• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 3 |OT| But Wait, There's A Flag On The Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
Still amazes me that they managed to go to 4 consecutive Superbowls, and blew it each time.

If you watch the highlights somewhere early on Scot Norwood shanks a kick which is hilarious for multiple reasons starting with these highlights come from the year he screwed the Bills out of a SB with wide right

BigAT

https://twitter.com/RamonFoster/status/512378664517140480/photo/1

BxxVrbpIUAAnbib.jpg

Twist: that's not his kid.

Doomsayer

Was this posted? Alex Boone is not a fan of this new NFL.

“I saw a guy last night in the Indianapolis game. He’s coming down the field, clean hit, the guy wasn’t looking. Number one, you’re playing football. You should always be looking where you’re turning. This guy got called for 15 yards because he smoked some guy in the side, which is completely legal in my opinion. But they called him for unnecessary roughness because he’s a defenseless player. If you are between the white lines, you are not a defenseless player anymore. I’m going to tell you right now. When you’re on the sidelines, you are defenseless. You mean no harm to anybody. But if you’re down there running to smoke somebody, and somebody hits you, that’s your own fault. That’s the problem with this league. Too many people are worried about player safety, now we’ve got to worry about this — why are we doing this? If we want to hit each other and have fun doing it, let us do what we do. Sometimes they take it to an extreme.

http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/alex-boone-nfl-officials-penalties-player-safety/

Much more at the link. I agree with him, 100%.

MechDX

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 1h
Out of the 7 teams that are 2-0, DEN, ARI, HOU, CAR & CIN all QBs that have yet to throw an INT. Only 2 that had QBs w/ INTs, PHI & BUF

Interesting stat

zychi

Banned
Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 1h
Out of the 7 teams that are 2-0, DEN, ARI, HOU, CAR & CIN all QBs that have yet to throw an INT. Only 2 that had QBs w/ INTs, PHI & BUF

Interesting stat

Hou, car, and cin are mostly run game right now too. Ditto for Phi and Buf

Vyroxis

Banned
The best change to win one was the first one. Lost cause the kicker missed it and then proceeded to get blown out the next three bowls

Kickers must have the most stressful job on the team. When the game is on the line, you only get ONE SHOT at doing the ONE JOB the team hired you to do. You don't have to tackle, or throw the ball, or run with it. Just kick it. And do it right. Or you lose.

FUCK YOU GARY ANDERSON. YOU HAD ALL SEASON TO MISS A KICK AND YOU WAITED UNTIL THE ONE GOD DAMN KICK THAT MATTERED YOU PIECE OF UGLY SHIT. I HOPE EVERY DAY YOU HAVE DAY TERRORS ABOUT THAT KICK. I HOPE EVERY NIGHT BEFORE YOU GO TO BED, THE GHOST OF THAT GAME HAUNTS YOU, REMINDING YOU THAT YOU COST US A TRIP TO THE BIG GAME. I HOPE EVERY SECOND TUESDAY OF EVERY ODD MONTH YOU STUB, AND BREAK, THE TOE ON YOUR KICKING FOOT TO REMIND YOU THAT HEY ASSHOLE, YOU HAD ONE FUCKING JOB.

Syrinx

One of the few times my jaw actually dropped during a game is when Billy Cundiff missed that kick against the Patriots.

ShaneB

How can they be great if the guys they have don't draw?

Sorry, should have clarified. The cards are full of great fights for a mma fan, but the ufc does a terrible job of building stars with personality to really make events seem like a major event. Examples being the many numbered ufc OTs that say 'who?' and end up being solid cards.

Plenty of reasons for it, but I just enjoy the cards as they come and see good fights.

Kickers must have the most stressful job on the team. When the game is on the line, you only get ONE SHOT at doing the ONE JOB the team hired you to do. You don't have to tackle, or throw the ball, or run with it. Just kick it. And do it right. Or you lose.

FUCK YOU GARY ANDERSON. YOU HAD ALL SEASON TO MISS A KICK AND YOU WAITED UNTIL THE ONE GOD DAMN KICK THAT MATTERED YOU PIECE OF UGLY SHIT. I HOPE EVERY DAY YOU HAVE DAY TERRORS ABOUT THAT KICK. I HOPE EVERY NIGHT BEFORE YOU GO TO BED, THE GHOST OF THAT GAME HAUNTS YOU, REMINDING YOU THAT YOU COST US A TRIP TO THE BIG GAME. I HOPE EVERY SECOND TUESDAY OF EVERY ODD MONTH YOU STUB, AND BREAK, THE TOE ON YOUR KICKING FOOT TO REMIND YOU THAT HEY ASSHOLE, YOU HAD ONE FUCKING JOB.

Yeah and there was that.

jakncoke

Banned
Everytime i refresh this page it starts off at the old guy g unit pic and makes me laugh at that possibly being bionic old ass.

Talon

Ugh.

Here's some real football. A preview of Buccaneers @ Falcons.

Thursday night games bring a new host of challenges - mainly that you’re going from at least five full practice days to three days at most. That’s less time to digest the loss. That’s less time to put together a game plan. That’s less time to practice plays. That’s what leads to the more simplified gameplans in these games - and, consequently, the reputation that Thursday games have earned for being “ugly.”

Falcons fans will remember the Ravens and Falcons game back in 2012, where the offense was simplified to almost exclusively no-huddle to great success. Last week was frustrating for fans for a number of reasons, but one particularly galling aspect was the lack of tempo and rhythm in the offense. Perhaps we’ll see the Falcons offense dip back into that well with that game plan.

They can suffer for our entertainment.

Think of it like jury duty!

Well he only suffered because he choose SAO, one of the worst animes (In recent years) that makes a effort to be good and fails horridly. Now if he wanted something good that's very similar (genre, not with the incest and the attempted rape on a comatose girl and 95% of the creepy ass shit) he would of gone with Log Horizon.

Well he only suffered because he choose SAO, one of the worst animes (In recent years) that makes a effort to be good and fails horridly. Now if he wanted something good that's very similar (genre, not with the incest and the attempted rape on a comatose girl and 95% of the creepy ass shit) he would of gone with Log Horizon.
I've fallen for this trick before! Never again!

JABEE

I don't want to see any of the rest of you bringing anime smut in here. Fox and Cajunator were grandfathered in. No one can understand the Noodle's affiliation to that stuff. I'm just glad the Gata hasn't been exposed to those cartoons. This thread would be ruined! He posts too much to be on team anime!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom