• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now get your popcorn ready.

Cam's taking the show on the road against the Steelers tonight!

I see the "My team lost in overtime, time to complain about the overtime rules" period has started.

Remember when people thought the Niners were the 2nd best team in the league? They aren't even the 2nd best team in the division. The honeymoon for Harbs and One Read Kaepernick is over.

Bread

Banned
Did yall not just see Seattle destroy the Broncos D? They won that game fair and square. College football overtime is amateur nonsense that's not even real football.
noodle was making a joke about the NFL changing rules when manning doesn't get it done.

Velcro Fly

It should be sudden death after both teams have had a possession and it's still tied.

Baseball doesn't end games in the top of the fucking 10th if a team scores. Games are still being decided on a motherfucking coin flip.

cdyhybrid

Was a good game. Congratulations.

No accusations of cheating? Stick to your guns my man. Don't go in your shell when things go wrong.

I wouldn't say garbage, but definitely 100% inconsistent. That last drive was a beauty though. Only one play I really hated and that was the 2nd 3 where Russ had to throw away that lead to 3rd and 3.

If he called that last drive at the beginning of the 4th the game is long over.

Branduil

I don't get why the NFL insists on having stupid overtime rules. Just copy the college model verbatim!

I'd move the starting spot back to the 40 or 50 yard line, but yeah, I'd much prefer a college-style format where both teams get a shot, 2nd OT you have to go for 2 on extra points, etc.

It should be sudden death after both teams have had a possession and it's still tied.

Baseball doesn't end games in the top of the fucking 10th if a team scores. Games are still being decided on a motherfucking coin flip.

Using your own analogy, games don't end in the top of the 11th if a team scores either, so not sure how letting both teams have a possession fixes any of your beefs. I don't mind it. OT doesn't need to be dragged out. Both teams by that time have had 60 minutes to win the game.

No way. The league wants the games to end and not drag out for long stretches (that's also why you can have a tie) and if you can't stop the other team from scoring a TD on the first drive you deserve to lose. Coin flip my ass

Even though Denver lost, this was a real moral victory for them. They showed heart and resilience for most of the game. Wish it would have ended differently, but Wilson did his thing.

Talon

"Luke, I heard that the NFL switched to Surfaces because laptops kept on disappearing."

"Luke, how many laptops have you had stolen since joining the Panthers?"

"Luke, have you seen my laptop?"

No accusations of cheating? Stick to your guns my man. Don't go in your shell when things go wrong.

If he called that last drive at the begging of the 4th the game is long over.

Well if Hau$$$$ didn't miss the FG we would of won.... , or if the D didn't give up 8 points in ~41 seconds.. I mean everyone made mistakes this game.

Russell miss that huge 3rd down on wide open white boy too. I was really critical on Darrell last year, but I've been watching a lot of other teams, and good OC/play callers are freaking rare. Just ask the 49ers fanbase.

TJack, doing that work.

Hell of a game. Didn't alay any of my concerns with the D, but we got the W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom