• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Enough there for Broncos to believe/hope they can win if they get to the SuperBowl again.

Denver's Defense seems to show up for two quarters every game. They're either really really good, or really really bad. Denver D in the first and fourth Quarter were excellent.

Bill Plaschke ‏@BillPlaschke 4m

Wonder if film of this OT will be shown next spring at owner's meetings as part of discussion to make OT fair once and for all..

Time to peace out.

Complimentary bags of dicks to everyone who makes a laptop joke tonight.

ShaneB

I did pretty good in the pick 'em league so far today: 12-2.

Only messed up on KC and SD.

I'm 12-2 so far as well, really cleaning up with my work pick em, sadly ddn't get my picks in the gaf yahoo group =(

Looks like I'll win both my fantasy leagues as well. 2-1 in SiF, and 3-0 in the Stragglers league!

The rule change was only done so to stop the coin toss winner from going 45 yards and kicking a fg and ending the game

Still feels like a silly way to handle it. The CFL does a "take turns" approach.

Godslay

Banned
Can we agree that was the Broncos best?

Sometimes you just gotta tip your hat and call the Seahawks your daddy.

I don't think so.

A no turnover game is the Broncos best, plus a true commitment to the run would help.

Seattle may have won a Superbowl against us and the last game, but we have been their daddy throughout their history. 2 games doesn't change decades of being dominated. I'm not trying to rub anything in, but let's call a spade a spade here.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
New overtime format:

Each team has to start with it's players behind their own goal line.
The ball is placed on the 50 yard line.
DODGEBALL!
Whichever team gets the ball goes on offense, continue with normal OT rules.

Welp that's it.

Defense was gassed. They gave it their all.

Again Seahawks receivers ain't all that. That one TD was a Talib misread then it was anything. Lynch just big time owned with receiving and rushing yards. Ironically Seahawks won with a rushing TD, i knew no way that the Seahawks receivers going to get that separation to get that big play after that Talib fuck up. I was alright with Broncos letting Russell get those short runs instead and trusting that red zone D to stop that run like they did the first time.

cdyhybrid

Haha. If you saw a guy chewing his gum like that in the gym you wouldn't immediately label him a tool? Sure....
Pete is just training his jaw because he's a world-class lady-pleaser. Surely someone with your physical prowess could respect someone for training so hard for their sport ;)

a916

No way. The league wants the games to end and not drag out for long stretches (that's also why you can have a tie) and if you can't stop the other team from scoring a TD on the first drive you deserve to lose. Coin flip my ass

What long stretches? After both teams have possession, all it takes is a drive to the 35 and a FG to end it.

This is as stupid as the MLB ending games at the top of the 10th because the team "can't stop the other team from scoring"

Okay this is my last post.

Presenting the Holy Triumvirate of Bandwagoning

ByGF5EdIIAA03ik.jpg:large

This is why Charlotte fans get no respect.

I don't think so.

A no turnover game is the Broncos best, plus a true commitment to the run would help.

Seattle may have won a Superbowl against us and the last game, but we have been their daddy throughout their history. 2 games doesn't change decades of being dominated. I'm not trying to rub anything in, but let's call a spade a spade here.

This is a what have you done more lately sport and you know it. They're your daddy for now.

Narag

Let's just eliminate OT altogether and play five 15 minute periods to placate fans that feel their team deserves more time to win a game past regulation.

Velcro Fly

Well in the top of the 10th the home team gives up a run so the game is over. They had 9 innings to win it in regulation after all so no complaints!

Still feels like a silly way to handle it. The CFL does a "take turns" approach.
The CFL also is inferior in every way.
Let's just eliminate OT altogether and play five 15 minute periods to placate fans that feel their team deserves more time to win a game past regulation.
Naw penalty kicks! First kicker to kick three 60 yard FGs, then turn around 10 times while singing "Oh Susana" Wins!

Greg

new OT:

you pick your best 11 players and scatter them around the field
Olivia Munn is blindfolded and placed at the 50 yard line
the first player she manages to tackle loses the game and their soul

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 3m

Broncos are 0-3 in OT games with Peyton Manning as QB (including playoffs) They were 4-0 in OT in 2011 (all with Tim Tebow as QB)

slabrock

Banned
Fun Fact: The same coach who made that call also called a to last week against the Packers

That Marty game was the worst. I was watching the game with a group of friends which included a Bears fan. The second they chose the wind everyone just stared at me and started laughing.

Purdy

Anyone got a gif of the sack on Kap?

Anyone know why that one wasn't a penalty as it was a lot more dangerous than the hits on Stanton? Doubt it changes anything but infuriating none the less

HylianTom

Banned
new OT:

you pick your best 11 players and scatter them around the field
Olivia Munn is blindfolded and placed at the 50 yard line
the first player she manages to tackle loses the game and their soul

Replace Olivia Munn with Betty White, and I'd support this wholeheartedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom