• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I feel good about the Texans game which probably means we'll lose. I think Murray can put up another 100yd game up. That's where this game will be decided. I'm really interested to see our line go up against watt if they can contain him Romo will do fine but that's a big ass if.

I don't think the Texans are ready for a team like Dallas and that run game at the moment but you never know. Fitz could have a magic game! Maybe.

At the very least, Brady's decline has been consistent the last 5 seasons

D54FAx6.jpg

Goddamn.

Dude was beastly from 2010-2012.

TheFatOne

Not sure how I missed that lol, I thought you were implying there was something to do with age and the lack of speed. One of the major problems is the weakside with Chandler not being able to set that edge. Looks like Osi out there.
The issue is that right now he's the only pass rush option. Its Jones or bust so he has to rush. I know he's way better than he played yesterday especially in the run game. Nink should have never been a starter. Dude is a ghost 80% of the time. Have no idea why people love him. He would be a great bit player in a great defense. Belichick has to clean house after this season but he won't. His OC and DC should be gone.

Fox318

Manish Mehta
‏@MMehtaNYDN
FB John Connor, who was Rex Ryan's pick in the fifth round in 2010, will replace the injured Tommy Bohanon. #nyj

Bohanon was so much better than Conner.

I forget that you're like 17 years old and don't remember the days when it was O's and Braves only in that area.

No I absolutely get it.

But its still fuck the Braves. If my choices were rooting for an Atlanta-based sports team and getting crushed by a giant boulder, I'd take the boulder. I don't care who these fairweather hicks down here root for.

Remember how we were all so embarrassed and sad that Montana just didn't know when to hang em up?

His play with the Chiefs was better than Brady has been the last two years.

Congratulations on capping your legacy Tom!

The Chiefs didn't just put an aging Montana in at QB and hope for the best. They also signed Marcus Allen, and had a top-5 defense in 1993, and a formidable offensive line. That chiefs team was packed with star talent... The Patriots have a middling defense, a bottom 5 offensive line, absolutely no running attack (or no gameplay to try to run), and a cadre of receivers that includes career backups from St. Louis and Carolina.

Tom Penny

Goddamn.

So when they had good offensive players the offense / Brady was better. What a revelation. They were the first team to focus on a 2 TE offensive as the main weapons and the offense was kicking ass.Then one became a gimp and one is murderer...do the math.

The issue is that right now he's the only pass rush option. Its Jones or bust so he has to rush. I know he's way better than he played yesterday especially in the run game. Nink should have never been a starter. Dude is a ghost 80% of the time. Have no idea why people love him. He would be a great bit player in a great defense. Belichick has to clean house after this season but he won't. His OC and DC should be gone.

The ran the same alignment against Miami with Jones on the outside and got ran all over...the coaching has been terrible all year on both sides of the ball.

So when they had good offensive players the offense / Brady was better. What a revelation. They were the first team to focus on a 2 TE offensive as the main weapons and the offense was kicking ass.Then one became a gimp and one is murderer...do the math.

Let's not forget, they also had a 1,000+ yard rusher that year in Stevan Ridley, who became fumble prone the following season, and the offensive gameplan has completely abandoned the run since. It's sad when it's 3rd and 3 and there is no hope of picking up a first down on the ground, so you have to pass. Even when they attempt to run, it's with a delay, counter, or draw from Vereen, and you're left scratching your head.

Zeke

Shit. You guys got this, seriously. The funny thing is both teams could be looking forward to the following week: Texans play Colts and Cowboys play Seahawks
Trap game! I think it's going to end up being a close game tbh. Watt is going to be a damn good challenge for the line. I'm sure he can man handle Free I see him as the weakest link. That Tyron Smith vs. JJ Watt match should good tho I'm excited about it.

TheFatOne

The ran the same alignment against Miami with Jones on the outside and got ran all over...the coaching has been terrible all year on both sides of the ball.
Kc took advantage of it as well. Jones kept crashing inside to help vellano,etc and they kept faking it inside and running outside. Players weren't ready and were confused all day.

Brings me even more joy to know the eagles have not and never will bring you a super bowl trophy.

We will see little one. Just like I said in the offseason, the arrow is pointing up for the Eagles, the Pats are as down as possible. So much for Revis being the best CB in football still, boy were you wrong about that.

TheFatOne

We will see little one. Just like I said in the offseason, the arrow is pointing up for the Eagles, the Pats are as down as possible. So much for Revis being the best CB in football still, boy were you wrong about that.
This would be true if the eagles had a qb they don't. Eagles right now have about as much of a chance to win the super bowl as the pats.

This would be true if the eagles had a qb they don't. Eagles right now have about as much of a chance to win the super bowl as the pats.

This year I totally agree. Foles is basically Brady tier. But I do think that Chip will find a QB that can run this offense and once they do get a QB look out. They were putting up 30 a game with no running game and Foles playing like shit for the most part. Eagles are 1 piece away from at least being a good team, Pats have tons of holes beyond even not having a QB.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
racing games are the greatest

music off, engine up, time trials forever

I fucking love time trials. wipeout hd platinum club.

Goddamn.

his decline happened over night , 2012 i thought was a bit stronger from him despite his so in percentage, mainly due to trying to stick it to welker and the loss of BOB. Mcdaniels didnt know how to use tight ends or ghe fact that tom didnt have the deep ball anymore.

Tom Penny

Kc took advantage of it as well. Jones kept crashing inside to help vellano,etc and they kept faking it inside and running outside. Players weren't ready and were confused all day.

They just need 40 more players like Matthew Slater since he one of the few that actually does his job on the team right now...

Farooq

Banned
Want to post this for the new thread because I thought it was cool.

ShiftGIF.gif

Before setting itself for the snap, the Dallas offensive line shifted itself upright and settled back down – an homage to Cowboys teams of the 1960s and 1970s, under the guidance of former coach Tom Landry and quarterback Roger Staubach.

“That’s one of the signature things of the Coach Landry teams, was the offensive line coming to the line of scrimmage and doing that when Roger said ‘Shift,’ and the backs would shift behind him,” said Cowboys coach Jason Garrett. “That’s an image that we all have. It’s an iconic image in football.”

Garrett said at his Monday afternoon media session that the Cowboys offense works on the “Victory” formation on Saturday mornings during walkthrough. The incorporation of the Landry Shift is something typically done only in practice as a nod to the past.

“There’s great history and tradition in this organization – obviously, the greatest coaches, the greatest players, some of the greatest teams ever,” Garrett said. “It’s something we embrace and our players embrace.”

On this particular occasion, the Cowboys used the shift during live action. Garrett said that wasn’t a decision made by the coaching staff, but by the players on the field.

“Somehow, some way they communicated with each other to take it to the game, and it was fun to see,” he said.

Link.

TheFatOne

I keep forgetting to mention this but it's insane Wright doesn't play more and amendola somehow continues to play. I know they are stuck with him but they shouldn't be playing him. I can sort of see why Thompkins/Dodson haven't played. They're better in the intermediate game and Brady hard no arm,but no excuse for wright. He should be playing more.

I keep forgetting to mention this but it's insane Wright doesn't play more and amendola somehow continues to play. I know they are stuck with him but they shouldn't be playing him. I can sort of see why Thompkins/Dodson haven't played. They're better in the intermediate game and Brady hard no arm,but no excuse for wright. He should be playing more.

You would think they would play Wright just so that he can get some numbers and make giving away Mankins look slightly less ridiculous.

Fox318

Brian Costello @BrianCoz · 3h 3 hours ago
Rex told Sanchez he was benched in the locker room after the Ten game. No meetings, nothing. The only decision was McElroy or Tebow.

So Rex is standing up to the GM by diverting all of the bench Geno stuff to his desk?

STAY STRONG REX WE BELIEVE IN YOU

McDaniels

Wright had like 15 snaps yesterday too

jmdajr

I don't think the Texans are ready for a team like Dallas and that run game at the moment but you never know. Fitz could have a magic game! Maybe.

Cowboys will go into that game over confident. Granted if they fall behind they can come back quick and recover like in the Rams game. Texans will pretty much need a perfect game to win.

Top Bottom