since.

eznark

Banned
2012 they underachieved greatly, injuries aside, it was the same unit as 2011 and it's stagnated ever since.

The offense that scored the 5th most points in football? I agree they should be first every year but calling that "stagnant" is .... odd.

(Last year they were 8th in points scored and 3rd in yards....same as 2011!)

Konka

Banned
The offense that scored the 5th most points in football? I agree they should be first every year but calling that "stagnant" is .... odd.

092313-kelly-chip-eagles-600.jpg

gutshot

The weird thing is that the Eagles had an excellent red zone game last season as far as I can remember.

Their "red zone issues" are being overblown due to a small sample size. They didn't score any RZ TDs last week since they scored all their TDs on big plays. And then this week they struggled a bit at the beginning of the game, but their last 4 red zone trips resulted in 3 TDs and a game-winning field goal. Their red zone offense is fine.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/cbs-rihanna-out-nfl-telecast

CBS and Rihanna are splitting up after more fallout from the Ray Rice incident.

The network said Tuesday it was permanently editing a song featuring Rihanna's voice out of its Thursday night NFL telecasts — after the singer issued a profane tweet about it.

A portion of Jay-Z's "Run This Town" featuring Rihanna was cut from last Thursday's game because CBS was covering the controversy over Rice's assault of his then-fiancee. CBS planned to use the song Thursday and for the rest of the season, but Rihanna tweeted, "CBS you pulled my song last week, now you wanna slide it back in this Thursday? ... Y'all are sad for penalizing me for this."

CBS issued a statement saying that it was "moving in a different direction" with different theme music.

based CBS

Hunter S.

Their "red zone issues" are being overblown due to a small sample size. They didn't score any RZ TDs last week since they scored all their TDs on big plays. And then this week they struggled a bit at the beginning of the game, but their last 4 red zone trips resulted in 3 TDs and a game-winning field goal. Their red zone offense is fine.

Given the short season it would take a lot of game before you can actually say the sample size on red zone defense/offense is large enough to make a big statement about anything actually. I would say it might take until half a season has gone by before you could. You have to look at it game by game in this sport early on.

Hunter S.

Konka

Banned
Given the short season it would take a lot of game before you can actually say the sample size on red zone defense/offense is large enough to make a big statement about anything actually. I would say it might take until half a season has gone by before you could. You have to look at it game by game in this sport early on.

Thankfully those are things that can be rectified. Losses can't and we're 2-0 so far. I'll take it. The point is the Eagles haven't played well in their two games and lead the league in scoring and total yards, had they played well it they could have easy added 50% to their numbers and would be literally running away form the rest of the league.

cdyhybrid

Dutch, you forgot Percy Harvin. Go Hawks.

Tampa Bay at Atlanta
San Diego at Buffalo
Dallas at St. Louis
Washington at Philadelphia
Houston at NY Giants
Minnesota at New Orleans
Tennessee at Cincinnati
Baltimore at Cleveland
Green Bay at Detroit
Indianapolis at Jacksonville
Oakland at New England
San Francisco at Arizona
Denver at Seattle
Kansas City at Miami
Pittsburgh at Carolina
Chicago at NY Jets

Crisco

Banned
Ok Panthers fans, I think our job is clear, make Cam Newton start sliding via public shame. Similar to planking or Tebowing, we'll start posting Vines of "Caming", where you fall head first while curling into the fetal position. Bonus points if you do it while clutching a laptop. Harsh, but he needs our help and this is the only way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom