• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 4 |OT| Hell is Empty and All The Devils Are Here

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
So the lady in this commercial.. she's bragging about how her family forgot their roots? Sad.
The U.S. is full of a bunch of bandwagoners, shit we got people in here squickening to teams all the time, we even have a custom name for it.

HylianTom

Banned
The U.S. is full of a bunch of bandwagoners, shit we got people in here squickening to teams all the time, we even have a custom name for it.

It's just an incredibly foreign concept to me. And now it's being celebrated in an NFL commercial. Really depressing. Almost seems dishonorable.

I didn't start cheering for the Cowboys when I lived in Texas.

i said it last week, Cousins is a average/below average talent. He just fits a system Gruden refused to tailor to RGIII... It's kinda the same with Eli, he was bad the first few games learning a new system. It eventually would've clicked with RGIII.

Bacon

It's just an incredibly foreign concept to me. And now it's being celebrated in an NFL commercial. Really depressing. Almost seems dishonorable.

Yeah I don't like that commercial either. You're stuck rooting for the team that you're born into imo.

It makes it sweeter when your team is actually good because you've stuck with them from the beginning.

DarkFlow

Banned
Yeah I don't like that commercial either. You're stuck rooting for the team that you're born into imo.

It makes it sweeter when your team is actually good because you've stuck with them from the beginning.

You can root for whoever the hell you want, it's not a caste system.

HylianTom

Banned
It's just football

Ehhh.

This also seems foreign. When I brought my partner home, one of the first questions my parents asked me was, "Who does he cheer for?"

They would've had a bigger problem with me bringing home a Falcons fan than they would've with the whole "homo" thing.

"Just football" does not compute, lol

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

Yea its weird. I say you get one team per league.
A former coworker of mine is from Atlanta, but he's a braves and red sox fan, patriots fan and a ny giants fan. When he told me this i was like wtf is wrong with you.

People also become fans of pro teams because their favorite college player was drafted by that team.

Then you have people like bionic that just picked their teams based on who had the most championships.

Godslay

Banned
Yea its weird. I say you get one team per league.
A former coworker of mine is from Atlanta, but he's a braves and red sox fan, patriots fan and a ny giants fan. When he told me this i was like wtf is wrong with you.

People also become fans of pro teams because their favorite college player was drafted by that team.

Then you have people like bionic that just picked their teams based on who had the most championships.

It was weird when Gata was a Bronco fan. His obsession with Tebow is puzzling.

Tamanon

Banned
I dunno, I think you're allowed one team change, but only if it involves a move, or if a team springs up in your town. Like my dad was a Packers fan growing up, but that's just because there were no local teams. When the Jags came about, we became Jags fans.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
... anyone have a "fuck you, gata" image handy?

cat-punches-alligator-o.gif

Top Bottom