• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

Dude they came out throwing the ball, that's the crazy part, they came out throwing. Gameplan from the go was to pass, I have no clue what they were thinking. Fred was starting to get going too when they gave him carries. It's old Fred so he doesn't have much speed but you can count on him to make guys miss. Spiller too, but Spiller's just trying to break the long one constantly. This staff doesn't use the backs like Gailey did. Gailey killed Romeo on the ground, Romeo would never adjust to what Gailey was doing, and Gailey would shred him on the ground.
I posted earlier in the game saying that if your coaching staff didn't run the ball at least 30 times, they must have some form of brain ailment. I watched about half of the game and it was frustrating. I know your offensive line is a mess but the Texans have very little on thier defense line outside of Watt (who can wreck shit as we've seen) and their linebacker play has been poor. The Giants mix in some zone blocking from time to time but I posted a few gifs a few days after the Texans game and we did nothing fancy. Just plain power with a pulling guard more often than not. We had Watt one on one with a tackle/guard but not often. He was usually double or at times triple teamed.

Here's the thing though - it's not like the Giants were tearing off huge runs. I think Jennings had one 18 yard run in the whole game. The rest of the afternoon was 5 yards, 7 yards, 9 yards, 6 yards, etc. etc. etc. With the types of backs you guys have, the Bills should have run all over that team. Aside from that, the thought of Spiller on a screen against those linebackers? *faints*

Let's talk about Destiny.

Junk is grindy. I'm level 25 now and every method of progression requires grinding for materials and/or currency. Still having fun but I don't know how much more of this I'll do.
Yeah idk. I'm only level 16 haven't played a ton since launch. But I havent felt the need to want to play it that I thought I would have. Played the beta and alpha, and got the digital guardian edition but idk how much time I'll be putting into it honestly. Thought it would be the only game I would be really playing for the rest of the year, but doubt that now.

But I'll probably try and put some time in this weekend if I can

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Whoa everyone let's calm down and take a deep breath.

There is a lot of thuggery going on in here.

Let's focus on the positives.

I'll start:

It's week 5 and the Browns haven't crushed my soul yet. This is a good thing.

rando14

I'll start:

Yeah it's week 5 which means you and me are going head to head in Shirtless!!

Prepare to get clothed BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIii

tch!!

Yeah idk. I'm only level 16 haven't played a ton since launch. But I havent felt the need to want to play it that I thought I would have. Played the beta and alpha, and got the digital guardian edition but idk how much time I'll be putting into it honestly. Thought it would be the only game I would be really playing for the rest of the year, but doubt that now.

But I'll probably try and put some time in this weekend if I can
The leveling is weird, you can get to 20 in about 10-12 hours but going from there to 25 takes about 20 more hours. Once you hit 20 the entire game is just replaying harder versions of stuff you've already done so that you can gain enough rep and marks to buy better armor/weapons. Loot drops are almost entirely irrelevant, at least in my experience.

The thing for me is I love the core gameplay and the PvP has grown on me so I'm still plugging away. The grind is really bad now though, I can't even upgrade my weapons and armor without farming a bunch of materials which is super boring.

Prepare to get clothed BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

tch!!

Remember how terrible I am and still won against you?

Greg

tch!!
this season doesn't count

Greg

Pretty sure you will same the same thing after our ping pong match!

Stop being such a Rodgers!
I was talking about our Shirtless fantasy season that I'm 0-4 in

the Packers are still winning the Super Bowl this year, and I will whip your ass in ping pong

bionic77

I was talking about our Shirtless fantasy season that I'm 0-4 in

the Packers are still winning the Super Bowl this year, and I will whip your ass in ping pong
Stop lying to yourself. Its all over.

This is the Lions league now. And you could never beat me at ping pong!

gutshot

By3pEHaCUAAXo5B.png:large

The Eagles offensive line, ladies and gentlemen!

The leveling is weird, you can get to 20 in about 10-12 hours but going from there to 25 takes about 20 more hours. Once you hit 20 the entire game is just replaying harder versions of stuff you've already done so that you can gain enough rep and marks to buy better armor/weapons. Loot drops are almost entirely irrelevant, at least in my experience.

The thing for me is I love the core gameplay and the PvP has grown on me so I'm still plugging away. The grind is really bad now though, I can't even upgrade my weapons and armor without farming a bunch of materials which is super boring.
For me I guess I'm just second guessing if I think the long term payoff is really worth it.

But I do like the gameplay a lot, and loved pvp in the beta/alpha. I need to try and play more of that part

Zeke

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/OmuFg9erlDu/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Damn it can someone host that and post it. I'm on mobile so I can't do it. Tyron is a beast bah gawd

cashman

Banned
Again I would like to remind everyone of my prediction of Tammy getting old and being horrible BEFORE the season.

Also nice of them to confirm what my eyes can see!

I remember lots of people saying it last season too. It's nice to see him officially over the hill though.

Nori Chan

I'll start:

And when it happens, I'll be there to eat the remnants of your soul off the floor.

I don't necessarily agree on that last point. I went from 20-24 almost entirely on blue loot drops. Either from enemies running missions or some time at the magic cave when it was still active. I'm 75% of the way to 25 thanks to running the Queens Mission quests. I'd be at 25 already if I could get a decent roll on the items. I've gotten same helmet from the Queens missions 4 times now (*throws table*). I know there's a legendary chest and gun that drops but I've not been lucky.

I don't disagree on the grindy aspects of it. If you want to accrue legendary gear, then you pretty much are farming marks, coins, motes, etc. either in single player content or the crucible. Though I think drops will improve now that they're making substantial changes to how the engrams are decoded.

I'm still having a good time with it though my play time will decrease with Shadows of Mordor, Alien Isolation and The Evil Within hitting in the coming weeks. I still plan to be playing as new content is released.

bionic77

I am so on point right now in ping pong - even better than the peak of my college days when I was famous at the rec center
I have not touched a paddle in more than a year.

But you and I both know (along with everyone here and your gf) I will still win.

Greg

I have not touched a paddle in more than a year.

But you and I both know (along with everyone here and your gf) I will still win.
I hadn't played in about 4 years, and it only took a few sessions to get most of it back

I'm not mean - I'd at least let you get comfortable with the game again before I crushed you!

The Giants have 4 players on the injury report:

Odell Beckham Jr. (Hamstring)
Jon Beason (Toe)
Devon Kennard (Hamstring)
Steve Weatherford (Ankle)

All will be full go at practice today. Giants have no one sitting out at the moment. (I'm knocking on wood, crossing fingers and or any other superstitious shit to keep the team healthy).

I don't necessarily agree on that last point. I went from 20-24 almost entirely on blue loot drops. Either from enemies running missions or some time at the magic cave when it was still active. I'm 75% of the way to 25 thanks to running the Queens Mission quests. I'd be at 25 already if I could get a decent roll on the items. I've gotten same helmet from the Queens missions 4 times now (*throws table*). I know there's a legendary chest and gun that drops but I've not been lucky.

I don't disagree on the grindy aspects of it. If you want to accrue legendary gear, then you pretty much are farming marks, coins, motes, etc. either in single player content or the crucible. Though I think drops will improve now that they're making substantial changes to how the engrams are decoded.

I'm still having a good time with it though my play time will decrease with Shadows of Mordor, Alien Isolation and The Evil Within hitting in the coming weeks. I still plan to be playing as new content is released.
Yeah, you're right. That's how I leveled to 24 as well. What I should have said was the loot drops become almost entirely irrelevant once you can finally afford to buy some legendary gear, because at that point leveling is all about upgrading your existing gear. That's what I'm dealing with now and it basically translates to farming for stuff like spinmetal. Thrilling!

Of course you can still help yourself out with exotics from Xur but those strange coins aren't exactly easy to come by either. And I still don't have a legendary primary or special weapon...

Milchjon

Of course you guys try to fight against free speech. Why do you people hate America so much?

Also, I see someone hating on Northern England. Visiting Newcastle right now and it doesn't seem half bad.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Either great o-line play or terrible d-line play. Both the nt and de get hooked from the far side. Don't even get me started on the linebackers.

Top Bottom