• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

untitled-19ubuva.gif
untitled-200ruk3.gif

Fox318

how is this a choke?

its a fucking 58 yard field goal

If idzik actually had some fucking talent on the roster the team woild be 6-0

LJ11

Last 3 games between Jets/Pats has been decided by a combined two points. So the Jets should fire everyone and clean house, while the Pats shine up those superbowl trophies.

Dragon

Banned
it's not like the Pats got a big push. I don't "blame" anyone but even at 58 yards that kick needs a higher trajectory

There have been maybe 20 kicks in NFL history that have been 58 yards or longer, Folk was good throughout the game. Bad playcalling on the final drive is kinda what I'd point to.

Plus both the Ohio teams are at least as good, if not better.

When you look over a period of time, the Browns and Bengals have not been that great. This year, well duh. The AFC East is putrid. Deacon's post is just salt as usual.

Apparently 58 yard field goals are common!

58 yard field goals kicked low enough to be swatted by multiple people is a choke

Kicking onside with 3 minutes and 1 time out left is a choke

Calling 2 timeouts in the 3rd quarter is a choke

Giving up a touchdown on 3rd and goal at the 19 is a choke

At least one of these things is true, pick whichever makes you feel best

Bowser

Jets lost this game in the first quarter - coverage bust on the Vereen TD and the holding penalties on their first two drives in the redzone that killed any chance of scoring TDs

Fox318

58 yard field goals kicked low enough to be swatted by multiple people is a choke
You need to to that for a shot that long.
Decision worked out fine.

Calling 2 timeouts in the 3rd quarter is a choke

At least one of these things is true, pick whichever makes you feel best

Both those timeouts helped stop a patriot drive.

Jets lost because they lacked talent not coaching or heart.

Onside kick cost them that game. They had one time out, and have been getting to Brady all night. Put your D out there and play field position. Onside kicks are for when you have no time left or are down by multiple scores.

A couple days after losing the leader on defense and starting rb this is pretty much what I expected.

Mayo might not be that good of a player but he can make the right calls.

Dragon

Banned
"If my team was good they'd win games."

Guess it takes Jets fans until week 7 to figure that out.

I mean it's a combination of bad luck and bad coaching IMO. The Jets roster isn't really worthy of 1-6.

Gotta say though 40 minutes in possession and around 350 yards of total offense is pretty putrid.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
can this Pats team beat the Bears? Or the Broncos in two weeks? or forget that the colts in 3 weeks

Fox318

"If my team was good they'd win games."

Guess it takes Jets fans until week 7 to figure that out.

Look at the fucking games they have played.

Outside of the chargers game they could have won this and every other game they have lost if they just had 1 fucking extra cb and wr.

Top Bottom