• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 3m

Broncos are 0-3 in OT games with Peyton Manning as QB (including playoffs) They were 4-0 in OT in 2011 (all with Tim Tebow as QB)

One is the son of God and the other is cursed to fail over and over (unless he plays Rex Grossman).

Well in the top of the 10th the home team gives up a run so the game is over. They had 9 innings to win it in regulation after all so no complaints!

Baseball is not remotely as physically demanding as football you can just let guys go out there and play and extra 10 innings and nobody could care. There are health concerns with having these guys play additional time when they are bashing their skulls against each other.

Talon

Did the NFL switch to Surfaces because laptops kept on mysteriously disappearing every time the Carolina Panthers came to town?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
ByGJ6qvIgAA4iyk.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
Cody Wallace getting a start tonight at LG and Lance Moore finally going to be play

Also Ninja you're insane and anyone that advocates for ties being ok are an enemy of mine. ties are communist and therefore bad.

Velcro Fly

Baseball is not remotely as physically demanding as football you can just let guys go out there and play and extra 10 innings and nobody could care. There are health concerns with having these guys play additional time when they are bashing their skulls against each other.

I don't think giving Denver another series to go down and score a touchdown before sudden death happens is the end of the world. You have college teams running 90+ plays a game on each other and no one says a word about that. Health concerns is such a cop out that I almost can't believe it's mentioned as to why OT is still win the coin flip win the game.

zychi

Banned
They should make OT a full quarter, whoever just tied, the opposing team gets the ball first. No coin toss, play it like its the 4th quarter again.

I don't think giving Denver another series to go down and score a touchdown before sudden death happens is the end of the world. You have college teams running 90+ plays a game on each other and no one says a word about that. Health concerns is such a cop out that I almost can't believe it's mentioned as to why OT is still win the coin flip win the game.

They had 4 quarters to do it.

Tamanon

Banned
Finally back from the beach. Spent the last day of summer there to cap it off. Missed the Jags game, but glad to see the Bortles Era is officially underway. I know he's going to have some screw-ups, but the big plus for him is that he actually tries to throw down the field. Henne was so conservative that he always ate sacks waiting for a perfect throw to open up.

I'm stoked! But don't have too much success so we can make sure and get a good lineman in the draft!

Godslay

Banned
Again Seahawks receivers ain't all that. That one TD was a Talib misread then it was anything. Lynch just big time owned with receiving and rushing yards. Ironically Seahawks won with a rushing TD, i knew no way that the Seahawks receivers going to get that separation to get that big play after that Talib fuck up. I was alright with Broncos letting Russell get those short runs instead and trusting that red zone D to stop that run like they did the first time.

Should have had Miller as the spy imo. Similar to when we played the Panthers. Have Miller shadow him like he did Cam. Less pass rush, but more containment.

This is a what have you done more lately sport and you know it. They're your daddy for now.

In these last 2 games sure. 2 games isn't all we've ever played.

Kusagari

If your team can't stop the opponent from scoring a TD on a crucial drive, you deserve to lose.

If you can hold them to a FG at least, you give yourself a chance to win.

The thing is who is to say the other defense wouldn't have shit the bed just as bad?

It still comes down to who gets the coin toss.

Then why stop there. If Denver scores a TD, then Seattle comes back and scores ANOTHER TD, why doesn't Denver then get ANOTHER possession? Does it ever end? At the end of the game they can give both teams trophies too.

Finally back from the beach. Spent the last day of summer there to cap it off. Missed the Jags game, but glad to see the Bortles Era is officially underway. I know he's going to have some screw-ups, but the big plus for him is that he actually tries to throw down the field. Henne was so conservative that he always ate sacks waiting for a perfect throw to open up.

I'm stoked! But don't have too much success so we can make sure and get a good lineman in the draft!

You miss out on Den vs SEA!

Carolina hasn't lost at home since Week 1 last year?

Spy-gate?

Playoffs?

Godslay

Banned
I bet my Man Godslay remembers who used to be a part of the AFC West. :-D

Sure. It's as distant as the 2013 Superbowl in my mind. If Seattle fans want to use the past against us, then they should look at the bigger picture. Prior to 1998 when the 12th man decided to finally show up.

Tabris

The rules are fine. We got beat fair and square. Our D should have made a stop. They got scared and played against the big play, instead of treating it like a regular quarter. So Russell Wilson had plenty of time to escape containment (lol, what containment), or throw the quick drop passes, or have Lynch run the ball.

Sure. It's as distant as the 2013 Superbowl in my mind. If Seattle fans want to use the past against us, then they should look at the bigger picture. Prior to 1998 when the 12th man decided to finally show up.

12th man was too busy with the SONICS OKAY! AND THE M'S! KEN GRIFFEY JR BRO!

It might be time to jump back on the Bengals bandwagon. I'm not going to lie I quit following them completely around 2005. I was so exhausted rooting, following, and attending games of that abysmal team. All of the arrests/bad behavior in the late 2000's didn't inspire much enthusiasm either.

I feel like a loser POS for ditching them when I've been a life long Reds/Bengals fan through all kinds of terrible seasons and mismanagement. Is there room for me on the bandwagon? This team has been so damn fun to watch this year. I've said quite a few times I wouldn't root for them until Brown was cold in the ground but even he's shown a bit of a heart this year.

I'm not bitter. But I better not see you jumpin' off when shit gets bumpy.

Bengals' losing stigma is so strong that it'll take an AFC championship to get attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom