• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

LevelNth

Banned
Looks like a catch and down by contact to me.

As for everyone saying what's the defenders supposed to do? How bout wrap him up? Usually I'm right there with you on these calls, but neither defender attempted to wrap him up regardless of whether he lowered his head.
Completely agree. Both went for the big, body check style hit.

As for everyone saying what's the defenders supposed to do? How bout wrap him up? Usually I'm right there with you on these calls, but neither defender attempted to wrap him up regardless of whether he lowered his head.

This is where the league is heading. The idea of spearing or dislodging the ball from receivers, on any part of the body, is going to disappear.

Biker19

Banned
Glad that Paul's OK.

On another note, there was no way that should've been a fumble, & no way that should've been Giants ball. They snatched the ball out of his hand.

untitled-12jdkf7.gif

LJ11

Not sure its that easy for the defender, have no problem with the flag though. Happened so quick, hard to go lower. If you nail him low you can blow up his knee. Tough situation.

JABEE

Not sure its that easy for the defender, have no problem with the flag though. Happened so quick, hard to go lower. If you nail him low you can blow up his knee. Tough situation.
He also really wasn't a defenseless receiver at that point. He was a runner at that point lowering the crown.

Top Bottom