• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

MechDX

Dallas Police Depart ‏@DallasPD · 2h2 hours ago
It's incredible what you find on the interwebs...@houstonpolice #CowboysNation #cowboys #texans
Byybm3MIQAAFqMi.jpg:large

Houston Police ‏@houstonpolice · 1h1 hour ago
@DallasPD You're right! @HoustonTexans #GoTexans #Texans #HoustonTexans

Byyh6A3CEAAiXDU.jpg:large

the play which really stood out to me last night was when brady tried to force it to a double covered Gronk instead of hitting a wide open Devlin. There's not trusting your players and then there's just making really bad decisions and that one was a horrible decision. I wonder if his affection for Gronk and Eddleman has anything to do with why Tompkins and Dobson were inactive. We get it tom, they're not Moss, but they're what you have and you gotta work with it. Dobson could be the guy if Tom had the patience to work with him. I'm not about to seriously say we should start Jimmy G, but if Brady won't spread the ball around then he's a much bigger problem for this team than most people think he is.

Purdy

Michael CrabtreeVerified account
‏@KingCrab15
I don't know what people are talking about with Mr Deion... But we good over here!

Maybe Deion should stick to coming up with imaginative names for his kids

BUF @ DET
BAL @ IND
CLE @ TEN
CHI @ CAR
HOU @ DAL
PIT @ JAX
TB @ NO
ATL @ NYG
STL @ PHI

ARI @ DEN
KC @ SF
NYJ @ SD

CIN @ NE

SEA @ WAS

Leading MVP candidate through 4 weeks: Philip "Lightning Feet" Rivers

LVP: Tom Terrific

Tom Penny

the play which really stood out to me last night was when brady tried to force it to a double covered Gronk instead of hitting a wide open Devlin. There's not trusting your players and then there's just making really bad decisions and that one was a horrible decision. I wonder if his affection for Gronk and Eddleman has anything to do with why Tompkins and Dobson were inactive. We get it tom, they're not Moss, but they're what you have and you gotta work with it. Dobson could be the guy if Tom had the patience to work with him. I'm not about to seriously say we should start Jimmy G, but if Brady won't spread the ball around then he's a much bigger problem for this team than most people think he is.

You think Brady decided to activate 5 RB's and 3 TE's LOL They activated running personnel and never ran. That is the genius of Josh Mcdaniels....He's so damn clever.

eznark

Banned
Week 4: The week both Brady, Scam and Cutler were benched for being ineffective.

Such a fun week, wish we never had to leave it.

TheFatOne

After thinking about the game this morning I believe Brady should be benched. Online can't give him the time he needs and he's locked in on two guys. Would wait until he has another horrendous game against the Bengals though. I don't think JAG is a legit starting qb but Brady is mentally done right now.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
After thinking about the game this morning I believe Brady should be benched. Online can't give him the time he needs and he's locked in on two guys. Would wait until he has another horrendous game against the Bengals though. I don't think JAG is a legit starting qb but Brady is mentally done right now.

I'm all for trading Brady, but benching him does nothing for this team unless we can bring in a filler guy, and whose even out there to realistically do that? I don't want to throw Jimmy in there and ruin his confidence, he's clearly not ready.

MechDX

I'm all for trading Brady, but benching him does nothing for this team unless we can bring in a filler guy, and whose even out there to realistically do that? I don't want to throw Jimmy in there and ruin his confidence, he's clearly not ready.

Mallett for Brady and a 3rd round pick

eznark

Banned

Brady has a $33m albatross around his neck.

MIN @ GB

BUF @ DET - welcome back Jim Schwartz. 31-17
BAL @ IND
CLE @ TEN - Should have come to Detroit, Whisenhunt lol
CHI @ CAR
HOU @ DAL
PIT @ JAX
TB @ NO
ATL @ NYG
STL @ PHI

ARI @ DEN
KC @ SF
NYJ @ SD

CIN @ NE - RIP Brady

SEA @ WAS

If we make the playoffs despite the injuries, Caldwell has to be coach of the year.

Earendil

Really nervous about this week. Historically, the Bengals wet the bed on national television. This team seems different, but old fears are hard to get over.

TheFatOne

You think Brady decided to activate 5 RB's and 3 TE's LOL They activated running personnel and never ran. That is the genius of Josh Mcdaniels....He's so damn clever.
That was insane. I thought we were going to see a ton of ridley but we got shotgun runs with vereen. Comically terrible coaching. I still believe a lot of the problems defensively are coaching,but there is a clear problem on the interior right now. Kelly release looks better and better as the weeks go on.
Pats are going to have to find out one way or another if JAG is legit.

cdyhybrid

Go Hawks

MIN @ GB

BUF @ DET
BAL @ IND
CLE @ TEN
CHI @ CAR
HOU @ DAL
PIT @ JAX
TB @ NO
ATL @ NYG
STL @ PHI

ARI @ DEN
KC @ SF
NYJ @ SD

CIN @ NE

SEA @ WAS

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Byybm3MIQAAFqMi.jpg:large[img]

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Byyh6A3CEAAiXDU.jpg:large[img][/QUOTE]

I personally subscribe to the Hank Hill all Texas Superbowl.

His will be done.

There was a lot that went wrong with that game. I'm just saying if Brady isn't going to even look at people who's names aren't Gronk and/or Eddleman then thats a problem.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
That was insane. I thought we were going to see a ton of ridley but we got shotgun runs with vereen. Comically terrible coaching. I still believe a lot of the problems defensively are coaching,but there is a clear problem on the interior right now. Kelly release looks better and better as the weeks go on.

Pats are going to have to find out one way or another if JAG is legit.

Looks better? He would address a major problem they have. Love the timing of his comments last night, but I also agree with him.

We wouldn't find out anything about Jimmy by throwing him into this mess. The only thing is you could piss off a fanbase and destroy his confidence.

TheFatOne

Looks better? He would address a major problem they have. Love the timing of his comments last night, but I also agree with him.

We wouldn't find out anything about Jimmy by throwing him into this mess. The only thing is you could piss off a fanbase and destroy his confidence.
Sorry about that was being sarcastic about Kelly. That move was obviously horrible. Then pats are stuck with Brady the rest of this year. Crazy that I would say something like that. End of an era.

Man that game was so much fun last night. I cant wait to watch the all 22s of it. I thought Brady was showing sings of regressing last year, but this is so far beyond my wildest dreams. I am going to be devastated when the Pats do bench him.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Sorry about that was being sarcastic about Kelly. That move was obviously horrible. Then pats are stuck with Brady the rest of this year. Crazy that I would say something like that. End of an era.

He was being sarcastic.

Not sure how I missed that lol, I thought you were implying there was something to do with age and the lack of speed. One of the major problems is the weakside with Chandler not being able to set that edge. Looks like Osi out there.

TheFatOne

Tell him to go home and collect his $35m in private.
Exactly. Not like belichick hasn't done something like this before. If he complains it's going to looks bad on Brady. Brady doesn't have a choice anymore. His skills aren't there and there might be a legit replacement,but given the pats drafting history I doubt it.

eznark

Banned
Remember how we were all so embarrassed and sad that Montana just didn't know when to hang em up?

His play with the Chiefs was better than Brady has been the last two years.

Congratulations on capping your legacy Tom!

Tom Brady gave passive high-fives to the other offensive players coming off the field — Gronk, Julian Edelman, the offensive linemen — but stayed clear of Garoppolo. Brady didn't offer him any congratulations or daps.

When they returned to the bench, McDaniels sat in between them — Brady on the bench, Garoppolo on a water cooler. The two quarterbacks didn't appear to speak. Brady watched the rest of the game silently with his arms folded, with no teammate coming within 20 feet of him.

jfc tom pls

Zeke

I feel good about the Texans game which probably means we'll lose. I think Murray can put up another 100yd game up. That's where this game will be decided. I'm really interested to see our line go up against watt if they can contain him Romo will do fine but that's a big ass if.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Exactly. Not like belichick hasn't done something like this before. If he complains it's going to looks bad on Brady. Brady doesn't have a choice anymore. His skills aren't there and there might be a legit replacement,but given the pats drafting history I doubt it.

Bill will never bench Tom, it just won't happen. He would trade him before benching him.

MechDX

I feel good about the Texans game which probably means we'll lose. I think Murray can put up another 100yd game up. That's where this game will be decided. I'm really interested to see our line go up against watt if they can contain him Romo will do fine but that's a big ass if.

Shit. You guys got this, seriously. The funny thing is both teams could be looking forward to the following week: Texans play Colts and Cowboys play Seahawks

Top Bottom